"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 06:00:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How should this be implemented, if considered?

Option 1 only
Option 2 only
Both options
None - I don't like it

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Name Colorization - possible solution  (Read 14068 times)

Re: Name Colorization - possible solution
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »

Some days ago i had to go through all TNB base members/friends and distinguish 2 player characters to kick them out, the thing i realized that i don't know like 1/3 of the characters to what player they belong who are regularly in TS with me. Funny thing that i personally added most of the characters myself, but it's close to impossible to remember all player characters to whom what belongs, in this case those two guys were from a specific faction and it took me quite some time to figure out who's alt is what player by asking countless times (accidentally kicked out some of SoT member sneakers who weren't active at this moment and i just had forgot), if only i had some list ...

... like old NC.

There goes your argumentation, verbal destroyer. Speak to a developer, not a girl.

You might check my previous posts in this topic. Verbal destroyer carries on ... much to be destroyed.

Why is it so important anyway to know from where our char knows him?

No shit. If we always fought for sense in all features so hard as jovanka, i dunno if we would have anything in this game. (maybe jovanka will be smart, like "hmm these noobs won't get this feature, they are wrong!!!(trying to pull out hair with both hands) Must tell them that i will not touch this feature and it's for Solar who will not be back in the next year or so (evil mad laugh)"

jk :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:19:20 pm by T-888 »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2012, 04:08:27 pm »

i still dont understand why namecolorsing was removed on firstplace. that was one of most handy features ever.

btw.. its might sound funny.. but its one of reasons why da biggest part of fonline cummuinity (russians) are not playing on 2238. really.
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2012, 06:58:00 pm »

i still dont understand why namecolorsing was removed on firstplace. that was one of most handy features ever.

Hey. How about boykotting 2238 a bit on that matter? Run around with "bring old NC back" posters around. Scream paroles, stuff like that,eh? Setting a new record for "least players online" for a day, for example. ;)

Hey! You random guy there! Stop rolling on the floor, is it that funny?

scarletdevilist

• Whoop ass time! ^^
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 07:47:36 am »

Your idea has so many flaws I dont even know where to start at.

I thought the same thing after a day of thinking of that post XD
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 03:42:17 am »

Also the fact that you can color max 199 players with current colorizing just makes it insufficient with current ammounts of alts.
Ah, so thats the reason why it didnt worked right.

P.S.: Please, bring old NC back.
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »

Hey. Werent here much more replies before i went to work or was something insightful junklocked already so we cant see it?

Because im getting a impression that opinions are being silenced. IMHO, of course.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 04:18:13 pm »

Nothing was deleted or sent to junk from this thread since September 15th my overparanoid friend.
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 04:19:46 pm »

I've said everything i needed to say, now it's whether someone puts their opinion higher than the community or not.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:58 pm »

Hey. Werent here much more replies before i went to work or was something insightful junklocked already so we cant see it?

Because im getting a impression that opinions are being silenced. IMHO, of course.

Well I'm takin a look into the forums all 1-2 hours, even when I'm at work (where I currently am for another 4 hours until 8 pm) and there was nothing more in this thread. I've seen your thread beeing locked.

My 2 cents regarding that:
Well, I like the discussion here. Tho it's more about (old) namecolorization itself and not my suggestions, which isn't the meaning of this thread. We don't have any open discussion threads for old NC, so I would be glad if we had one especially for that matter. I'm sure this thread will sink into the abyss of forgotten suggestions if we had one - but I don't care, I've stated my ideas.
But we will most likely not have such thread, because the general player stated opinion on bringing back old namecolorization  is "+1" - which in fact, is an important information, but useless for a discussion. And we all know how those "discussions" on this forum can end  ;)

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 06:40:41 pm »

TL DR

I want old NC.
Contra arguments are invalid.
Izual trolled hard.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:10 pm »

You give a huge list to someone, and all the person has to do is to pew pew the right colors.

in PvP people still shoot right colors ( every gray nick )

If I kill your guy on a desert I shouldn't be recognized by
every "anti-pk" in california (or whole PK gang, w/e).

Yes, this will make YOU think before you shoot in encounter.

And if you are tagged red because you did some mistake you can always talk to someone from that faction and talk it out. I had many  such talks in the past when someone killed me or one of my mates in Redding, becuase he was scared.

NC wont bring more killing, "PK" groups are already shooting everything.
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:52 pm »

I like your argumentation, Johnny.
Makes me think, that perhaps there is a chance for the old NC after all.
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVK7Mp1SdCI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVK7Mp1SdCI</a>

Somewhere starting at 1:44 Johnny N. appears, nobody thought and shot him because he is not colored.

avv

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23:03 am »

Somewhere starting at 1:44 Johnny N. appears, nobody thought and shot him because he is not colored.

Actually the issue there was probably that some even had him green because Johnny had been allied with them previously.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 10:39:09 am »

Pay attention when he appeared, there was only TNB presence and we don't have him green, Johnny just appeared to compliment on the nice battle, the point is - "no color" means enemy, just color gray. That is the argument and proof that more colors, more customization of opponents won't change how each individual player acts upon TC scenarios, it was one of the main argument against this feature previously witch i recognized as false from the very beginning of this discussion. Perfect test subject Johnny turned out, player not colored appears out of nowhere for just few seconds and our "combat units" managed to shove 4 armor piercing rockets into him in that short period of time, those are split second decisions (most probably delayed thought process for some players due to lack of awareness because the opponent seemingly appeared out of nowhere where nobody supposed to be, could call it a brief moment of confusion or just lack of sight).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:46:47 am by T-888 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.