"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:25:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Good luck!  (Read 5438 times)

JovankaB

Re: Good luck!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 10:19:28 pm »

Actually i have done 100% of my recruiting in that town, and i don't want to participate in RP to do so. I just want to be able to enter the town and hang out(not in character). Why not pick a town like necro that isn't used for anything really other than shopping one vendor. The shit stalls are great for recruiting and helping new players, or just making friends and this is going to be annoying IMO. So before u troll me again realize i'm offering an opinion and some friendly advice as an older player who has seen that that area is a warzone for turn basers when the server is populated.

Dude, you and your PK friends have whole wasteland.
I guess you will have to simply deal with the fact that the town will be different after the project starts.

The no-OOC restrictions might be loosened though so you won't be forced to do thing you don't like.
I didn't troll you just honestly asked, because I didn't understand your mindset. Now I get it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:24:56 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 10:24:17 pm »

I guess it will only matter if the game ever has players again. For now i have no reason to play this server since i could roam the waste for 24 hours and never find a player to kill. I will say though that if the server becomes populated again this town will be surrounded in turn based traps and all the RPers will cry endlessly, and i think it could be avoided by just choosing a town like necropolis which makes way more sense considering it has no use at all right now.
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

i think it could be avoided by just choosing
RT in config, and you'll never get into TB trap. >_>

JovankaB

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »

He knows it I'm sure, he just pretends it's for the good of poor rpers that would be killed by him :(
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »

Not sure that actually works but if it does its just another reason all the TBers quit, and the server being basically dead. Im 100% sure ive been killed in RT mode though on merc leaders by being caught in tb traps.

JovankaB

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »

Not sure that actually works but if it does its just another reason all the TBers quit, and the server being basically dead.

And can't you "TBers" just fight each other instead of hunting newbs going from Hub to Junktown?
Wouldn't it be like... more challenging or something? Just asking.
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »

^ Honestly who doesn't know this?

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

well every time the game is wiped turn based gets worse and more tbers leave. So u tell me where i can find another turn based player and ill be glad to go fight him, but im sure when im looking ill find no one exept bluesuits and then im killing out of boredom.
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »

I guess it will only matter if the game ever has players again. For now i have no reason to play this server since i could roam the waste for 24 hours and never find a player to kill. I will say though that if the server becomes populated again this town will be surrounded in turn based traps and all the RPers will cry endlessly, and i think it could be avoided by just choosing a town like necropolis which makes way more sense considering it has no use at all right now.

Necropolis actually makes no sense from an RP standpoint. Or at the very least would be hard to develop a story for that would make sense. I think there's a bit of a tradeoff considering a location that makes sense RP wise and one that comfortably sits with the majority of the playerbase. In that sense I think Hub is not a bad choice, since you still got JT and boneyard really close for anything non RP-related in that area. Personally I would have liked it in Adytum, but that's a pretty small place so I can see why that's not the preferred choice.

And fwiw I don't think TB traps surrounding the place will be a massive problem. It's outside the city, so it's fair game as far as I am concerned. I think there's even an argument to be made for that being a good thing. Would add more value to in-project services like taxiing and caravan guards. Not to mention a trading hub being under some siege now and then wouldn't really be that far-fetched, either. I get the point that maybe not everyone would view it as a positive, however.

So u tell me where i can find another turn based player and ill be glad to go fight him
SF area, at least for a while. Not sure if that's still the case, though.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 10:50:12 pm »

There is no sense in RP because lack of people or RP with ur alts on multilog :)

Make new reno gang rp and alive that ;p
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 11:17:46 pm »

Nothing i said was addressed really exept the fact that im openly a pker. Good luck with the rp project and i hope its successful really because more players means more people to kill. I just wish i wasn't losing the only town worth hanging out in when there is players online, and my home of recruiting as well. :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 29 queries.