Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611874 times)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #390 on: December 02, 2010, 09:23:28 pm »
Come on. You honestly expect that from our general playerbase?

Indeed, should've known better.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #391 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:44 pm »
What models would that be?  ;D

Anyway, I got the impression I was helping already. If I'll get a base texture or even just a UV layout I can give it a try, I've already started making a mask from a poster:
[Picture]
I can't say if I can make in better then someone else, like the combat armor - the texture I did was worst then the original one.

Nice work on getting that wallpaper look like that, but please dont do such a mirrored APA helmet :( it just looks strange to the well known form of the helmet.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #392 on: December 03, 2010, 09:46:22 am »
Nice work on getting that wallpaper look like that, but please dont do such a mirrored APA helmet :( it just looks strange to the well known form of the helmet.
Heh, so that's where is the problem with that helmet... I just was thinking why that wezu's enclave helmet looks so weird. Thx.

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #393 on: December 03, 2010, 10:36:41 am »
That's WIP for a texture, it should be flatend so that when it's maped (projected) onto a 3d mesh the deformation is minimal and the UV can be simple-eg. cylindrical or planar maping not a full pelt unwrap. Type 'face texture' into google and see for yourself.
Anyway you can't say if a texture is good or not if you won't see it on a model.

Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

« Reply #394 on: December 03, 2010, 11:36:59 am »
this change to 3d models freaks me out. I feel that the original fallout's graphics is the last link to the original games. The 3d models we have now are bad as it is. I can't imagine what it will be like with more 3d models.

Can someone remind my why are we making this change?

P.S. I miss 2d rats and their squeeking sounds

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #395 on: December 03, 2010, 02:21:33 pm »
Vin, best answer has already been:

Are You for real?
You're saying that this:

is better then this:

?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #396 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:04 pm »
who decided which one looks better?

did I miss a meeting?

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #397 on: December 03, 2010, 03:02:57 pm »
It is a rhetorical question.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 03, 2010, 03:08:12 pm »
this change to 3d models freaks me out. I feel that the original fallout's graphics is the last link to the original games.
Play then original Fallout games, if you like old graphics.
I have no other worries about 3d models... except how server can manage them..

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #399 on: December 03, 2010, 04:00:35 pm »
Don't have to worry about the server I think, the server don't draw the 3d model for you, the server keeps in mind where you are, where you are going and what you are doing.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #400 on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:25 am »
Play then original Fallout games, if you like old graphics.

I couldn't think of that myself, thank you. looks like you have a perfect advice for every occasion, runboy93

« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2010, 06:35:26 am »
That's WIP for a texture, it should be flatend so that when it's maped (projected) onto a 3d mesh the deformation is minimal and the UV can be simple-eg. cylindrical or planar maping not a full pelt unwrap. Type 'face texture' into google and see for yourself.
Anyway you can't say if a texture is good or not if you won't see it on a model.

Even when its projected onto a model, it'll look weird.  It should have a hose on one side of the face and a filter (or whatever it is) on the other side.  Yours has the filter on both sides.

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2010, 11:39:40 am »
Even when its projected onto a model, it'll look weird.  It should have a hose on one side of the face and a filter (or whatever it is) on the other side.  Yours has the filter on both sides.
WIP=Work In Progress.
If I was to make the model and UV I'd make it only for one side and just mirrored it to the other. There's no normal mapping so tangent/bi-normal vectors are not important, and you can have virtualy double sized textures this way. Both the filter and the tube would have its own geometry and a seperate UV that would be later merged into one texture. The texture for the mask needs to be projected from the front and the the rest of it wraped around (or the oposite if you want to have the seam on the front). The details like the filter and tubes need to be wraped  aroud by a texture two but at a diferent angle, along its local Z-axis (in z up). But you must know that, since this is basic stuff.

Anyway, keep yer pants on, I'm not doing the mesh, I'm not doing the texture. Maybe I'll help later if someone will ask me to.

« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:19 pm »
@wezu:

good powerarmor texture! But can you make the colour like here:

So it would look like the original sprite, maybe you can change it...
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2010, 11:44:22 am »
I''ll leave that to Gray, Graf and all the other artists involved, I'm sure they can manage it (probably better than I can without seeing it on the model).