"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 25, 2024, 04:10:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hub RPG - canceled  (Read 15976 times)

JovankaB

Re: Hub RPG - Work in Progress
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2012, 05:52:18 am »

how about a small camp near Hub for slavers, you can get slaver tatoo there, no more need to travel to Den

A hidden slaver camp location yes, if it will make some rp sense. Getting tattoo easier or some other
standard 2238 features like professions etc for "no more need to travel" - absolutely no.
Also no selling slaves to an NPC, caps grinding features etc. The project can't hijack the game
and is not supposed to be a loophole to get things easier.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:02:14 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2012, 11:20:37 am »

Agree with that. A slaver camp (I think an outpost or a scrapheap could be an ok place for that especially if the brahmin pen can be turned into a fance) there could be used as a place that part of the underground/criminal society. Talking about criminals and underground society Hub old town has that underground level where in fallout 1 we could meet the Thieves' Circle that place could be made up as a hideout for some small time thieves and robbers. Maybe one of the houses from the Heights district could be made as a home for some criminal figure and his underlings (after all criminal activity could get some rich if they won't get busted).

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:55 am »

Well I actually talked to JovankaB to add a town near hub called scrapheap(like the one in the fallout demo) to serve as a stoping point for caravans and such.I also talked about adding something similar to the gas station camp base near the hub aswell perhaps we can use this as the slaver camp.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:08 pm »

Sounds interesting. As much as the RP project is related to Hub, is there a possibility we include a bit of stuff from JunkTown? We all know, Hub doesn't have it's own mining site, so somebody can be a caravan driver like thingy and provide minerals and ores to the weapons dealer for example.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 01:28:37 am »

Sounds interesting. As much as the RP project is related to Hub, is there a possibility we include a bit of stuff from JunkTown? We all know, Hub doesn't have it's own mining site, so somebody can be a caravan driver like thingy and provide minerals and ores to the weapons dealer for example.
what about TWACO? by johnny rust

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »

TWACO is good project IMO but there should be more plazer driven caravan companies.
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 03:39:29 pm »

I cannot wait.

JovankaB

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 10:06:08 am »

Situation changed a bit, as you can see. The whole thing was planned around "do it with
just what GMs can do, nothing else", without any expectation of help from any developer.

Now I have to rethink it again, because some of the limitations are gone or reduced for me,
but also because I have less time to sit in the game myself. I will put the project on hold
until I figure out what can be done in the current circumstances :P At this moment I don't
know anymore how Hub RPG will look.

I will lock the thread for now so the message stays clear.
If you want to talk about the project - catch me on #2238help.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:28:44 am by JovankaB »

JovankaB

Re: Hub RPG - canceled
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:52 am »

Time to face reality. I cancel the project. Maybe some GM will pick up the idea some day,
or try something else... It was a long shot from start, but without me sitting in game as GM
and doing it, it's simply impossible, not at the scale I planned. And it's not going to happen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:48:40 am by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 28 queries.