"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 03:04:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: join two servers to one  (Read 1738 times)

join two servers to one
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:55:21 am »

what about joing fonline 2238 to server TLA or Requiem, it mean more people more possibilities more fun more gms who will keep server alright you they will take some idea from 2238 and you take some ideas from others server new wipe new server requiem 2238 or TLA MK2 with 2238... i want keep fonline working for long time... more server less people less fun less people who have interest and time to do something new on the server... try it

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: join two servers to one
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:08:40 am »

• Every single FOnline-based game is an unique project lead by a different individual or group that have their own different ideas, and expect to make something unique out of the same tools.

• The population will not necessarily be divided if more servers/games exist: we are all free to play as many servers as we wish to (as long as we have space in our machines :P).

• Different severs means different choices and preferences for players with different tastes: roleplaying, PvP, etc...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:21:05 am »

compromise, do something between, this server was special but know it is similar to the others only in others servers are more new gear and new items fast relogs same... town control dont know but i think there arent so big differences a long time ago there was updates often new things ideas but know it isnt like old time but but i hope you attract more people to this server like after wipe here were a lot of people it is pity that they left 600 people a lot of encounters lot of funs new friends a now 100 and so big map if is somewhere fight it is only during capturing city
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 03:23:45 am »

btw here is a lot of good suggestion how to do game more interesting but no one want realize it or dont know

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:58 am »

If the population of 2238 decreased, it was not because there were other servers around, but because this one was not attractive. Mixing all servers won't necessarily make the final product better.

No offense but you clearly don't really know what you are talking about.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:55:46 am »

None is going to do anything between, forget about it. Glorious dreams you have, nothing else.

No project wants to have too many people working on it, too many opinions lead to lack of consensus, problematic to work, agree on ideas, solutions, even to agree on basic level of common sense. Doable, yes, hard, yes, but practice shows it's near impossible if you force the wrong people to work together. 2238 developers agree with each other most of the time, they don't have such hard discussions like we have here on the forum, in a way they are more effective than larger cells and is better to not force more developers into their ranks or anyone else in that matter.

Merging projects, developers, technical features of servers is the worst idea ever.

Someone who wants to help a project, has the necessary skills, motivation, head on his shoulders, will find a way how to collaborate, blend in with an existing team, that's the smart thing to do, but that's a different story. Go try to convince the developers of TLAmk2 to drop their server, focus on 2238, give all their features, ideas to them and to eventually work together, sounds nice or not? Zero percent of success in any case, no matter what server, what people, the only thing that matters is own ambitions, ideas, dreams not the community. More servers = less of a community, more and more remnants until all the servers dry out eventually because of lack of players, that's what i predict.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:09:14 am by T-888 »

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:15:23 am »

I wish there was more games not less...

Good game with 100 players is still a good game. Bad game with 500 players is still a bad game.
Merging two different games doesn't guarantee any improvement. I would say quite the contrary.
Attempts to artificially increase number of players by limiting choice for them is a horrible idea.
You may end up with server that will be worse for everyone and less players than before.

If you think FOnline-based game can only get players from other FOnline game, if you think that
there is some limited pool of players who would like to play the game, then you start with a very
bad approach. If you are a dev, you also lack imagination and ambition. You should try to make
a good game, target it for more people not only for some old Fallout fans with only one reason
to play it - "because it's Fallout". It's insufficient reason IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:47:14 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

ok but here have to be done some changes if they dont want server with people... and militia was good for players a lot of gangs players wanted to do special militia so they have something to do and now ...
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:05 pm »

You should try to make
a good game, target it for more people not only for some old Fallout fans with only one reason
to play it - "because it's Fallout". It's insufficient reason IMHO.

Nice mind set you have, but 2238 is not being developed like that. If it had, maybe there would be some sort of starting location and maybe temporary tent for newcomers, more content instead of removing items from game, encounters etc. etc. you raise the difficulty and only "because it's fallout" any experienced player is not going to be affected by that very much, but i didn't thought about it before, what about new players? Population has only decreased with time, how is this a good game where new players come to express their anger on forum rather than give it a second try? This game reminds me of Ultima Online where the population are only veterans 90%... more falloutish would be 95%.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:06:44 pm by T-888 »

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »

what about joing fonline 2238 to server TLA or Requiem
Translate everything on TLA/Requiem into English first, then we can come back to this discussion.

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »

Translate everything on TLA/Requiem into English first, then we can come back to this discussion.

A. Translation.

The game is 98% translated into English. We owe Rigel , he made ​​85% of the total.

Here is the google translate from their website about the changes they make to this game. There is also polish language option added in this game also.

No I do not think they should merge projects, but if developers from 2238 tlamk2 reqiuem goon haven etc... worked together on a mega project for a new fonline server sure but I have my doubts this won't happen any time soon. Plus I think 2238 and tlamk2 are entirely differnt games with unique features to be "merged" into one server. I think its best to save the russians the grief of the current 2238 features.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:09:04 pm by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 08:28:18 pm »

Not to mention, but the TLAmk2 team are also trying translating from Russian to Ukrainian/Polish languages as well.

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 08:49:51 pm »

TLAmk2 team are also trying translating from Russian to (...) Polish

I can't wait to see the results.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 05:24:11 am »

the worst things are these fast relogs not pvp it is only about character over worldmap please fix it :( this server was always different and special due to not fast relogins and now it is like these others servers

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 06:23:29 am »

I once dreamed of Connecting 2238 to FO:AUS
but after lots of thinking the Technical Issues would just be too painful to resolve. :P
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 26 queries.