"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 06:20:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Hub RPG - canceled  (Read 15887 times)

headshot

• Killian
Re: Hub RPG - Work in Progress
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

Yep. That's what she said. Imagination is the way. Don't expect much from graphics made or based on this what has been done before 1997. "Give me a skin and I will show ya that I can do the role-play" is not good solution too. Just think about some roles, stop using "omg" "wtf" "lol" and turn on the imagination and feel the fallout spirit. If this is possible, I'd like to participate in this, however I'm afraid that this project won't last long if all of the participants would be action men. From same reason the Wasteland Wildlife Protectors turned itself from a RP-Project to the some kind of military faction which was not a goal.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »

I want the Hub to have some conflicts in the town but it won't be based on any big scale military
similar to what you see on northern towns, at least not on everyday basis. The most obvious
conflict will be police vs underground - anyone can try to break into properties of the citizens
but it won't be as easy because of real possibility of getting jailed. There will be a lot of places
to break in, buildings in hands of GMs will have some items spawned. People in the underground
would also get jobs from "crime boss" - unknown town figure controlled by the GM. The jobs
could be to assassinate someone, steal some object, guard some illegal trade etc. (but victims
would be chars controlled by GM, unless some player wanted to play such role). Of course people
in police would have opposite objectives besides normal duties like protecting citizens.
Protection from NPCs would be removed to absolute minimum. NPC guards will probably be replaced
with armed citizen NPCs and opportunity to get Hub citizenship for lawful people who visit the town
often, run some project in town etc.

The Hub RPG will probably (if devs will agree to put the necessary script on server) take place in
a copy of the town spawned on top of the original one. If you enter the copy you will get automatically
teleported to the original (non-rp) town, unless you opted-in. To opt-in you will have to talk to an NPC
in the non-rp Hub. You will be able to opt-out from the project anytime by talking to similar NPC
in the rp Hub. To opt-in you would need at least level 5.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:59:42 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »

I want the Hub to have some conflicts in the town but it won't be based on any big scale military
similar to what you see on northern towns, at least not on everyday basis. The most obvious
conflict will be police vs underground - anyone can try to break into properties of the citizens
but it won't be as easy because of real possibility of getting jailed. There will be a lot of places
to break in, buildings in hands of GMs will have some items spawned. People in the underground
would also get jobs from "crime boss" - unknown town figure controlled by the GM. The jobs
could be to assassinate someone, steal some object, guard some illegal trade etc. (but victims
would be chars controlled by GM, unless some player wanted to play such role). Of course people
in police would have opposite objectives besides normal duties like protecting citizens.
Protection from NPCs would be removed to absolute minimum. NPC guards will probably be replaced
with armed citizen NPCs and opportunity to get Hub citizenship for lawful people who visit the town
often, run some project in town etc.

The Hub RPG will probably (if devs will agree to put the necessary script on server) take place in
a copy of the town spawned on top of the original one. If you enter the copy you will get automatically
teleported to the original (non-rp) town, unless you opted-in. To opt-in you will have to talk to an NPC
in the non-rp Hub. You will be able to opt-out from the project anytime by talking to similar NPC
in the rp Hub. To opt-in you would need at least level 5.

uhm hope you dont mind me saying; better be carfull that your idea doesn't get out of hand in the dev department...well if you can arrange it im all for. but the devs seem so inactieve recently or maybe thats wrong?

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 11:14:15 pm »

uhm hope you dont mind me saying; better be carfull that your idea doesn't get out of hand in the dev department...well if you can arrange it im all for. but the devs seem so inactieve recently or maybe thats wrong?

It's not like devs aren't available at all, although for players it may seem a bit like that.
The script and dialogs for letting people in wouldn't require much of their attention,
I can make it all by myself and I still have plenty of time to test it with SDK and harass
them to put it on 2238 :P Without blocking 1-4 level chars it would be constant trollfest.
Idea with double Hub and opting-in is probably the best, so I hope devs would agree.
But it's not important in the moment, because project is still in relatively early concept.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:22:10 pm by JovankaB »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

hmmm it seems good i would of course want more pvp in this but meh not my choice. anyway if this really happens ( seems like its 50/50 chance that this project really happens) i will join the underground and do evil killings and be jailed every day  ;D.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:00 am »

It's not like devs aren't available at all, although for players it may seem a bit like that.
The script and dialogs for letting people in wouldn't require much of their attention,
I can make it all by myself and I still have plenty of time to test it with SDK and harass
them to put it on 2238 :P Without blocking 1-4 level chars it would be constant trollfest.
Idea with double Hub and opting-in is probably the best, so I hope devs would agree.
But it's not important in the moment, because project is still in relatively early concept.
great to hear it's not to much work so it got a real good chance of actually gettinf implemented

steve s.

