"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 09:16:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Population.  (Read 2898 times)

187umkillass

• Everyday Iza Gunshot
Re: Population.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

This game is playable only for veterans(guys who started in 2nd/3rd season ; ] )

True, when to much RPG comes to PvP (craft, bla bla shit) people who dont have loads of time,newbie feels like this game is harsh and they waste of time. We all love F1/F2 but as long as Devs will try do something similar, players will suffer. When was Golden Era of 2238? 2nd session... why? People dont  waste time  for pseudo rpg craft/cd etc.

But i just  loud thinkin ;)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »

FR in combat doesn't help either, it's good enough that players aren't banned for dual logging doing simple things like adding characters to base, transporting alts to somewhere etc. etc.

Some simple CD on combat that would prevent re-logging for short time would allow all players use less alts while fighting and thus help new players fit in better. As far as i know it wouldn't even be complicated to implement that.
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »

It may not be so easy I think. Though if any measurement against FR should come it should be something like when character is killed or combat timer is still then the player gets a 2 min CD for logging into a different character. (2 min is the usual time to rearm the character and come back to the fighting area)
On the note of no gear for new players in pvp. It maybe a valid choice to give them metal armor, miniguns and laser rifles those are relatively easy to get and ain't so bad. A group of 10 could gather tons of it quite fast. AP ammo maybe slower to get but still not so hard.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 02:21:23 am »

To the folks who keep saying who the game is for:

Doesn't that just devolve into convincing people NOT to tell others about the game? There is absolutely no reason for any gamer NOT to TRY a game as a result of the community of that said game, saying it's not for them.  Let GAMERS try a game before you tell them it's not for them, in fact, DON'T even let yourself think you have the right to tell them whether or not they will enjoy. Your basis on other people's gaming habits is judged based on nothing except FOnline play and population status throughout the seasons.

Personally, if I play another game, and become sociable with some players, eventually I will ask if they have heard of, or would be interested in a Fallout Online game, which eventually leads to them downloading and trying it out, whether they stay or not should not be our concern. It SHOULD be the concern of the devs if they care about the population or not.

When it comes down to the population, if you, the player/community want to see a rise in our population, STOP NAYSAYING THE GAME!

Focus on positives when talking people up to Fonline. Admit to negatives when they come across them, but allow people to experience the game without the negative vibe.  Some folks may genuinely come to ENJOY the game, and (I'm not sure exactly WHY) the community.
--------
Member of other gaming forums? Make a nice thread about the game. I do it all the time and sometimes get a few new players who actually take a liking to the game.

It just seems odd that people bitch and moan about population, yet most of the players are bitching and moaning about the game itself, do you folks not see the catch-22?
'
--------
TL:DR -
You want more customers, stop shitting on your product.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:34 am »

CD was made 6x very recently.

Not so hard to make basic stuff/trade for good stuff.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 10:22:36 am »

FR in combat doesn't help either, it's good enough that players aren't banned for dual logging doing simple things like adding characters to base, transporting alts to somewhere etc. etc.
That's true, but still developers keep introducing retarded "fixes" like this:
- Followers can no longer be assigned to characters during their logout time.
Dual log promoted, again and not for the last time I guess. Same with travelling on worldmap, you cannot give lead to your second character, because he is offline. This used to be extremely useful when you were for example transporting your crafter, repairman or whatever to one of your tents.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 03:35:56 am »

This game is like a giant unwashed stinky cunt and us players are like sores.  Don't be a cunt sore.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Mr.Butthurt

• barrels of butthurt
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »

THERE IS LESS PLAYERS ON THE SERVER, STOP YOUR BELLYACHING AND CRY BABYING DEAL WITH IT.
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

Less players maybe, but many more than a month or 2-3 ago.

I often see 100-200 population on prime hours these days.

Also, I'm having much more fun than any previous season (shame on me). Maybe because the 'pro' players are quitting/idling/spending more time on forum/waiting for some form of perfection that will never be possible?

Anyways, thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

Solar is back = CDx6 xXDD coincidence?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:07 pm »

Less players maybe, but many more than a month or 2-3 ago.

I often see 100-200 population on prime hours these days.

Also, I'm having much more fun than any previous season (shame on me). Maybe because the 'pro' players are quitting/idling/spending more time on forum/waiting for some form of perfection that will never be possible?

Anyways, thanks for all the fish!

I hould admit that now its much better than it was few month ago.

Still trying to invite some friends here, but no succes yet :( wasteland is harsh!

Prometheus Pithras

• Blues, Blues Never Change
    • Black Metal Radio
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 01:00:20 pm »

[img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/nmcnly.jpg[/img

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9Zm8qBT-U[
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

Agriculture need to be multiplied is so huge, it is not even funny.
When you good collection of Slim Fit Black Leather Blazer Jackets it gives you confidence to attend to every occasion and cwmalls.com helps to dress up in the best possible way.
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:24 am »

Agriculture need to be multiplied is so huge, it is not even funny.

Please explain.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 17 queries.