"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 10:08:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sandokan proxy  (Read 12429 times)

Re: Sandokan proxy
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 02:40:23 am »

If you remove alting and dual logs, the rest of the game stops being playable
I ever played without fast relog and dual logs and it was fun. Lately, 'cause withdrawal symptoms from Fonline, I tried to persuade some friends to come back but none of them wanted try a game where you need at least 5 alt for fight ...
I fear that this will end with hamper the chance of new players ( oh I nearly forgot, this is not a problem, it is a feature).
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »

So yeah, I've played PvP in Dark Souls with a naked build using only a dagger and it was fun too, doesn't mean it makes you effective. Basically, you misunderstood the argument.

Besides you don't even need 5 alts, most people use about 3 and the time it takes to level them up is considerably less than reaching endgame in basically every other commercial mmorpg that's currently on the market. Anyway unless you've got 10+ friends or good alliance capability you'd ragequit anyway because the TC design allows only for the top dogs to have a shot at winning - best you could do with less would be an occasional backstab or hunting bluesuits around NCR. Another reason why this game desperately needs an arena style PvP mode with players/characters-per-side cap. And no, I'm not talking Hinkley because the risk/reward factor is nonexistant making it detached from the rest of the game. I don't know, maybe implement another Hinkley where you bring your own gear and fight gang-on-gang Thunderdome style? Wouldn't even be that hard to make a backstory and you could always repurpose the Ares interior map at first if you don't have a free mapper at hand.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:19:39 pm by Nice_Boat »
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2012, 05:36:24 pm »

Nice_Boat, we both know you can never have enough alts(the more the better, it only further increases the gap between those who spend more time on this game), i do agree that the endgame is reachable much more faster than in other games when it comes to leveling characters, but the logistics behind them, ugh ... that is worth to talk about. Example, i liked when armors didn't get useless after fixing them 2 times, after that usually it is another repairing material, but then again Solar was talking about armors not dropping resistances till 50% deterioration witch would be pretty fine on current system. Nobody will work on that except Solar, who knows when he gets back.

There was this domination mode mentioned somewhere by the developers(Solar?), well just some dream currently as it seems. Same principle applies what you are pointing out, somewhat balanced in terms of players from both sides, own gear, well objectives speak for themselves since it is domination.

Bottom line, there is nobody motivated enough to do this from 2238 team, roughly quoting one of the developers, "it takes shitload of organization, stop."

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 05:01:23 am »

Maybe the solution is to let us have more then one client open? other servers like Goon-Haven allow it.
Brad Smalls is back
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 08:57:12 am »

Nothing worse can happen ( we already have PvP like on Requiem with multiple alts per multiple windows, here it is doable by one client ), it seems we will pretty much never see something to prevent FR, until then i don't see how that will make a difference, some players will not be able use the word "cheaters" as excuse and maybe suddenly change their opinion about it all by start using multiple clients themselves like someone offered them a bag of candy to do so.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:04:35 am by T-888 »

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 11:55:20 pm »

well there is not much harm it can do in PvP i mean it saves the few seconds it takes to relogg but it can be alot easier to taxi and farm with this feature and most gangs do it anyway so i don't see the point in leaving it on.
Brad Smalls is back
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.