"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:27:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Good luck!  (Read 5441 times)

JovankaB

Re: Good luck!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 12:04:28 am »

There is spawn point near Hub, where some of new characters spawn. They will try to go to Hub, because they know nothing about the game, but according to manual, you can enter only from level 5 (or using RP story). How do you want to deal with this fact?

They will be informed that town doesn't let in characters will level lower than 5, given
a web link to a page with short information prepared for them and teleported outside town.
They can always make an RP char with description and get in.
The project is not supposed to be a nursery for new players.

Although... I must still think about it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:06:44 am by JovankaB »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:26 am »

They will be informed that town doesn't let in characters will level lower than 5, given
a web link to a page with short information prepared for them and teleported outside town.

Lol aren't you glad we started talking of this early so you know what to expect? Like i said, i will try to help as much as i can.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 05:31:39 pm »

taking a guarded town and useing it for a rp and taking it away from newbies is over kill. do you guys really think this lvl 5 thing will stop trolls? it wont at all. any player can get lvl 5 in under 20 min. so what if you ban the troll alt. what's that going to do? nothing at all ,so what if you ban 1 alt there is 500000 more on there way. also jov wont be there all the time so when she is offline it will be troll heaven. you can try and have a non troll rp and it might work now with the low numbers but if you want this to be a big rp when and if server numbers come up you will be looking at alot of trolls coming. you also need trolls and pvpers for a project to work, without them its just boring, its just alot of nerds afking and /e. so i suggest add player guards and remove the hub reinforcement script. let pvper come so you can have some "raiders" to fight from time to time. maybe a couple times a day there could be a time were pvpers could come and fight the rpers and guards. this way it wont be random and those that don't want to fight don't need too. they can just leave for the time being and come back after the "raid" time is over. 
Roaming the waste again.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

taking a guarded town and useing it for a rp and taking it away from newbies is over kill. do you guys really think this lvl 5 thing will stop trolls? it wont at all. any player can get lvl 5 in under 20 min. so what if you ban the troll alt. what's that going to do? nothing at all ,so what if you ban 1 alt there is 500000 more on there way. also jov wont be there all the time so when she is offline it will be troll heaven. you can try and have a non troll rp and it might work now with the low numbers but if you want this to be a big rp when and if server numbers come up you will be looking at alot of trolls coming. you also need trolls and pvpers for a project to work, without them its just boring, its just alot of nerds afking and /e. so i suggest add player guards and remove the hub reinforcement script. let pvper come so you can have some "raiders" to fight from time to time. maybe a couple times a day there could be a time were pvpers could come and fight the rpers and guards. this way it wont be random and those that don't want to fight don't need too. they can just leave for the time being and come back after the "raid" time is over.
Thats sad but true meaning of this server, nothing more to add.
h

Gimper

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 05:45:58 pm »

Not a bad idea.
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »

I think allowing this to be newbie babysitting too would be just good.Also must be kept in mind what falloutdude just said...one can-t just stop trolls.And some bad guys in town shiver can just make things more interesting.Totally safe rp is a chimera..
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

JovankaB

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 06:50:25 pm »

This project is not supposed to be 100% safe town for people hunting radscorpions.
Roleplay does not mean safe. If this is your expectation, then you will not be satisfied.

All newbies will be allowed, all they have to do is to make a good roleplay character
and write nice background story and they will get a reward of 10 000 xp points that
will give them access to the town. I think it's reasonable alternative for hauling boxes,
shoveling shit and begging some HUB-T4XI for 10mm pistol.

Gimper

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »

This project is not supposed to be 100% safe town for people hunting radscorpions.
Roleplay does not mean safe. If this is your expectation, then you will not be satisfied.

All newbies will be allowed, all they have to do is to make a good roleplay character
and write nice background story and they will get a reward of 10 000 xp points that
will give them access to the town. I think it's reasonable alternative for hauling boxes,
shoveling shit and begging some HUB-T4XI for 10mm pistol.
Does smart rat get a reserved 10,000 xp and a reserved place in hub since he had that cool background story? :D
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:51 pm »

My rp char will kill you without ever being seen, the hub protects its own.

Gimper

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »

My rp char will kill you without ever being seen, the hub protects its own.

Wait, what? That sentence makes no sense to me...
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »

I think Hub is a bad choice for an RP project because when the server has players its used a lot as a meeting place for groups and for Pkers doing TB traps and such in south towns.
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax

JovankaB

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »

I think Hub is a bad choice for an RP project because when the server has players its used a lot as a meeting place for groups and for Pkers doing TB traps and such in south towns.

So what? People will still be able to meet there. I don't understand what's the problem.
If they don't like they can meet in Hinkley.
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 09:59:55 pm »

Well as a member of Section 8 (mostly a TB gang when i started) for about 3 years i have used this place to meet up and also patroled it to kill players.  That being said it seems like a bad choice. If the server gets more players and its worth it i'm sure this town will be a central area for pkers who play turn based again.

JovankaB

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »

Well as a member of Section 8 (mostly a TB gang when i started) for about 3 years i have used this place to meet up and also patroled it to kill players.  That being said it seems like a bad choice. If the server gets more players and its worth it i'm sure this town will be a central area for pkers who play turn based again.

I don't see why it would be a problem. All will be welcome in Hub as long as they don't break project rules.
Maybe you don't understand. Being even the worst PK won't matter. You could only become "criminal" by
breaking the law inside the town. What you do outside won't matter, because outside wouldn't be roleplay.
So just don't PK in Hub.

And if you just wanted to PK and grief people in Hub without rp consequences then... you won't. boo hoo.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:13:21 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »

Actually i have done 100% of my recruiting in that town, and i don't want to participate in RP to do so. I just want to be able to enter the town and hang out(not in character). Why not pick a town like necro that isn't used for anything really other than shopping one vendor. The shit stalls are great for recruiting and helping new players, or just making friends and this is going to be annoying IMO. So before u troll me again realize i'm offering an opinion and some friendly advice as an older player who has seen that that area is a warzone for turn basers when the server is populated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 32 queries.