"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 16, 2024, 05:01:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like this feature to be added into game?

I'd like both A+B
I'd like only A
I'd like only B
I'd like (some of) it with little changes
Not needed

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Healing issue  (Read 1862 times)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Healing issue
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:54:07 am »

A:
First of all healing can be easily abused by bots for auto-exp. Imho +exp from 1st aid/doc should be slowly decreasing every time you use the skill on same person in a row. It should stop at really small amount of +exp per heal or even at 0 exp. Imagine situation where you heal for 45 hp and get 100 exp out of it: 1st heal would be for 5/5 of normal exp gain, 2nd for 4/5, 3rd for 3/5, 4th for 2/5, 5th for 1/5 and every other will give you only 10% of original experience. This negative effect will slowly go away lets say after 30 min. After that you will be able to get 5/5 exp again. This should only happen if you use 1st aid/doc on same person in a row but if you heal yourself, switch to someone else and then back to you, you will still get less exp until the -exp effect wears off by time.

B:
Another suggestion I have about 1st aid/doc is connected to action points and combat. 1st aid works too much like a magic potion right now. Instead of instant +hp or succeed/fail healing crippled body parts both of these skills would require time to be done. Lets say that 1st aid would require 4 action points and when you use it you will start healing yourself. Instead of instant +hp, you would start loosing action points 1 per second (or more/less frequent) and for every second you spend by healing yourself you will get portion of you hp healed (based on your skills) up to maximum 4 action points used. Maybe it should be possible to interrupt 1st aid by attacking, maybe not. That would require some testing to be done. Also while using 1st aid APs we should be able to get below 0 and then regenerate at regular speed. Something similar could be done with doc, while the portion of APs used for skill would decide % chance of success. 4/4 APs used = chance based on your skills, 3/4 = your skill -5% and so on...

Last thing is that if there should be any kind of PvE "dungeon" introduced, staying alive and clearing it should be possible in one single run, without "die-run back-start over" effect. Anyway I can't imagine anything like bossfight right now, because there are no "classes" in-game and I find most of the PvP chars pretty universal for PvE purposes. So such bossfight would be decided only by the numbers of players, their equip and fighting skills. But I miss some kind of cooperation there, such as the role of "tank" and "healer". Maybe its too much of a wow style gaming for some of you, but all I'm trying to point out here is that PvE fights are too short and there is 0 time for some real tactics and cooperation that should decide the outcome of such fight and not only how big guns you carry and how many of you came. So I just want to bring it up for a discussion, because its pretty much healing based issue and I hope devs have some plans for PvE...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:09:48 am by Sius »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Healing issue
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 03:31:48 am »

1st suggestion wouldnt, work cause  you can fa/abuse by healing yourself, but in same time normal players fight for exp and heals themselves so they will get lower exp for that and it wouldnt be fair.

dunno about 2nd but it looks like its dedicated only for rt combat thus not universal for game and wouldnt fit, so you need to think of improving something in tb also.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »

Heh, funny results. One of the most retarded ways of gaining xp and 7 "not needed". How surprising!  :P

Of course the stupid amounts of XP you can gain from first aid need addressing, though I think we have our own solution already decided upon.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »

how about getting reputation for healing town persons ? :>

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:48:51 pm »

1st suggestion wouldnt, work cause  you can fa/abuse by healing yourself, but in same time normal players fight for exp and heals themselves so they will get lower exp for that and it wouldnt be fair.

dunno about 2nd but it looks like its dedicated only for rt combat thus not universal for game and wouldnt fit, so you need to think of improving something in tb also.

Imho exp income from 1st aid/doc is insignificant for regular players and its just little bonus. Even if these skills don't reward using them with exp I would not mind at all.
And for the second its really dedicated only for RT combat, because there is the need for change. I mean one moment you see someone with his guts coming out of him and in a sec he is back in action. And I think TB is ok as it is right now. Well its called TB for a reason, so there is no need for changes, simply if you have enough ap for 1st aid you can use it. Or maybe by using fa in TB combat you would be healing over time and full recovery would take lets say 15 secs? Dunno I think TB is ok as it is.

