"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 09:19:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Make armors provide bonus protection against steal  (Read 3341 times)

Re: Make armors provide bonus protection against steal
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:47 pm »

"i m laughing each time i steal 1k ammo"
                                                            - quote from old and awesome thief, he prefer to stay unknown

"thievery and be member of bos is main thing which make my gaming expierence awesome, i m laughing histericaly each 2 min per few hours"
                                                           - quote from thief granmaster, or thief grandpa, he want to keep his name in
                                                             secret

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »

you rage becouse you didnt create yourself a thief yet.... please stop.
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »

i only saw *i ll quit game if yoo nefr thieves"

and other...

actually im not raging. :)

nefring thiefes and weapon gonna be great feature.

also vote for instant death in fonline !

Let the Force be with You.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:11 am »

nefring thiefes and weapon gonna be great feature.
Why?

also vote for instant death in fonline !
Yet another reason to keep making another and another alts.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 01:51:12 pm »

How about using items with bonus to steal. That way, thief would have something to loose, in exchange for better chance, or in case of enclave at least some chance to be succesful.
It sounds nice but it does not work well. The bad thing is how skills work. So that when item boosts the skill, it'll usually become obsolete if you just put more points in there. If not, it'll usually make you go full 300 which is not really healthy either.
To be honest, stealing will never be even remotely fair if it gives you access to inventory of living unit. It's just as fair as looting before you even kill.

I can imagine it could however work if stealth was yet again reworked, so that detecting stealth would be actually a lot more about positioning and less about number comparison. And those guys would of course randomly look around as well as be walking around and not just all standing there and staring into nothing.

Of course guys who are not hostile by default, should not have their inventories filled with goodies.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »

It sounds nice but it does not work well. The bad thing is how skills work. So that when item boosts the skill, it'll usually become obsolete if you just put more points in there. If not, it'll usually make you go full 300 which is not really healthy either.

1) It will not become obsolete, because you can benefit from the item even with 300% Steal. Because you will need for example 375% Steal to have 75% chance to rob an NCR Ranger.

2) Items could add something else, than plain skill or chance %. I can imagine a jacket or robe, that works like one of Thiefs support perks. With this item equipped, your steal CD halves.

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

Stealing requires players to be standing still, already incredibly easy to avoid losing items.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »

1) It will not become obsolete, because you can benefit from the item even with 300% Steal. Because you will need for example 375% Steal to have 75% chance to rob an NCR Ranger.

2) Items could add something else, than plain skill or chance %. I can imagine a jacket or robe, that works like one of Thiefs support perks. With this item equipped, your steal CD halves.
1) which is the other problem I mentioned - that you'd then need to go 300% to do anything, which is still wrong
2) And meaning you'll no longer have to use them, because they'll be there just for your convenience.

A little more complicated system could use those items you wear to increase the amount of items you can steal in one go, starting on very zero. Because you're right, if you had a wear with pockets you can hide your loot, otherwise it'd be a bit silly to walk around with stolen stuff and pretend to be innocent, right?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 06:39:38 pm »

A little more complicated system could use those items you wear to increase the amount of items you can steal in one go, starting on very zero. Because you're right, if you had a wear with pockets you can hide your loot, otherwise it'd be a bit silly to walk around with stolen stuff and pretend to be innocent, right?

It does not need to be complicated. If you attempt to steal without wearing any armor/clothes you get 5 minute CD. If you wear something, CD is as usual 30 seconds.

This will encourage the use of Robes, Jackets, LA mostly, because other are not that easy to get. And thief has something to loose, without beeing limited to low-quality targets.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 2.308 seconds with 25 queries.