"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:57:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: concept/idea a blueprint hunters guild input wanted  (Read 1862 times)

concept/idea a blueprint hunters guild input wanted
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:50:34 am »

hey all had a idea how about a Blueprint hunters guild. (not a faction)
I would really like for you guys to help me shape it to a good  idea or trash it if it isnt any good

200 caps or free to join

rules:
do not kill other bp hunters when encountered especially members.
dont steal chest if its their encounter.
help out trap downed bp hunters
do not store bp in bp hunters base

Benefits:
edit: members get acces to all known bp hunting tips posted on forum without haveing to search.
members get free acces to a base near a bp hunting ground
members get acces to items in base (leather armor found and left for free and other usefull but cheap items)
(i may even add free ammo to the base)
members can trade bp for the ones they dont have in base.
get your ingame name listed. this will reduce the chance you get killed by another bp hunter
hostile bp hunters can be blacklisted if you have screenschot.

input wanted...thx in advance
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:58:31 am by MRtrader »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: concept/idea a blueprint hunters guild input wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:10:47 pm »

Looks ok , this might work
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

Looks decent, maybe use faction radio to send distress signals if one finds a footlocker they can't open?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »

Looks decent, maybe use faction radio to send distress signals if one finds a footlocker they can't open?
hmmm thats a good idea thx for input. any more is welcome..

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:49 pm »

Pretty good ideas, IMO.

Hunting in teams seems to work well, also.  If anything, this would be nice just to be able to get together with another player and hunt them to kill the monotony.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »

If anything, this would be nice just to be able to get together with another player and hunt them to kill the monotony.
thanks but who is them?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:03 pm »

hmmm thats a good idea thx for input. any more is welcome..

Yeah, I always run into footlockers when I'm using an alt with no lockpick skill  :P so it'd probably be a good idea to train & recruit scouts from players farming junk to build bases.

Maybe set up a finder's fee kind of reward system, like if a player finds three lockers with blueprints for the guild (the guild would give them one of the blueprints).
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »

Maybe set up a finder's fee kind of reward system, like if a player finds three lockers with blueprints for the guild (the guild would give them one of the blueprints).
could you clarify a littlle i dont understand do you mean give 3 recieve 1 that can be chosen out of pool of bp guild?
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:10 am »

could you clarify a littlle i dont understand do you mean give 3 recieve 1 that can be chosen out of pool of bp guild?

Okay, I figured out a way to do it. Let's start out with a player called Lockpicker Bob (LB). LB isn't finding enough blueprint encounters so he wants to make use of encounters found by other players (referrals). By donating one blueprint to the guild pool, Bob can buy himself three locker referrals made by scouts on the world map.

Okay, now let's introduce another character: Scouter Sue. Sue finds a footlocker near New Reno and sends out a distress call. Bob responds and heads to the encounter to lockpick. Either he finds a blueprint or not, in either case he lets Sue examine the locker after he's emptied it and lets Sue look at his inventory via a trade window.

The deal is if Bob finds a BP successfully he uses up one of his locker referrals; however if he does not find a BP he does not use up a referral.

Now let's have a look at Sue's end of things. Say later on she finds three footlockers that are positively identified to contain blueprints. At that time she would be entitled to a blueprint previously submitted to the guild's pool. Note that it doesn't matter who exactly receives the three BPs that Sue found the lockers for, as long as they're all part of the Guild and have paid their locker referrals the system will always have BPs to pay out as finder's fees.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 05:34:17 am »

thanks but who is them?

Them = footlockers.

I meant it's more fun to hunt for footlockers in a team than it is solo, it's less boring.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

Great ideas, but in practice would never work.  Greed and backstabbery are powerful motivating forces.  You think is sue scout finda a bp then bobie wan kenobi lockpicks it and finda say a ca bp that he's going to give it to sue?  I find this a very difficult concept to believe in, especially in 2238.  Good luck.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:15 am »

Great ideas, but in practice would never work.  Greed and backstabbery are powerful motivating forces.  You think is sue scout finda a bp then bobie wan kenobi lockpicks it and finda say a ca bp that he's going to give it to sue?  I find this a very difficult concept to believe in, especially in 2238.  Good luck.

That's why they would pony up the BP first, it could be a duplicate and not have anything to do with the quality of what they might find.

I could see some issues on the other end though--I haven't messed with the radio much, but what if Sue just distress calls an alt of her own to do the lockpicking? The system really depends on Sue being an up-and-coming and not well-established--namely because Bob is the one getting the better end of the deal (in order to encourage his investment of one BP).
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:12 am »

you are talking about giftless supplement idea here right?
or do you think the guild is a bad idea too?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

i want to become a member  ;) that s a nice idea it s very boring alone  :-X
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »

i want to become a member  ;) that s a nice idea it s very boring alone  :-X

hey that's great i'll pm you if things get setup
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.