"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:37:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help with Deathclaw character.  (Read 3542 times)

Help with Deathclaw character.
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:07:05 am »

Build is done and everyone is pissing at each other.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:26:54 pm by Graf »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Help with Deathclaw character.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:15:57 am »

Heh, we (couple of GMs and selected players) used to randomly roam the wastes and Roleplay with some people with our deathclaw characters.
I am not a number cruncher myself and I can't tell you that this build is good, let alone be a good deathclaw, but putting lots of points into agility and strength/luck seems to be allright. :)

The intelligence seems to be a bit too high for ye average deatchlaw though.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:30 am »

Heh, we (couple of GMs and selected players) used to randomly roam the wastes and Roleplay with some people with our deathclaw characters.
I am not a number cruncher myself and I can't tell you that this build is good, let alone be a good deathclaw, but putting lots of points into agility and strength/luck seems to be allright. :)

The intelligence seems to be a bit too high for ye average deatchlaw though.

I can't have realistic skill and outdoorsman of a deathclaw without high intelligence.

I could forget about FA and drop intelligence to 4 or 5 though...

Plus it's impossible to even be near of what a real deathclaw would be like with human build, I just want to get as close as possible while being effective enough so I don't get bored before even levelling the char.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:29:22 am by Brujah »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:31:41 am »

Or you could drop the Outdoorsman to 150 or lower. 150 is fine for avoiding encounters, certainly good enough for a stupid deathclaw (yes yes, I know deathclaws can be smart).

Also, the 5 LK seems kinda random. Your build seems to be critical based, so you should probably try to get that up. Sacrifice a point or two in IN.

If I'm going to be more picky, the 3 PE seems odd, too. I'm not sure if you want the PE just to be like a deathclaw, but really, an HtH build doesn't need any.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:34:01 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:36:19 am »

I made one that might be a little help for a deathclaw, if your not looking for Crits,

SPECIAL
St 10 (6 without bruiser)
Pe 9
En 10
Ch 1
In 3
Ag 10
Lk 1
Traits:
Heavy Handed
Bruiser
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:08 am »

well, when I fight deathclaws in caves or in the desert, they have high AC (armor class)

It well make other players and enemys harder to hit you, or lose % to hit you

SPECIAL
St 10 (6 without bruiser)
Pe 9
En 10
Ch 1
I don't think 9 PE is necessary unless you play in TB so your sequence is higher
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:34 am »

How about this:

ST: 10
PE: 5
EN: 10
CH: 1
INT: 4
AG: 9
LK: 5

Same perks and traits as last build.

I know HtH builds are supposed to have low PE but this isn't meant to be a human character, plus I don't want this deathclaw to be a total moron so INT can't drop lower than 4, LK 5 doesn't seem like such a big deal with all the crit perks for HtH but again... I never made a HtH.

...certainly good enough for a stupid deathclaw (yes yes, I know deathclaws can be smart).

GGRRrrrr...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:16:15 am by Brujah »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 06:32:28 am »

5 luck really needed? maybe 1 lk and more into Intelligence
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:47 am »

5 luck really needed? maybe 1 lk and more into Intelligence

4 INT gave me all I needed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 06:36:32 am »

4 INT gave me all I needed.
geeez, all my chars have at least 7 Intelligence
lowest EVER was 5
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:25 am »

I wouldn't waste more than 100 on outdoor, deathclaws aren't that intelligent 2 is a more realistic amount for a hth build, especially a crit based one. Get that luck up to 10, you can take from pe.

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

One of the common pitfalls for roleplay characters in 2238 is trying to make SPECIAL realistic, especially things like IN or CH. IMHO you shouldn't care how the SPECIAL digits look like. Nobody will see them anyway. You should be more worried what your character will be able to do in game. Make your build in a way that will let you do things that your character should be able to do. You can roleplay an idiot even if the character has 10 INT, there is no problem with that. Let's say - an idiot that has incredible luck in opening locks. How otherwise would you make such character?

So if it will make you more dangerous in unarmed then sure, but there is no point lowering IN except for this reason.

Even with 10 ST/EN you will be still pretty pathetic for a deathclaw though.
Maybe you should ask for baby deathclaw skin instead :P or name it something like "old deathclaw".
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:27:57 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »

One of the common pitfalls for roleplay characters in 2238 is trying to make SPECIAL realistic, especially things like IN or CH. IMHO you shouldn't care how the SPECIAL digits look like. Nobody will see them anyway. You should be more worried what your character will be able to do in game. Make your build in a way that will let you do things that your character should be able to do. You can roleplay an idiot even if the character has 10 INT, there is no problem with that. Let's say - an idiot that has incredible luck in opening locks. How otherwise would you make such character?

So if it will make you more dangerous in unarmed then sure, but there is no point lowering IN except for this reason.

Even with 10 ST/EN you will be still pretty pathetic for a deathclaw though.
Maybe you should ask for baby deathclaw skin instead :P or name it something like "old deathclaw".

Hmm... Maybe try to get baby deathclaw skin early in the game and then only try to change to adult deathclaw once I reach level 24 then?

A deathclaw with 85 HP would be weird, but a baby deathclaw with 200 hp would be even stranger.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:25:03 pm »

Make then a Golden Gecko build like me lol.
h
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »

Make then a Golden Gecko build like me lol.

That would be like being the red ranger instead of the white ranger.

It's lame...  :P
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.