"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 08:37:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Replace dead "Sexappeal" with a new trait.  (Read 6073 times)

Re: Replace dead "Sexappeal" with a new trait.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »

I would like Sex Appeal and rather useless Night person to be replaced by a paired traight: something like "Team Player" and "Loner"

Team Player would add some bonus when someone has you tagged, but a disadvantage if no one has.

Loner would add some significiant bonus but make you unable to lead and join groups (and lead NPCs either).

My first thoughts are:

Team Player: + 1 PE, +1 AG in group -> -1 PE, -1 AG alone.
Loner: + 1 PE, IN alone, no groups.

The problem would be that PVP characters will take Loner - or maybe not? the disadvantage is not as small is it might seem.

Discuss, please.
Yeah, I wanted to suggest these perks (not traits) from Fallout Tactics, because FOnline looks more like Tactics, not standart Fallout. But there's a problem... you can easy pick loner and be simply NOT in party. So gang of... loners will always have bonus, because they're together... but alone... without "party". It's no problem in town, in encounter one of them just can use distress call fot thier loners friends and they will come. Anyway, whatever tactic I'll play, I think I'll always pick this trait for 2 free stat points.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:11:27 pm »

You probably don't understand how gang PvP is done. Dedicated PvP characters do not have Outdoorsman, so they need someone to pick them up and bring to battle. If they have to go alone, they will step into shit very fast. Thus, if you pick loner, you somehow nerv team PvP for yourself... besides, if you are doing team PvP, why not use Team Player instead?
  Use your brain!

Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 05:34:15 pm »

I was thinking about:
Dual Wielding

Yes, one in each hand, shooting both costs (normal APs + 1/2), but you get a penalty of -50% chance to hit. Also you can't aim just like Fast Shot trait.

I don't know if it can be done, I just think that it would be fun...at least for the one who shoots.  ;D
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »

I was thinking about:
Dual Wielding

Yes, one in each hand, shooting both costs (normal APs + 1/2), but you get a penalty of -50% chance to hit. Also you can't aim just like Fast Shot trait.

I don't know if it can be done, I just think that it would be fun...at least for the one who shoots.  ;D
No, better then everyone can use two SG/EW one-handed weapon at a time.
But make perk (not trait) to make less % to hit. And yes you can't do aimed shots when firing with both weapons, and also it considered as burst mode but with 2-bullets burst. And no, not normal AP +1/2. AP for double shot = slowest of both weapons' AP + 1, and for burst +3, you getting -20% to hit (opposite accuracy weapon perk) with first shot and -40% with second. With burst the same + each next bullet from second weapon has double to hit penalty. "One hander" trait will make dual weilding impossible, or -80% to hit with off-hand weapon and no penalty with main hand weapon. But all this suggestions not for this thread ;p

Anyway, why do you want to replace/add traits? Why not to rework existed ones?

Night person = you don't have penalty % to hit and +N to sequence during night, but you suffer -1 ST -1 PE 'cause of day's weakness and eyes' light blindness.

Sex Appeal = when quests will be added, it'll be used, + opposite sex has more chance to do critical failure when attacking you, and the same sex more chance for critical attacks. Also NPCs opposite sex consider your CH = 5, if your CH <6, and the same sex CH/2 rounded down.

Edit: Also, continue with Sex Appeal.
If you're in party, every opposite sex player will have penalty to sequence (they will look at you most of time) and the same sex bonus to sequence (they will be nervous).
*If party has more than one Sex Appeal traits, effect do not stack.
*If party has atleast one male and atleast one female with Sex Appeal traits, party has no any effects.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:05:24 pm by UbiValkin »
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 06:17:41 pm »

If you're in party, every opposite sex player will have penalty to sequence (they will look at you most of time) and the same sex bonus to sequence (they will be nervous).

You forgot imposing behaviour and that would rather bring bonuses to team members.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 06:59:57 pm »

I really like raengar propositions. Maybe also make new traits in place of chem resistant and chem reliant, I never used them (if anybody use them, please tell). This way raengar prpposed traits can replace those two traits and still there will be place for another one new trait.
"I am the lord of the wastelands, A modern day man of steel,
I gather darkness to please me, and I command you to kneel
before the
God of Thunder and rock'n'roll"
- KiSS "God of Thunder", wastelanders anthem

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:39 pm »

I personally wouldnt like the game to have traits, that would help for example to have bonuses in battle without having downsides in battle.

So if you for example make "team member" trait, it should be about tagging you, it should be something like: if 3 team members are near you (in lets say 8 hexes distance around you) you get +1 pe +1 agility, if there are less you get -5 perception, then yeah, trait like this could be added.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:11:01 pm by vedaras »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:27 am »

Another suggestion "charming person".

"You have always been a charismatic  personality and things were easy to be done just by using your charm. Sadly, you used your look more than your brains. You get +2 to charisma, but all your initial skills are reduced by 15%."
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »

"You have always been a charismatic  personality and things were easy to be done just by using your charm. Sadly, you used your look more than your brains. You get +2 to charisma, but all your initial skills are reduced by 15%."
Thats totally imba. 2 SPECIAL stats just for -15% on everything? More like at least 50.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 04:18:55 pm »

"You have always been a charismatic  personality and things were easy to be done just by using your charm. Sadly, you don't pay much attention on (hmm... don't know life experience?). You get +2 to charisma, but you getting on 5-10 SP per level less."
10 is too much for 2 points, 5 is too low for 2 points, using 7 or 8 looks abnormal.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 04:28:27 pm »

Feral Kid, obviously.

Though change the "one less NPC" to something like -30 to speech, and science.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:30:14 pm by AxisFB »
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 04:34:55 pm »

Feral Kid, obviously.
Gives your + to melee, unarmed, outdoorsmanl and sneak, but you suffer science, repair, barter and speech? ;p

Also mobs consider you an ally, and all NPCs think you're an animal and shoot at you! Ok... atleast guards won't defend you in towns! People, if they know you're a feral kid, can shoot you. They will have penalty to karma, but till they have bad reputation, guards won't shoot them.
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »

Excellent development, RavenousRat.

However I think mobs being friendly should be determined by a 50/50 roll, to add some unexpected results.

Not quite sure about the guards not attacking thing. How would other players be able to detect it? Awareness perk?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:51 pm »

Excellent development, RavenousRat.

However I think mobs being friendly should be determined by a 50/50 roll, to add some unexpected results.

Not quite sure about the guards not attacking thing. How would other players be able to detect it? Awareness perk?

They will have to find it out, or the whole gameplay for the player with this perk is wasted. (Oh, look, it's FERAL BOY! Let's shoot him, LOL! :D) The player will have to be discreet and trying not to die in presense of guards.
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:48 pm »

In all seriousness I'd like a trait that was like the opposite of good natured.
Like bonuses to small arms, melee and something else. In return for a penalty to more peaceful stats.

this is a JOKE

Ravenous Fallout fan?

Over the years your patience has paid off and Fallout 3 was finally announced. Much to your disappointment it was not what you expected. You have endured much and as a result receive +2 EN as well as a 10% bonus to unarmed and melee. But your cynical behavioral tendencies have lessened you in the eyes of others and you suffer -1 CH as well as a 25% penalty to your speech, barter skills in addition to a perception penalty (-2) to your range of vision. and (or) ranged weapon distance modifiers.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:22:25 pm by Darkhart »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 19 queries.