"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:31:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Good luck!  (Read 5450 times)

manero

• FO:Reloaded
Re: Good luck!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:03 pm »

Just to clear things up, this project won't start tomorrow, this week, not even in June probably.

I love soon projects  ;D Quintessence of FO2238!

Good luck(in waiting)

JovankaB

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »

I love soon projects  ;D Quintessence of FO2238!

Good luck(in waiting)

It's whole micro-RPG system with special rules, with theme, setting, background story that will unfold
with time not some PvP event where you can spawn a few outfitters and let players kill each other.

I decided to do everything (that isn't spoiler) in the open so you will be able to follow the progress. I did it,
because I need feedback and ideas from people who would like to participate. Also when I start it I want
everyone (also people who won't participate) to be ready not ask "wut is dat?" or rage about abuse.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:22:18 pm by JovankaB »

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »

So what this microrpgsystem is about? The Hub? As far as i remember there was something in Hub 2 years ago. I can describe it as annoying izual walking everywhere with his abused powers. It sucked balls and it failed. Why that new project will work?

avv

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 06:07:29 pm »

Limiting freedom of speech is going to be difficult.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

Limiting freedom of speech is going to be difficult.

What freedom of speech? I don't understand. You will be able to say anything as long as it's not out-of-context.
OOC things can be said on forum. So where is the limit?

You must understand that it will be a general rule that the town is 100% roleplaying location.
Breaking Hub RPG rules will end in punishing player just like with standard 2238 rules.
Remember it will be just a one location (and a few support locations around town) so it's not
that hard to watch it.

Shouting might be forbidden, but mostly because the town isn't that big and I don't want
information to spread to quickly around town.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:55:59 pm by JovankaB »

JovankaB

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 07:00:44 pm »

So what this microrpgsystem is about? The Hub? As far as i remember there was something in Hub 2 years ago. I can describe it as annoying izual walking everywhere with his abused powers. It sucked balls and it failed. Why that new project will work?

Town will be proclaimed 100% RP location with full GM power to apply consequences for character actions.
For example lifetime sentence in Hub Prison for serial killer if he will be caught. There will be a system for this
that I will describe later. Suicide Bombers will be assumed to permadie. Character with level < 5 won't be allowed.
However there will be a way for 1 level RP chars to gain access - 10k XP points for writing good character
background story.

If you won't like it, simply don't enter it. You have to simply accept that the town won't be the same anymore
as long as the project will run.

This is just anti-troll measures. I plan to make it interesting for people in town. Hub Project didn't really had much plan.
Some things will be run by GMs but players will be able to get involved. For example it will be possible to join Hub police.
But also it will be possible to be corrupt policeman or a mole of underground etc. Underground would have some jobs
to do - with real caps involved and a real risk.

Bad policemen can be fired or even put in jail.

On top of that there would be a bigger picture - town theme/setting and a big background town story that would be
moved forward when GMs had time to do it. There would be some big events that would move the story forward, and
some small "quests" for Story Characters that could move it forward as well. Some of the events would not be visible
or known only to a few people, but important in the future. Some other would be changing the whole town and the
life of characters in town in drastic way.

Of course it's just my vision :P Will the promise be fulfilled? No idea.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:35:26 pm by JovankaB »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »

If you won't like it, simply don't enter it. You have to simply accept that the town won't be the same anymore
as long as the project will run.

This will be some trouble, trying to keep troll alts out of the hub. Better hire a lot of hub police roleplayers :D

JovankaB

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »

I hope most players won't try to destroy this project.
Controlling a single location however won't be that hard as long as a GM will be online.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »

However there will be a way for 1 level RP chars to gain access - 10k XP points for writing good character
background story.

Of course it's just my vision :P Will the promise be fulfilled? No idea.
Good background stroy you say?
How do troll/lazyman do it ? Copy/paste from RP forums story = win.
h

JovankaB

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 07:46:43 pm »

Good point Tomo, but I can use Google too. Besides story for Hub can't be just copy/paste.
It must  have references to the theme/setting I will write in Hub RPG manual and to Fallout
world in general. But I really don't want to make it contest who can outsmart who. 10k isn't
that much and if the character won't be roleplaying in Hub, it will be banned. So there really
is not much to win here and a lot to lose if I find out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:54:04 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »

I read the rules, but still I don't know if I can use existing character?
It won't need any skin, just need to know if it works with normal characters created before to roleplay purposes, but aint used.
h

Gimper

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »

However there will be a way for 1 level RP chars to gain access - 10k XP points for writing good characterbackground story.

Example background story for smart rat. (If anyone is interested)

JovankaB

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »

I read the rules, but still I don't know if I can use existing character?
It won't need any skin, just need to know if it works with normal characters created before to roleplay purposes, but aint used.

These rules are just a draft. But yes you will be able to come and RP with any character
as long as it's has at least 5 level and name that doesn't look weird, eg: "p3wp3w". This
will be minimum to enter the town.

To have a chance to be part of some bigger GM-driven story in town you would have
to prepare your character description. Maybe there will be a template for this.
Otherwise you will be just treated as street crowd by GMs, you can still do whatever
you like though, join town projects, and face consequences of your actions.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:40:53 pm by JovankaB »

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 10:51:40 pm »

There is spawn point near Hub, where some of new characters spawn. They will try to go to Hub, because they know nothing about the game, but according to manual, you can enter only from level 5 (or using RP story). How do you want to deal with this fact?

But nevertheless, thumbs up and thank you for trying to bring more RP to harsh wasteland... ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:54:46 pm by Mike Wall »

Gimper

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 11:48:55 pm »

There is spawn point near Hub, where some of new characters spawn. They will try to go to Hub, because they know nothing about the game, but according to manual, you can enter only from level 5 (or using RP story). How do you want to deal with this fact?

But nevertheless, thumbs up and thank you for trying to bring more RP to harsh wasteland... ;)
Hmm you bring up a good point. I dont think she had that in mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 36 queries.