"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:00:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Changelog 19/07/2012  (Read 84796 times)

Re: Changelog 19/07/2012
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

Oh ffs let the crafters fucking craft!  first you have to grind out horrible bps, then mine shitless.  Go to an ADv work bench make hq mats.  Then finallly make your fucking goofy gear....   I say there is enough monotony in the whole process to begin with, now you need an army of alts?  Fucking dumb.  Not just dumb, fucking dumb....

signed

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 01:04:27 pm »

They nerfed crafters lol  ;D To be honest... There was only one good crafting system and it was 2nd season system.

Damn those seasons X this, season X that.. I do not even remember which one was what:P

Care to recall what you've got in mind?

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 01:19:17 pm »

Care to recall what you've got in mind?

Ofc.

Only basic stuff craftable, basic armors craftable(from jackets to metal armor mk2), basic weapons craftable(sniper rifles, avangers, lsw's, gatlings(?) only farmable, sniper rifles in caves).

You could dig minerals/ore anywhere on map. There was no CD for that. You could dig as much as you could. The limit was your carry weight.

There was almost no CD for crafting. It was something between few seconds and few minutes  ;)

Simple and satisfactory.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:25:54 pm by manero »
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »

Yess. I remember also those times when you put caravan into encounter and dig lots of ores. Those times I think were the best times!
In this era I started to play FOnline.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 01:25:52 pm »

They nerfed crafters lol  ;D To be honest... There was only one good crafting system and it was 2nd season system.

IMO crafting in all games, all seasons always suck, we work already enough to gain our life, I don't want to work when I am gaming.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 01:37:35 pm »

Best thing ever is that nerfing crafting just made new players go away, because :
- old player got their damn carpets in their bases and do not care
- afaik none of old players craft anything they need, but just farm, steal , kill.
so imo big fail.
h

Slick

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 01:38:00 pm »

2238 is serious business its a full time job.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

Ofc.

Only basic stuff craftable, basic armors craftable(from jackets to metal armor mk2), basic weapons craftable(sniper rifles, avangers, lsw's, gatlings(?) only farmable, sniper rifles in caves).

You could dig minerals/ore anywhere on map. There was no CD for that. You could dig as much as you could. The limit was your carry weight.

There was almost no CD for crafting. It was something between few seconds and few minutes  ;)

Simple and satisfactory.

I just remember lots of botting and players not visiting any other location except encounter maps, with pretty much no player to player interaction at all.

LeMark

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 01:49:26 pm »

I just remember lots of botting and players not visiting any other location except encounter maps, with pretty much no player to player interaction at all.

It was the Modoc session, I remember a lot of interaction during this one.

Remember the "Cajuns and VSB are there, town is safe", we meat the Hawk there to.

Uftak

• Wicked&Ugly
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 01:57:24 pm »

Eh, I lost hope that there'll b balance between melee and unarmed..
Well, gonna wait next session..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:58:56 pm by Uftak »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »

Wait wait... So one player each by one comming to the mine, giving some work on rocks then put them on brah, and then come to base is called "player interaction" buehahaha , no offense but this is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard on this forum since Xoen cow time.
h

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »

lol wut? I remember incomparably higher, than nowadays, amount of interactions anywhere I moved . Stuff easy to get, less worries about lost it. Even if i call interaction 5mm bullets exchange.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:14:05 pm by manero »
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

lol wut? I remember incomparably higher, than nowadays, amount of interactions anywhere I moved . Stuff easy to get, less worries about lost it. Even if i call interaction 5mm bullets exchange.

It was not because of some crafting mechanics, but because this game was new and more players were playing it.
Crafting now is OK, but timeout increase is not a good change.

Last season (Before 15. January Wipe), there was 2hours crafting timeout. Fine.
But there were no blueprints and materials was very easy to get. Players could easily make 5-10 alt crafting chars and make for example BA very easily in mass numbers (For gang purposes).
Now you need very hard (or lucky) to get blueprint for ca even for ma mk2 (Which is nearly better than ca and much easier to craft).

I think 1 hour timeout is just too short. 6-12 hours should be fine.
1 hour timeout just means more alts, more blueprints farm and even more autoclickers to just log in, craft and log out each hour.
Economy will not be ruined by 6-12 hours timeouts, same as it wasnt ruined because of unlimited crafting timeout.
Economy is ruined by those "enclave gatling farm and bos superstimpack stealing without karma loss feature", which SHOULD BE FIXED NOW, but no info in changelog. 
http://dev.fonline2238.net/trac.wsgi/ticket/42#comment:1
http://dev.fonline2238.net/trac.wsgi/ticket/31

Both labeled as fixed a few days ago, still no info in this update changelog.

Btw, another GREAT CHANGE, would be to make High quality alloys and High quality metal parts, craftable at standart (not advanced) workbench.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:46:04 pm by Hovinko »

LeMark

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »

True, what happens in Modoc in second session can't happens now, who will camp inside a town with stuff waiting be wiped by raider? Now is blue suite  madness and WM camping.
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »

Not a fan of the Crafting cooldown, at least with it combined with all the other crafting BS atm.  Haven't found a new Traveler yet to talk to them about their weapon profs, hope they didn't get broken along with the Brahmins which are sorta shittin like crazy and you can't shovel it anymore.  That was an oopsie? 

So did I read it right that we can no longer snipe weapons out of enemy hands?  Can we even cripple them?  Or was it only the Supermutants in the Gunrunner encounters?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.