"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:29:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Changelog 19/07/2012  (Read 84802 times)

JovankaB

Re: Changelog 19/07/2012
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

So did I read it right that we can no longer snipe weapons out of enemy hands?  Can we even cripple them?  Or was it only the Supermutants in the Gunrunner encounters?

It should be possible to cripple them, they don't drop weapons because they were supposed
to be non-lootable so it was a kind of exploit. Just in the quests where enemies can't be looted.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »

Huh if i good remember that quest was only viable source of improved flamer, one of mutie have and there was one in locker ;P

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »

Wait wait... So one player each by one comming to the mine, giving some work on rocks then put them on brah, and then come to base is called "player interaction" buehahaha , no offense but this is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard on this forum since Xoen cow time.

Good to know, but I didn't said that.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2012, 04:31:17 pm »

It should be possible to cripple them, they don't drop weapons because they were supposed
to be non-lootable so it was a kind of exploit. Just in the quests where enemies can't be looted.

I understand that making them drop their weapons through critical hits was an exploit because they weren't supposed to be lootable enemies, but may I ask, why aren't they lootable in the first place? What is wrong with getting a few guns as well as the other loot from that quest? Especially when we can always farm Unity.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

Still, If whenever Iam wrong, this update ain't cool for crafters, and that was all fun what I've been gaining from this game (not counting unfinished quests and fail features),
I got mah fruits and can exchange them for not-so-shiny metel armors now for lamk2 and still have fun, while other people who still want to craft.... will make 5 another alts and get 5 another blueprints - really you're so intelligent.
And you want to decrease alting in any coming feature, b* please.
h
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 04:59:27 pm »

True, what happens in Modoc in second session can't happens now, who will camp inside a town with stuff waiting be wiped by raider? Now is blue suite  madness and WM camping.

Players evolved, if there would be second season right now, i bet there would still be WM camping and bluesuits running around. People just understood with time, that it's more efficient to plan some strategy and get to know what's happening inside the city while being on WM, and that it's better to just run around and see everything that happens and even cause some problems to some players by some bluesuits who have nothing to loose, instead of risking any gear/time re-arming upon loss.

Different season won't change that.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:06:29 pm by T-888 »

JovankaB

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 05:28:37 pm »

I understand that making them drop their weapons through critical hits was an exploit because they weren't supposed to be lootable enemies, but may I ask, why aren't they lootable in the first place? What is wrong with getting a few guns as well as the other loot from that quest? Especially when we can always farm Unity.

It's impossible to scale difficulty for quests with good rewards like BPs without giving the mobs some powerful weapons.
But if you give them powerful weapons, the weapons become reward too, so it becomes unbalanced again.

It's simply too easy to kill a supermutant with avenger with the AI we have.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:32:27 pm by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »

It's impossible to scale difficulty for quests with good rewards like BPs without giving the mobs some powerful weapons.
But if you give them powerful weapons, the weapons become reward too, so it becomes unbalanced again.

It's simply too easy to kill a supermutant with avenger with the AI we have.

So what? why can't those weapons be part of the reward? As said, we can still farm Unity 24/7. Imho it's better to get good weapons from quests like this instead of from random encounters genocide.

JovankaB

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

So what? why can't those weapons be part of the reward? As said, we can still farm Unity 24/7. Imho it's better to get good weapons from quests like this instead of from random encounters genocide.

Because it's too big reward for the difficulty / effort you have to take.
Don't compare Unity with 100% Avengers in safe locations please.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:37:09 pm by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

Because it's too big reward for the difficulty / effort you have to take.
Don't compare Unity with 100% Avengers in safe locations please.

All right, let's not compare these guys with Unity. Let's compare them with the Enclave folks you can disarm in encounters.

JovankaB

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »

All right, let's not compare these guys with Unity. Let's compare them with the Enclave folks you can disarm in encounters.

That should be more difficult too.
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »

Can't see the ticket, need privileges, anyway what jovanka is saying. It's fixed and can't farm enclave in a way it was done before.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »

That should be more difficult too.
Error: Forbidden

TICKET_VIEW privileges are required to perform this operation on Ticket #30

I guess that's because it describe an easy exploit that regular people can't view it :)
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

Can't see the ticket, need privileges, anyway what jovanka is saying. It's fixed and can't farm enclave in a way it was done before.
Still people got their explosives hurr.

Ab. BP rewards from the GR quest:
LSW BP
rest BPs (weapons farmable or useless)
Only cool "rare" but not so usefull (even with failromanic perks) Improved Flamers (hell let's steal some mk2 fuel instead of crafting because we can't durr).
Oh forgot - they're not so rare, can get them for free in Glow, fail again blurp.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:50:50 pm by Tomowolf »
h

JovankaB

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »

Still people got their explosives hurr.

Ab. BP rewards from the GR quest:
LSW BP
rest BPs (weapons farmable or useless)
Only cool "rare" but not so usefull (even with failromanic perks) Improved Flamers (hell let's steal some mk2 fuel instead of crafting because we can't durr).
Oh forgot - they're not so rare, can get them for free in Glow, fail again blurp.

Perhaps there could be more things in boxes but making supermutants lootable would just made it too good no matter what.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 33 queries.