"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:16:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sumarise of PvP  (Read 1294 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Sumarise of PvP
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:54:01 am »

This will be my last suggestion until wipe, i promise.

Third era is near the end and i want to summarise the fights from view of pvp player with 10 perception :))

I will try to compare the fights in 2 eras, 2nd and third.

*Price of weapons, armors,..

If i wrote up *price, i dont mean the price in caps, i meam time which you must spent do get ready PvP combat equipment. I think that in 2nd era, there were much more opportunities (no karma in ecnounters), where you can get this kind of stuff and you needed less time to get in. Because of this, more PvP fights were there (dont compare last days of playing before 3rh wipe, all storages must be use :) ).

But on other way, you are now able to craft all kind of stuff what you need to fight.

Lenght of fights

Before wipe, if you died, you were able to use doctor skill, FA and because of you respawned on closest respawn point, you were ready to fight again soon. Because of this, the fights were longe.

Now, if you die, you are unable to join the fight for at least 10 minutes, because of weak, then FA, long travel from random respawn. But here is much more chance you will not join the fight because of encounters. Players wait to each other, long time regouping over the cities and there are not anymore kind of fights, when 2-3 players are waiting  inside and waiting for teamates.

Because of this, people are afraid to die in fights with their equip. So they are not only joining the gangs, but gangs are making bigger aliances. Yes, bigger alliances fights are the major difference between second and third era. If you think that reasons are different, post it.

So devs, if you want to change this alliances fights (and i tell you, that fights only between gangs were more funny), do something with reasons i wrote it up.

Second thing is, that many nongang players dont want to join pvp because they are afräid of loosing their stuff, because their *price of their stuff is higher, than for gang fighters. And they will die in 5 seconds, when they meet bigguner with minigun.
------------

Decision what to do with PvP is on you, devs. My only little suggest is to respawn dead body atl east in the north or south half of the map, so you will not have to travel all the map, because you stil have weak time (almost unhealable weak and long time trip is double measure and it is not neccesary i think).
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Sumarise of PvP
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

Anything that makes people afraid of dying is good here! Where is the point or logic in fighting when the only factor deciding who wins or loses is who has more equipment in base nearby?
<Izual> Let's crash server

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:33:46 pm »

But it also supports massive alliance fights instead of small random group fights. And when player controlled alliance is big enough so it can be compared with BoS, NCR or Enclave, then there is something wrong.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »

There are even gangs one can compare ( from the technical side, items etc.) with BoS etc.
Imo it's ridicolous, that so many energy guns and high tech equipment are craftable.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:56:07 pm »

There are even gangs one can compare ( from the technical side, items etc.) with BoS etc.
Imo it's ridicolous, that so many energy guns and high tech equipment are craftable.

Why ridiculous? We don't have PA because it's really too high tech, but why a player faction couldn't be a big force in the wasteland? IMO, it's normal that some big players teams grow up and compare to the faction like BoS.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:03:07 pm »

Because it fucks with the whole fallout canon?

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:44:40 pm »

No gang should be able to compare with BoS or Enclave. No rag-tag brigade will be a threat to 200 year old military organisations.

When it comes to making high-tec items - I'm not against crafting them by players, but I'm against crafting them from scraps. Like now, when you can go and hit some rocks for a few hours and then make Brotherhood Combat Armor out of it. I would be pissed about this if it weren't a beta and I wouln't be sure it will be changed about 100 times in the future.

avv

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »

Anything that makes people afraid of dying is good here! Where is the point or logic in fighting when the only factor deciding who wins or loses is who has more equipment in base nearby?

Indeed. People should join gangs because they don't want to die, not because they don't want to lose their stuff.

When it comes to making high-tec items - I'm not against crafting them by players, but I'm against crafting them from scraps. Like now, when you can go and hit some rocks for a few hours and then make Brotherhood Combat Armor out of it. I would be pissed about this if it weren't a beta and I wouln't be sure it will be changed about 100 times in the future.

It's amazing what you can create from junk. Inmates have made firearms while imprisoned, gunsmiths in pakistan are hand-crafting guns with simple tools.
Making high tier equipment from simple materials is because we don't have higher tier materials yet. Big ammount of low tier mats just serve as few high tier materials.
But I too would like to see people packing more simple equipment like smgs, shotguns and pistols rather than miniguns and plasma rifles. One reason for that is because big guns and energy weapons are separate groups rather than one skill called "firearms".
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 09:10:18 pm »

I agree with the author of this thread
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 22 queries.