"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 30, 2024, 03:38:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: List of Avaliable faction's name  (Read 7113 times)

Re: List of Avaliable faction's name
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:53 pm »

Once again a stupid mechanic implemented by carebears. Who cares if someone names their faction nazi penis wranglers, you almost never see the faction names anyways. It just makes getting a faction bases that much more dangerous because you have to risk taking a massive amount of caps into sometimes unguarded towns and then play a guessing game with the vendor, which usually ends up with you picking a shitty name no one else wanted.

JovankaB

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 10:44:57 pm »

stupid mechanic implemented by carebears

It just makes getting a faction bases that much more dangerous because you have to risk taking a massive amount of caps

And who is a "carebear" here?  ::)
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 04:10:04 pm »

And who is a "carebear" here?  ::)

The people who are so afraid of seeing something offensive they fuck up the game mechanics :P

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 07:06:45 pm »

Those people are the ones who make this game and I'm positive if they were able to do it easily no bullshit names would be allowed either as they want to keep the game falloutish even after adding multiplayer to it.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 07:11:49 pm »

Calling someone a carebear and wanting to use names like nazi penis wrangler are both pretty immature.Im glad at least the names can be regulated.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »

1. No one ever sees your faction name unless you take a town, only the major gangs ever do this.

2. "Regulation" = a complete fuck up when you go to buy your base. Enjoy getting pked and robbed while typing in 50 names hoping one will work (or as happened recently, none were available so no one could buy a base).

3. Just because the devs implemented something doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 08:53:05 pm »

Never have I died while picking a faction name.Even before they changed the rules which forced you to have a party of three to buy a base.I sweated through the process of choosing a name alone in redding as a solo player with 70k worth of hard earned caps and loved every second of it.One of the appeals of this game for me is the ever present danger of being killed and robbed.This game is not meant to be played by children and as such childish behavior like calling yourself or your gang the penis wranglers should not be tolerated.Tell me how it adds anything positive to the game and Ill be glad to agree with You.You can always buy your base in Junktown if your really worried about safety and your precious pixelated caps.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 09:00:02 pm »

The only bases worth having are in klamath, and to be honest I don't give two shits what my faction or any other is called. The convenience of showing up, naming yourself something you actually want and then leaving far outweighs and gains of suppressing stupid faction names. It's not like they care what you call your char and you can have that name in the stats section of everyone's char.

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:03 pm »

What about:
List of Avaible character's name?

-Billy
-Willy
-Dilly
-John Smith
-Mary Jane

Wtf? Total server online 5? Damn, sorry, no more names, try to register later.

Yes, you can't call your faction "****ers" or "Acolytes of *****s" or something like that, but you can name your character so, and, btw everyone will see his name (usually in red color, because adequates never call thier characters so...). So why can't you name your faction as you want? Just put some filters on EXACT bad words, so they can type ***.* or something like that, but who cares, if every player of this faction have almost the same names, and it's not restricted? You can right now register character with really-really bad word and what? GMs will ban you? No... because it'll alreay taken by someone, so you'll need to find other bad word.
Give people freedom in faction names.

Edit:
If people want to call themselves unadequate, then they're so.
Look at Battle.net Warcrafts clans, you can name your clan as you wish, and? You see there stupid silly names? No. Because what idiot want to name his clan so.
Most players will call themselves with normal faction names.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:26:06 pm by RavenousRat »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 09:33:10 pm »

Normal - yes. Falloutish, fun - I doubt so.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:41 pm »

Normal - yes. Falloutish, fun - I doubt so.
Do we have falloutish nicknames?
A: -Hello wastelander! What's your name?
B: -KillAll2000!
A: -Nice to meet you KillAll2000! And what's your followers names?
C: -I'm I_HATE_FALLOUT
D: -And I'm SmallGunCrafter. Btw, also I'm KillAll2000 at the same time!
A: -Hmm, sorry man, I'll report to GM for dual loging! See you wastelanders!

Also, at http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=1623.0 (Available faction names) topic not all names are falloutish and fun. And btw, I think alot players will TRY to take falloutish names, except for players like "I don't know what is Fallout, I don't see any other reason to play this game, except for PvP! And I don't know why I don't want to play Counter-Strike or Quake."

Arminius

• Rat Shaman
    • arminius1453's Channel
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 10:18:31 pm »

Some people use the word "carebear" a lot and for everything, so much that it lost its original meaning and is now just a default insult.

In my very own opinion, it's a no, at least for the moment. As we all know, devs are pretty busy with wipe stuff, then they'll get busy after wipe to get that stuff beter (3D etc.). Letting players able to decide of their own faction name would take some time. And - my own argument ;p - I think faction names are one of the best thing in 2238. I mean, it's really good that you only see some crazy names, properly written (The Five Points and not the five Ponit. There is like 500 names available, if you don't like one of them, well... bad luck ? =p
Well surely that is a temporary measure? I myself don't want players choosing whatever gibberish they fancy, but picking up a faction name wouldn't be enough in the long run, sometimes there's a whole story behind the faction that can't be translated by the available names. While there are tons players who just want a funny reference in the name to giggle to themselves, there are plenty of players who simply can't find any of the names like what they are. To avoid this, perhaps faction names could be submitted for approval through an official mechanism in the game to a GM. That way the GM can make sure the name is coherent and can work within the Fallout Universe. Mostly he would just check the name for typos and unnecessary use of numbers and special characters. Not much against bad words myself, as long as they fit into the story of Fallout.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 04:15:04 pm »

Maybe, Devs could put the avaliable names as an options to choose when talking with the npc. Is annoying typing all the names hoping that none soul appears.

Something like:

• Scorp gang
• Rat Gang
• Ant gang
• Next names
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:17:13 pm by _Youkai_ »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 04:19:47 pm »

It's quite the same thing, but the actual system is easier since you got the full (and updated) list on the wiki, so you need less time to speak with the NPC.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:20:48 pm »

It's quite the same thing, but the actual system is easier since you got the full (and updated) list on the wiki, so you need less time to speak with the NPC.

still a lot of alt tabbing and copy pasting for a time when you have to be on full alert for pkers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 25 queries.