"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:27:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Make armors provide bonus protection against steal  (Read 3335 times)

JovankaB

Make armors provide bonus protection against steal
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:25:48 am »

The way steal works sucks and I hope everyone realizes that. The only protection you have against it is moving away, this requires out-of-character jumping away like monkey every-time someone touches you. What I propose is to add a passive protection that would NOT BE FREE and probably would be quite easy to implement, because it's just armor check and applying malus in steal function.

All armors would provide anti-steal bonuses done after all calculation. The better armor the bigger malus to steal.

APA, PA:  -95%
Power armors practically can't be penetrated by the hands of a thief.

BAs, CAs... -90%
Pockets of this military equipment are designed to be easily accessed by the owner and NOBODY else.

MAs, TAs... -60%
Metal plates are not an easy task for a thief.

LAs.. -30%
Sturdy leather and buttons protect your pockets.

LJ, CLJ... -15%
Old leather jackets with broken zippers and a few holes don't provide much protection, still they are better than average clothes.

ROBES... -5%
It's difficult to feel the fingers of a thief with that much material on you.

Bluesuits, normal clothes... -0%
Normal wasteland clothes with many holes and missing buttons make you an easy prey for thieves.

The malus to stealing could be multiplied by the armor condition, so with completely destroyed amors
it would not work. This would give people more incentive to walk in amors in guarded towns.

This should also work for NPCs. PA/APA -95% would solve extremely stupid and lame BoS stealing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:06:07 pm by JovankaB »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: Make armors provide bonus protection against steal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:39:38 am »

actually a good idea
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:10:31 am »

I dont get it how PA give anti steal bonus :D ofc they have everything under armor!
But after that steal will be only troll purpose, its too big nerf

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:12 am »

I dont get it how PA give anti steal bonus :D ofc they have everything under armor!

It is a simplification for the sake of better and more logical gameplay. Logical in game terms,
not physical world terms - better, more expensive armors provide better protection.
It's as simple as that. Players would have more incentive to wear them in towns too.

You defend unrealistic feature with argument that changing it would not be 100% realistic. Why should
the malus be so realistic if whole stealing isn't? I hope you can see there is a flaw in your argument.

If you say steal will be only for trolls purpose, then I presume you steal 5mm and SS from BoS
so you can PvP comfortably. I would say there should be other ways to aquire ammo for PvP,
not making a munchkin thief character farming ammunition from its own NPC faction.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:08:07 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:02 pm »

I accept this idea, but before that give us ability to get those ss, ammo easy too, not only to get it by crafting (maybe caravans back?), because as you know crafting in big quanities suck (most for drugs, ammo is easier to get, but still).
If one problem will be solved , thus this should be implemented with it.
h
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:19 pm »

You defend unrealistic feature with argument that changing it would not be 100% realistic. Why should
the malus be so realistic if whole stealing isn't?

I just imagine implied backpacks, otherwise realism goes out the window anyway, as long as people sprint through the wasteland all day with 180kg in their pockets.

Not sure about numbers or some of the finer details, but generally like the idea.

The malus to stealing could be multiplied by the armor condition, so with completely destroyed amors
it would not work.
Important part imo.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:24:26 pm »

I like the idea for reasons of wearing armors.

Now, however, thieves should be able to counter this malus with a knife in active slot, aka. cutting your pockets. (they do it IRL with sharpened coin). In game, however, if you see a player with a knife, you can see that hes up with no good.

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:46 pm »

I just imagine implied backpacks

Not only backbacks, bigger items could be on ground near the character and simply dragged when character
moves or in some box or a suitcase that's always near the character, not necessarily held by it all the time.
You could assume stealing is snatching the item when the character looks away.
My suggestion kind of contradicts this assumption but I still think it's better than what is now.

Also, I think it's usually easier to steal something from a hobo than from a soldier in a shiny armor,
and this proposition could reflect that :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:39:26 pm by JovankaB »

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »

I prefer something what will improve game :) like repair sd, tree control etc etc :D but back to topic
apa -95% is srsly high its impossible to steal from them cause steal cap on 95%? I think -50% its much better and it give chance to thief

btw i dont steal :P tree control box give shitload of ammo :)
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »

if you disble stealing from encaleve/bos i will end playing this game.

unless ofcourse farming through fight become profitable
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »

If I knew there were 10 other ways of fast stuff obtaining for pvp purposes, I would say YEsssS!!! Sadly and let's face it, at the moment we have only BoS and Enclave stealing. Anything else is just too boring and slow for competitive PvP (where you lose expensive stuff quite often). Nerf it and those who have stolen a lot would have a huge advantage over new players.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:45 pm »

if you disble stealing from encaleve/bos i will end playing this game.

unless ofcourse farming through fight become profitable
Caravans back, with more ammo& supplies, and this will have a chance, and any sense.
h
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »

It should be reversed, the more heavy shit you are wearing the easier it would be to steal from you. Not to mention people stealing is more a minor annoyance than anything, I think in the 2 and a half years ive played this game I've had pickpockets steal less than 500 caps worth of stuff. Thieves are only good for farming ammo and harassing people in ncr, this suggestion will make steal totally useless. You might as well just ask for the whole mechanic to be removed.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

It's pretty weird. But this is not a new topic, just new idea.
If something should work, it'd be increasing requirements for the thief. When players create something from nothing, it usually have some limits, like when you mine you deplete stuff, and it actually matters when you die with it. When you pickpocket ammo from NPCs you just stuff it in your car, and they will not stop appearing. You can die, and if you were visiting your car/tent often, you just lose few stacks of ammo.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:33 am »

How about using items with bonus to steal. That way, thief would have something to loose, in exchange for better chance, or in case of enclave at least some chance to be succesful.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 28 queries.