"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:57:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Replace dead "Sexappeal" with a new trait.  (Read 6070 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Replace dead "Sexappeal" with a new trait.
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »

So, i'd like to suggest replacing Sexappeal with something more practical, more typical for 2238.

It should, as any other trait, give you a bonus and a drawback.

Feel free to submit your suggestions here.

As for mine, it's a "Jock", giving you a one extra stat point in Endurance, and taking 3 skill points per level away.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Replace dead "Sexappeal" with a new trait.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

if it would be "Jock" then its downside should be slow recovery not skill points loss.

"You are able to survive in hard conditions, but you need more time to recover because of uneasy survival. This trait gives you +1 endurance, but your healing rate will be lowered to 1, and your first aid/doctor and weakened cooldowns will be double longer."

And there is another cool trait that could be added:

Gifted

You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills. Your statistics are better than the average person, but your skills are lacking.
All seven stats have a +1 modifier. All skills are -10%. You receive 5 less skill points per level.
:D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:25:07 pm by vedaras »

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »

if it would be "Jock" then its downside should be slow recovery not skill points loss.

"You are able to survive in hard conditions, but you need more time to recover because of uneasy survival. This trait gives you +1 endurance, but your healing rate will be lowered to 1, and your first aid/doctor and weakened cooldowns will be double longer."

Gifted

You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills. Your statistics are better than the average person, but your skills are lacking.
All seven stats have a +1 modifier. All skills are -10%. You receive 5 less skill points per level.

never heard of it
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

Gifted

Really not so good for crafters or jack-of-all traders, but for pure fighter excellent trait. ;p
-5 SP means you have -2.5 IN, so it gives 4.5 points already, not 7. -10% to all skills isn't so bad when you need only to shoot (Small Guns), but if you also need science, repair, outdoorsman... Anyway, I think almost everyone will try to pick Gifted. But this trait can be changed to "just gives 5 point in "Avaible SPECIAL points"", so if you have all SPECIAL stats 5 + you have 5 avaible, with this trait it'll be 10, very good addition, but your skills will suck. Even with 10 IN, you'll have SP/lvl like with 7.5 IN, so you have to up IN to 10. Don't know... need to check this for balance.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:03:34 am »

How about Paranoid.

Like the Cautious Nature Perk, it gives +3 to PE for placement in Wilderness Encounters.

The mental cycles eaten up by the incessant planning and checking and re-checking interfere with learning, so exp is at a -10% penalty.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:33:06 am »

haha  i would take that for sure

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 06:51:02 pm »

How about Paranoid.

Like the Cautious Nature Perk, it gives +3 to PE for placement in Wilderness Encounters.

The mental cycles eaten up by the incessant planning and checking and re-checking interfere with learning, so exp is at a -10% penalty.

Nice one!
Also, maybe you can change "Tag!" perk into a trait, taking one skillpoint as a drawback.

avv

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 07:31:50 pm »

Fallout 3 style black widow/lady killer with a drawback. You deal extra damage to the opposite sex but you take extra damage from the same sex.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »

Fallout 3 style black widow/lady killer with a drawback. You deal extra damage to the opposite sex but you take extra damage from the same sex.

that would work only against npcs :/
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:42 pm »

Nice one!
Also, maybe you can change "Tag!" perk into a trait, taking one skillpoint as a drawback.

The perfect name for such a trait would be "Jack of All Trades". And I suggest -2 IN as a drawback - to make it "master of none" for sure. Or -1 to each PE/IN or IN/AG.
  Use your brain!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:19:29 pm »

People, think for a while, there cant be traits thats are always good.

Gifted

Jock would be too strong, it improves you in the battle, while it reduce only your recovery time, it is too good, everyone who had free trait would take it. However, alvarez version of jock is OK, as I think.
Gifted is too strong, every pvp char will take it, as skill points loses can be substitiuted with high int and you will still have 4 additional skill points. This trait was too strong even in fallout 2.

How about Paranoid.

This is ridiculus, maybe make a trait that gives you 10 hp per level and -50%exp? you cant make traits that improve you in battle and decrease only exp getting speed, it is too strong.

What about trait that increases range of view by 10 (or 6), while decreasing PE and AG by 1 (or PE only). "Sentinel - you are watchful and patient, so you are always watching out for danger, however, it made you quite dull". Sorry for my english, if someone can name and describe it better, I would be thankful.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:22:31 pm by God of Thunder »
"I am the lord of the wastelands, A modern day man of steel,
I gather darkness to please me, and I command you to kneel
before the
God of Thunder and rock'n'roll"
- KiSS "God of Thunder", wastelanders anthem
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 11:00:23 pm »

It won't work. -1 PE takes away 5 hexes of vision and bonus for shooting... Would be only useful for HtH chars..
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 11:14:24 pm »

I think, that the range of view formula is 10+4*PE. However I'm not sure. Try it with caracter with 1 PE, it doesnt have 5 RoV, but more, about... 14. Also when I have laser rifle (45 range) and 9 PE, I see one hex more of range of view than range of attack, so it seems that with 9 PE I had 46 range of view.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:16:41 pm by God of Thunder »
"I am the lord of the wastelands, A modern day man of steel,
I gather darkness to please me, and I command you to kneel
before the
God of Thunder and rock'n'roll"
- KiSS "God of Thunder", wastelanders anthem
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »

How about making sexappeal work for traders?
+30 barter for opposite sex. -30 for same sex.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 04:35:05 pm »

I would like Sex Appeal and rather useless Night person to be replaced by a paired traight: something like "Team Player" and "Loner"

Team Player would add some bonus when someone has you tagged, but a disadvantage if no one has.

Loner would add some significiant bonus but make you unable to lead and join groups (and lead NPCs either).

My first thoughts are:

Team Player: + 1 PE, +1 AG in group -> -1 PE, -1 AG alone.
Loner: + 1 PE, IN alone, no groups.

The problem would be that PVP characters will take Loner - or maybe not? the disadvantage is not as small is it might seem.

Discuss, please.
  Use your brain!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 18 queries.