But I'm curious what kind of solution can we expect Solar?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »

I think we better get it finished before discussing the details, otherwise there would be much moaning ;)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 05:58:02 pm »

I don't think anybody gives a damn about this one, but i think FA, Doctor and Fists are things a player can't lose by being killed, except for his dignity, so i'd leave as it is.
Besides, there's already a cooldown on FA.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:21 pm »

I am depressed by the implications of this poll on the playerbase.

I guess people like their cost-nothing/5AP/Instant/Mid fight healing mind powers more than balance.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 10:47:32 pm »

I am depressed by the implications of this poll on the playerbase.

I guess people like their cost-nothing/5AP/Instant/Mid fight healing mind powers more than balance.

Or their "easy to level with some lame trick" PvP chars :)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 11:27:25 pm »

Or their "easy to level with some lame trick" PvP chars :)

I'd be surprised if that was a common exploit, actually. It requires a fairly high hp character to practise on. I mean, it's doable, but I imagine it'd be easier to just grind outdoors or something.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52:45 pm »

there is always FAing your mercs.
you can shoot your merc and they won't attack back..

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 02:36:49 am »

I enjoy fights..

All measures, that leads to situation, when players are not in cities but somewhere else, are bad. Look at the empty cities...

Sius, you suggested longer leveling of our chars before wipe. Your suggestion was realised and result was, that you stoped play fonline after the wipe, because you had not enough time to spent it in game. And so many others.

I do not deny, that FA experiences are maybe 1/3 of experience you need to level up your 10 luck snipers. But in oposite to BG rocket launchers, snipers need more then shoot one rocket in the group of fighting aliens, centaurs,... to get enough and fast experiences.

I am seriuos: Game master, developers, everybody knows, that now, after half of the year of existence of this open beta test, there are absolutely no game content created without players.
There are only few quests, almost starting or needed to get proffesion. There are only few events, mostly boring, if not boring, then totaly laging. Only PvP is now real purpose why most players spend time in fonline wasteland.

So why are you making another restriction for christ?? GM, did you tried to play this game like regular players? Do you think that all of us have enough time to be in?

There were, are and will be power players.. they will always have leveled up their pure PvP chars before others can do it. So because of this, NA was created... After some time, when most of, but not every one, from NA leveled up their pure PvP char, we are stronger.. But why? Because all these changes: expensive equipment, long time leveling,... leads to uniting of weaker against the strogest. And now, you are disapointing of existing NA, because we overnumbering any other gang. Think about this.. Even if there is little change, it can lead to big result.

Sius, you suggest measure, after which you will:

1) need spent more time in hideouts, caves, in critter encounters insted of you will spent time in cities, in pvp, by making content by players
 2) spent less time in fights because you cant heal yourself so many players will use fast relog, like now, because if fight is cca 5 minute long and you die after hunderst of hours of crafting, leveling, traveling in first minute, what is the point of foline?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:16:23 am by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

I still think that leveling is way too fast for MMORPG. But its caused by current development stage (testing is needed, lack of quests and so on), but I hope that one day I will see leveling slow enough that alts would be domain only for people who really PLAY FOnline almost every day, so they will be able to get over 8th lvl with their alt char in less than 2 weeks.

But that is off-topic a bit. Problem here is that I don't suggest it just to see how it will work with current game, I think of it in bigger picture and how it would affect gaming later (in best case) when beta is closed. Of course I know nothing about how game will look like and what are the current goals for developers, but I have my own picture of an ideal FOnline in head and I try to build my suggestions to suit my own FOnline. Maybe it sounds stupid but isn't it the point of whole suggestion thread to make game a bit more "your way"?

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

You have right to post here your suggestion. But i am little allergic to suggestions of non PvP players affecting PvP.. Because some DEV with no PvP experience can realise this idea. In current system, when i have 170 HP with my sniper, i get one burst and (when i survive) i hurry behind closest corner where i must heal myself or i will die. If i die, i lost my hardly crafted armor and i need at least 10 minutes to get back.. But after 10 minutes is fight over. So the FA is essenital.

I hope that you will join us after wipe, Sius :)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 11:03:45 am »

Well my point when making this suggestion was to make people more dependent on healers and stimpacs. But maybe if "Good Natured" would also slightly reduce fa/doc cooldowns then we could expect some pure combat-medic support to be brought into fights and wait in 2nd lines. As soon as someone gets hurt medics role starts to payoff.

Simply I hate current character universality and everything closer to fights that require player cooperation, tactics, different player setups is imho good.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 24 queries.