Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Which one?

Turn Based
Real Time
Both

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your Combat Style  (Read 4676 times)

Ox-Skull

• TRH
Re: Your Combat Style
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:46 am »

I have switched to RT, b4 that i always used TB.

Main reason is Encs like rats, TB shoud intiate if player is attacked or attacks, rather then it instantly entering TB.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »

I've got no style, I'm a professional. But yeah, RT is the way to go, TB shouldn't even be in the game.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

a good TB pvp battle where it doesn't just matter who shoots first
Hmm. Just one question. Have you ever been in TB Caravan trap when they were supposed to be seen on map?

P.S. About types - voted for both.
TB - slow in time and easy, so can be perfect way for calm farming or playing 'chess' with another player.
RT - fast and deadly. Better thing for crowded PvP due to capability of shooting each other at the same time. Plus PvE can be better in RT owing to risk you take.
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »

I like to play with both RT & TB.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 08:37:39 pm »

I usually play in real time, for efficiency.
It would be endless to farm, pvp or travel on worldmap if everything was on turn-base.

But when you play with mates in pve, i think Turn-base is more entertaining. It allows you to care about every action of you mates and ennemies, to make fun of them, or congratulate their last move, to talk about random things etc...
It is even better if you play with people that aren't progamers. Their action are impredictable, refreshing.
While real time is about efficiency, Turn-base is more about enjoying the moment, every gestures for itself.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »

Hmm. Just one question. Have you ever been in TB Caravan trap when they were supposed to be seen on map?

P.S. About types - voted for both.
TB - slow in time and easy, so can be perfect way for calm farming or playing 'chess' with another player.
RT - fast and deadly. Better thing for crowded PvP due to capability of shooting each other at the same time. Plus PvE can be better in RT owing to risk you take.

What's a caravan?  A legendary sighting, like Big Foot?  A trap is a trap, I'm talking about honest to goodness "encountering" others generally while farming.  I know it doesn't happen much at all any more, but last season was a very deffinant possiblility.  I'm not talking about section 8 (bless their little hearts) traps.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 11:28:14 pm »

What's a caravan?  A legendary sighting, like Big Foot?  A trap is a trap, I'm talking about honest to goodness "encountering" others generally while farming.  I know it doesn't happen much at all any more, but last season was a very deffinant possiblility.  I'm not talking about section 8 (bless their little hearts) traps.

thats is a Caravan Trap, 3 o 4 hours of combat hahaha, very hard to play :P, but very funny!!!

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Cowardly Smoothskin

• Heh heh heh heh...
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 02:34:52 am »

Turn-Based.

I always liked TB back in the original Fallouts and I don't mind waiting for my turn because I always do other stuff in the meantime.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:25 am »

I would be both, depends who I play with though
Back In-Game :D

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:55 pm »

Both, because then you can meet more people to kill and use as an emergency toilet.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Grizzan

• Trollz0r
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »

I use both modes, mostly RT. But depends what character do I use.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:48 pm »

Actually I just remembered a little trick I used back when I was still playing.
The speed of you running is equal to the speed of other NPCs and players running. However, if you are encumbered, you cannot run, so that gives you a disadvantage.
*~combatmode tb*
Now, encumbrance doesn't give any disadvantage while in turn based because the amount of AP you spend doesn't change and you can't run in TB anyway (not like it would make a blinding difference). Now as I've said it someone is gonna hurr durr, nerf unfairness.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:30 pm »

I've got no style, I'm a professional. But yeah, RT is the way to go, TB shouldn't even be in the game.

Amen!
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 09:28:00 am »

thats is a Caravan Trap, 3 o 4 hours of combat hahaha, very hard to play :P, but very funny!!!

Where are the bombers?
Or the guys who drop in with a pile of slaves/cheap ghoul merc - all with plasma grenades?
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

tb early on, while levaling up against npc's.
some of my first builds would have been kick ass, if i was playing the original game.
with the leval cap, they sucked donkey dick later.
havent levaled up a dude that i would go for rt.
yet.
still figuring out how this particular flavor of fallout works best.
my kingdom for a gauss rifle.
2mm ammo and power armor.
the game has problems, but if we all can shake down some change to those who make it happen....
it should only get better.
c_hieter@hotmail.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.