"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 03:22:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Changelog 28/06/2012  (Read 51932 times)

Re: Changelog 28/06/2012
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2012, 08:06:20 pm »

Hmm. My stand on this was always the same, if you can't hold and defend the town on your own, then maybe you don't deserve to control it. The idea was that the players are the guards. Let's try again.

jacky.

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2012, 08:07:36 pm »

Sure camp with 600hp milita....pfff show skill or buy 100mercs :)
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2012, 08:08:09 pm »

removeing millita all together will destroy projects like tsar,ttla,bhh ones leave some. we like are projects and frankly solo  tttla,bhh and tsar even with full members cant beat all the constant attacks on are projects without millita. leave 10 and atleast give northern town projects a chance. or we are going to need to make this game even more boring and place mercs all over which defeats the whole point of removeing millita.

Indeed, militia was of great help for anyone making some projects up north. Maybe it does need to be nerfed, but not completely removed.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:43 pm »

Hmm. My stand on this was always the same, if you can't hold and defend the town on your own, then maybe you don't deserve to control it. The idea was that the players are the guards. Let's try again.
you must have never afked in a town. you must just take a town and go. try to run a rp project based on what you say. you will fail. all i ask it that rp factions have a minor chance to defend themselfs. you can kill 20 millita in under 3 min i dont see 10 as even a minor problem. 10 will just help rp factions against minor attacks and provide cover fire for a little bit in big fights. all i ask is give rp factions a chance this way we get rp and when you want some pvp you come to are rp and come fight like it was last era.
Roaming the waste again.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:25 pm »

if you can't hold and defend the town on your own, then maybe you don't deserve to control it.
Amen to that.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

I tend to agree with this.  Additionally, the ability to immediately evacuate to the WM after the timer ended was ridiculous, which is why we would see a single team TC in 3 or more towns in a night, just raking in the TC loot.

I might be wrong here, but I always thought that after the timer, if you didn't keep at least 5 people on the map you should lose control of the town.  It took 5 to TAKE the town, why not to keep it?  That just makes sense to me personally.  It might be a bad idea, but I don't have a better one.

;D
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:25 pm »

I can garantee anyone that we will have more pvp in towns with militia, cause there will be more chance that players risk staying in town, otherwise it will just be deserted most of the time, and only used as a battlefield occasionaly.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »

I can garantee anyone that we will have more pve in towns with militia

fixed.

You are wrong and its a very annoying part of town capture.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

avv

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

But the thing is, these projects falloutdude speaks about are made out of pure goodwill. They provide interaction unlik any other, but are incredibly vulnerable due to the fact they aren't playing like ape factions. As you know ape faction has 24/7 war face on and kills everything that isn't a friend just in case.

You talk about controlling while the ape-faction way to control is to leave the town empty. How can you control the town if you have no members inside?

Maybe we can start by removing militia or harshly nerfing it and then fabricate something optional on top of the pvp-aspect.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2012, 08:48:26 pm »

you must have never afked in a town

I have, in matter of fact quite a lot, i was always able to defend myself and most of the times nobody bothered to attack me at all ( talking rarely is an option anyway ), as well it got real boring fast. Why do you need to afk in a town anyway?

Now think how is that possible, i have some friends, and i usually play with a character that can defend himself.

You talk about controlling while the ape-faction way to control is to leave the town empty. How can you control the town if you have no members inside?

How can anyone else control the town, if nobody else is in town? Someone else must come, reclaim the leadership of the town and convince the locals they are fit to do that. Use your imagination, the locals are loyal until someone else shows up.

But the thing is, these projects falloutdude speaks about are made out of pure goodwill. They provide interaction unlik any other, but are incredibly vulnerable due to the fact they aren't playing like ape factions. As you know ape faction has 24/7 war face on and kills everything that isn't a friend just in case.

I think players need to adapt to that, but seriously. Do something about it. Relying on 20 npc's that will do the job for you, is no solution at all.

Apes don't socialize, it's their choice, how they want to play the game and not how someone thinks it has to be played.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:50:04 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2012, 08:51:30 pm »

Yeh just remove it. If someone wants NPC wars, make sure he has to afford it.

Well, if they also do something about pure troll builds (remove grenades from SD effect, revert last changes to SD, make HH knockdown only 50% of the time or so, bring back AC cap) and fix criticals hits broken in the last update, it might become quite playable.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »

triple you must have done this afk in this era when no one goes in towns. try it when population is high and see how many times you die.
all am asking is for you to respect rp way of playing with some millita and we will respect yours by giveing you pvp action with are rp. its a win win for both sides.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

I have nothing against RP, but what is RP with militia? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense.

Hmm. I have a question for you, let's say SoT does a RP project(imagine it might be a succesful one, even if not for the SoT members themselves). Do you think we couldn't do it without militia?
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »

Yes, I think you couldn't do it without militia.
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

Well then, i disagree. Someone wants to troll the project, troll back. War? Fight back. I remember this time when afk'ing in BH this session with my taxi/looter, there was some sneak that was killing me all the time, i logged onto my sneaker, beat the crap out of him few times and surprisingly he didn't come back. Fun for both right?

Hmm, though with the fast relogs, dump millions of alts over WM.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:07:13 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 26 queries.