"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:58:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Short Mining Guide  (Read 1968 times)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Short Mining Guide
« on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:25 am »

If u are newcomer for this game, u will find useful some advices about crafting or gathering resources. This thread will be about effective mining.

I will not solve questions about how to start playing 2238, but i will focus on mining.

Establishing your mining place

1.Build tent as close to mine as possible, so u can move between mine and tent without danger from encounter. This tent will be your stockpile for gathered resources, aswell produced materials.

2.Improve your fire pit with 3 woods to campfire. Now you are able to process gathered resources (Iron ore,Minerals) to materials with reduced weight (Metal parts,Gunpowder,Alloys)

Suggestions
1. For effective mining u will need to carry as much as possible. Choose your ST 10 if you are creating 1 alt only for mining/carrying.
2. If u r going to level up this alt take  EN 6 and IN 6 so u can pick Pack Rat and Strong Back perks to maximize your carry weight.
3. If u want to ensure you wont be followed by other players into your tent take CH 1.
4. When you are mass mining Iron Ore and Minerals try fill your inventory with only 1 type of these 2 resources so u can drop it at once in tent and run back to mine. For this u will need to know exact positions of rocks with wanted resources.

*I have created this plan of Gecko mine as my fovurite mine,u can find here exact postions of rocks with corresponding resources.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:08:22 pm by greenthumb »
Re: Short Mining Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:46 am »

great post will need it soon thx
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:25:09 am »

2. If u r going to level up this alt take  EN 6 and IN 6 so u can pick Pack Rat and Strong Back perks to maximize your carry weight.

hey is IN 6 nessecary?

greenthumb

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:10:14 pm »

I think yes IN 6 is necessary for Pack Rat
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:44:53 pm »

Another tip is to have 1 CH so people can't follow you to your tent.

greenthumb

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:05:54 pm »

well thanks for tip Jan. I add this in point 3.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:08:38 pm by greenthumb »
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

Just noticed the amounts on the pic. HQ stocks are 10 per pile on both ores and minerals.
I have no clue about the normal ores and minerals.
If they're equal to Klamath mine, normal minerals have 20 per pile, ores too I think but not sure on those.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:55 pm »

Better having a depot or a ranger tent.

So you will have a workbench, and a storage at the same position, near the entrance of the map.
Plus there are additionnal storage, so you can make big stocks before moving it to your main base.

For gecko, it is unsafe, but in guarded mines, you may send slaves to mine, aswell.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:04 am »

Better having a depot or a ranger tent.

So you will have a workbench, and a storage at the same position, near the entrance of the map.
Plus there are additionnal storage, so you can make big stocks before moving it to your main base.

For gecko, it is unsafe, but in guarded mines, you may send slaves to mine, aswell.

ranger tent has workbench? i thought only a campfire...
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:58:09 am »

ranger tent has workbench? i thought only a campfire...

Normal tents only have a campfire.
Ranger "tents" are shacks with a workbench, toolboard, small cabinet and a wooden chest.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.