"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 02:46:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: List of Avaliable faction's name  (Read 7271 times)

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
List of Avaliable faction's name
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »

Can we suggest names for factions to be added in the next wipe??
Re: List of Avaliable faction's name
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:46:52 pm »

Why was it changed to this system anway? It's stupid..
Just let us type in our own name like before?

Sir Hubert

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

yes I agree will be no more post on forum with problems like : Problem with faction name or cant buy a base... 99% of this problems are that faction name list isnt updated every time when someonebuy a base and take a name so peoples takeing names already taken before and they dont knew it.. Lte players make their own names !!!
Mistrz Dark Angel:

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:03 pm »

I don't want to see "Best Motherf***ing Pr0 Mastah Killah on w4st3s suck my **** n00bz!!1! are taking Modoc" on my screen. Such answer was posted many times, why we go back to this?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32:21 pm »

Why was it changed to this system anway? It's stupid..
Just let us type in our own name like before?

It has never been like this.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sir Hubert

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:02:01 pm »

but wipe soon good names after wipe will be taken and left only stupid names like i see now what you posted : Two-headed bears wtf is that lol ?:D Or better after 2-3 months will be generic name 1 generc name 2 so is good? so maybe base 1 base 2 base 3 and its same ...
Mistrz Dark Angel:

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »

Buying base and creating gang should be cut in 2. One gang could have 4 bases but with current system its pain in the ass to keep things organized.
Simply create gang (could be done at northern towns that could be guarded by player driven factions). You get to town chief like Mo in Moddoc and tell him about you and he asks you how are you called or something and you type it in. There have to be some fee for gang creation to prevent trolling but we can't pay 15 000(?) caps just for telling people our faction name so that fee could be for some usable info in return. Or maybe each town chief will offer slightly different things to buy (since you are new gang to him) and you will simply choose what to buy from him. Faction created. When you want to buy a base it would be pretty much the same just without that faction name part.

Only problem is in faction management. So i think to do so you will have to buy gang+get base in order to access your own terminal. And in terminal you would have option to bind this terminal with your faction that will be done through request-accept/deny by gang leader and base owner.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 11:11:07 pm »

I don't want to see "Best Motherf***ing Pr0 Mastah Killah on w4st3s suck my **** n00bz!!1! are taking Modoc" on my screen. Such answer was posted many times, why we go back to this?

In most games you can name your own clans/guilds etc and that's hardly a problem.. lol
you can make rules for how the names can be constructed, only letters and numbers etc... So what if someone names their gang r0lfzor mctorz0 the majority probably won't.. players choice..

It has never been like this.

Time to change it then?
Buying base and creating gang should be cut in 2. One gang could have 4 bases but with current system its pain in the ass to keep things organized.
Simply create gang (could be done at northern towns that could be guarded by player driven factions). You get to town chief like Mo in Moddoc and tell him about you and he asks you how are you called or something and you type it in. There have to be some fee for gang creation to prevent trolling but we can't pay 15 000(?) caps just for telling people our faction name so that fee could be for some usable info in return. Or maybe each town chief will offer slightly different things to buy (since you are new gang to him) and you will simply choose what to buy from him. Faction created. When you want to buy a base it would be pretty much the same just without that faction name part.

Only problem is in faction management. So i think to do so you will have to buy gang+get base in order to access your own terminal. And in terminal you would have option to bind this terminal with your faction that will be done through request-accept/deny by gang leader and base owner.

Sounds alot better than the current system. Creation of gang could be done in pipboy tho and still cost caps.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:09 pm »

Well creation itself should take place in some dialogue with npc, but gang management should be moved from terminal into pipboy. I've suggested that loooong time ago and I think Lexx told me that it will not be so easy to execute. Anyway current terminal system is pain in the ass. Something more interactive than dialogue tree should replace it.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:49:07 pm »

Oh, how i long for the moment that "THE TUNNEL SNAKES" are added as a usable faction name in the game...
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NUGGET?

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »

So, will any GM asnwer my question? please?  :P

We will suggest first, then you (GMs or Devs) can agree or not.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:44:23 pm by _Youkai_ »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 07:39:59 pm »

but wipe soon good names after wipe will be taken and left only stupid names like i see now what you posted : Two-headed bears wtf is that lol ?:D Or better

So, two-headed bear.

-------------------------------------------------
So, will any GM asnwer my question? please?  :P

In my very own opinion, it's a no, at least for the moment. As we all know, devs are pretty busy with wipe stuff, then they'll get busy after wipe to get that stuff beter (3D etc.). Letting players able to decide of their own faction name would take some time. And - my own argument ;p - I think faction names are one of the best thing in 2238. I mean, it's really good that you only see some crazy names, properly written (The Five Points and not the five Ponit. There is like 500 names available, if you don't like one of them, well... bad luck ? =p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sir Hubert

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:10:58 pm »

Hi Izual :) This faction names what Wipe posted on forum is the names what will be after wipe to take?
Mistrz Dark Angel:

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:27:56 pm »

In theory, yes. You can also see them here :
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Player-driven_factions
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:28 pm »

B-but before players could suggest, if I remember well  :-\
And imo is not that big work like you said :3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.