• unity will bring peace to the world
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 11:20:53 am »

In the project I would like to put ghouls in town and they would have equal rights. I don't
know why there is no ghouls in Hub in 2238. Fallout canon ending says "With your assistance,
Old Harold brings the ghoul population of the Hub into equality with the humans. The two
sides work together, and the Hub prospers.". Considering their longevity they might quite
influential citizens. Maybe that's why they aren't visible :P

I don't like idea of Supermutants wandering around there though.
I think that you could go somewhere with this. some people just won't be happy about the fact that mutants have rights. how about there be political partys that we can join, each with their own values and positions on certain matters, mutant rights being just one topic. I have roleplayed as a gentleman ghoul character before and I found that there were a good many people who would discriminate against me just because of my appearance. maybe we could register as members of these different political partys and all the citizens of the hub could vote on certain things, like super mutants being alowed into town, and shop owners being aloud to discriminate against mutants, maybe whether or not to legalize certain items like some drugs? what we can vote on would be ultimately be decided by the hub's central council (the GMs).

This could work alongside the police vs criminal aspect because when something is illegal it creates a demand for smugglers. these smugglers could have to hide contraband in certain places to get it to certain people. people who find a stash could report it to the deputies, blackmail someone for an item or a job if they figure out who the smuggler is or who it was being delivered too, or take it for themselves accepting the risks of being caught. If they guess and try to blackmail the wrong person they just alerted them that they have contraband and the wrongly accused could turn them in. deputies could use the steal ability to search suspicious peoples inventory for contraband. unfortunately something may need to be changed so deputies could use the steal option and not become unprotected. you could always just use that as a reason for deputies not searching every random person. smuggling could also add another dimension to the dirty cop idea where the deputy could keep the contraband for himself rather than turning it in to the police chief. getting caught as a dirty cop could get you fired and arrested for possession. a choice has a consequence, but you always have a choice.

also as a ghoul who is often kicked around and has been around for a long time, your words give me hope of being an influential figure. : ) I am looking forward to this.
before you read anything I write, think the words "This cake tastes like sideburns, and"

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=K_ib4DRYflM&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9D2R_3iog3Hhos86igP0GhZ

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 01:01:32 am »

I wanted to say, while I have quit for the time being, I'll be back in force when (or if) this is implemented. I would absolutely love to see a Gorgon Enterprises office facility in the Hub, and will defiantly work towards it by any means.   

It is kinda weird to see people asking after me though *_*

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 05:25:56 am »

I wanted to say, while I have quit for the time being, I'll be back in force when (or if) this is implemented.

Good to know Ben!  :)
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:14 am »

i suggest to add for that second hub own money value - money like in fo2, which can be obtained in flc for bottle caps or gold nugget

:D :)

Let the Force be with You.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:21 am »

i suggest to add for that second hub own money value - money like in fo2, which can be obtained in flc for bottle caps or gold nugget

:D :)

This is actually pretty good idea. Gold could be used to buy properties or pay for other project features.
But obtaining for caps sounds a bit counter-productive, because it endangers the project with grinding.
I would prefer if it could be earned in GM-driven events/tasks/quests.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:59:35 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:59 am »

Maybe then *price-less* papers from redding mines, customized to water merchants paper. which can be used by citizens to change situation in hub
(for example gm have 51% of water merchants paper, and rest of hub citizens 49% and main goal for that citizens is participating in politics of hub water trading and other things)

Let the Force be with You.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »

Nice idea but I'm not sure if not too ambitious... it's basically a stock exchange :o

Another thing is that I don't really like the idea of Hub in 2238 having one source of water.
After Fallout 1 the water merchants weren't mentioned, which suggests something opposite.

It's a nice material for interesting conflict but it's 80 years after Fallout 1 events.
It would be strange if they still had a monopoly on a resource that is in many ways renewable.
The drought from F2 didn't come yet either. Last but not least, in 2238 water pipes are everywhere :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:08:11 pm by JovankaB »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

its 2245 the drought of F2 has been long gone,I think..

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »

its 2245 the drought of F2 has been long gone,I think..

It's always year 2238 in FOnline 2238. Your Pipboy is wrong (all of them, actually :P).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.