"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 12:44:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Outgoing advertisment - how to make running costs less donation dependant.  (Read 542 times)

I have been using a service for my blogs, that converts a link into one with an advertisment in it, so i could squeeze some caps worth of my trouble.

Now i noticed that it offers scripts that convert all the outgoing links automaticaly, and remembered this site could actually use this; for it would not disturb the forums itself, but could provide advertisment outside of it.

With the traffic here (or at least the last time i have been around) im pretty sure it would pay for most of the hosting fees just from the forums.

Just the suggestion.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if it involves anything that would actually help pay for server that isn't 100% a donation, it probably is not legal.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

oh.

even as far as the money is not actually a requirement for playing the game?

what if this "service" is put up by a private party that donates it all via conventional means?

edit,

oh and what i mean is:

whenever there is an outoing link on this forum, it could get automatically "cloaked" to go through a commercial break; lets say i post a link of a cute fonline kitten, http://www.imagebanana.com/img/hfwisqa/Bild2.png , but the website itself (seeing that the domain of the link is different from its own, therefore an outgoing link) converts it to this http://f01bd226.miniurls.co link, ultimately leading to the desired destination, just stopping along the way for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:09:44 am by ErnestGaskin »

What's about the running costs for maintaining the forum?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.