"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:11:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Hub RPG - canceled  (Read 15991 times)

Re: Hub RPG - Work in Progress
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 02:46:06 pm »

Um... Can I ask why wont you start this project earlier? You know... summer is usually time when many players got whole days for playing. After summer there usually is much less time for games. And if you want to engage many people to Hub Project, they should spend there as much time as possible.
Just simple conclusion, that after summer there wont be as much players as during summer.

JovankaB

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2012, 06:02:43 pm »

Can I ask why wont you start this project earlier?

Because I don't have enough to time to prepare all details for summer and I'm not willing to work under any time pressure. There is no deadline set and it will start when it will be ready. After it will start GMs involved will do things for this project when they will have time, so don't expect that GM-based events will be going there all the time. Most activity will be probably on evenings, European time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:14:46 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 08:40:32 pm »

So as long as there wont be any GM online (or willing to play RP), Hub will be closed? Or what? It will be non-rp for this time? I don't get it.

JovankaB

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:10 pm »

So as long as there wont be any GM online (or willing to play RP), Hub will be closed? Or what? It will be non-rp for this time? I don't get it.

No it will be opened and rp all the time of course but any feature that will requite GM presence will be available when GMs involved in the project will be around. Also some GM-run events etc. What I mean, any GM-driven things can have a long time span and happen on several days in a week etc. I expect players to make the town interesting on their own too.
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

As long as there will be regular players in town, non roleplayers, there won't be RP, until GM presence.
I understand that you aren't a robot that can or want to handle this 24/7 but this way you should wrote just can't do that. If a GM occurs there for 2-3 days in week for few hours daily, it's fine - but for rest of the time there will be big pile of shit created by non-roleplayers. Sad but true.
And unfortunately, I don't see any solution to that else than at least one GM online 24/7. But maybe you see other way; tell me then, I am really curious.

JovankaB

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:35 am »

My current plan is that there will be 2 Hub - rp and non-rp although you won't really notice that except brighter town on world map. Please read what I wrote before (2nd paragraph):

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,24151.msg202656.html#msg202656

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:44 am »

realy looking forward to this..
as i was starting the game few years ago there was this hub roleplay project,
i remember a guy named brother witt, roleplaying a priest or something
he helped me a lot with his knowledge and took a full hour to show me all this beginner stuff..
everything about mining, brahminhides, tents and such things. just lovely roleplaying a helpfull priest.
since this day i havenĀ“t left 2238. also a good so called "PR" for 2238 at all.
even if this isn't "open for everyone"... a pity that we need a 2th hub, to do organised undisturbed roleplay, isn't it?
end of summer is exactly the right time to pick up all those ragequiting dudes.
thanks for your persistent efforts for roleplaying, jovanka.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:46:31 am by John.Metzger »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:37 am »

Maybe add an ability to purchase shops and in return get some cash or items every scpecific day of the week.

JovankaB

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 10:18:21 am »

Maybe add an ability to purchase shops and in return get some cash or items every scpecific day of the week.

NPC will be assumed to just rent space for business from the property owner. So you will be able to own building but not the NPC functioning in them (you could kick them out though). I'm not sure if rent will be actually paid. Handling this by GM might be too much work, although there could be some ways to automate the process, eg just spawn gold coins in containers or even floor in all buildings once in a week and let owners worry to pick them up before some thief will do it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:20:31 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 11:45:04 am »

My current plan is that there will be 2 Hub - rp and non-rp although you won't really notice that except brighter town on world map. Please read what I wrote before (2nd paragraph):

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,24151.msg202656.html#msg202656

Well, still I got some doubts - will this Hub RP be avaible to enter if no GM is online? If yes, and if there really won't be any NPC guards in town it'll be totally ruined in two, three days. At least I see it that way.

JovankaB

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:33 am »

Well, still I got some doubts - will this Hub RP be avaible to enter if no GM is online? If yes, and if there really won't be any NPC guards in town it'll be totally ruined in two, three days. At least I see it that way.

You will be able to enter but there will be minimum level requirement to opt-in. It won't be possible to enter with 1 level character and attempts of trolling will be punished. I'm optimistic so I guess we will have to just wait and see who was right :)
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:22 pm »

I'd rather tell that most of the trolls got few fighting characters lvl 24 with full gear and I guess nothing will stop them if there wont be guards in town. Doesn't matter if that would be CS or TTTLA or another fighting team. I just guess that Hub RP will become another town to control without actual tc system.
I am not happy of that, coz I reckon this RP idea as brilliant but I just warn you to create another security for time when GM is offline. Or at least don't let anyone come with superior gear or even with any gear.

JovankaB

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:54 pm »

I'd rather tell that most of the trolls got few fighting characters lvl 24 with full gear and I guess nothing will stop them

Common sense will. Any lawless action in RP Hub will be under a real risk of consequences. If you murder someone your character risks ending in jail for a significant amount of time. There will be clear rules about it, so it will be still possible to break law, just much harder and not in the open. If you do something non-rp and out-of-context or break other project rules, it will be a permaban straight away.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:53:30 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »

Well then, if it's permaban I am fully satisfied :) And I am really looking forward to start.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2012, 10:15:33 pm »

how about a small camp near Hub for slavers, you can get slaver tatoo there, no more need to travel to Den
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 30 queries.