Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611872 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2010, 08:35:49 pm »
Did someone make apa enclave model?
Made by Gray
But it isn't completed yet.

« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2010, 12:14:08 am »
Cool, looks way better than the one that was in Fallout 3 in example...

« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:01 pm »
hi, everyone, i would like to  help with 3d modelling, but i don't know how its organised... Can anybody tell me, what needs to be done? + Can you guys tell me where i can find (if available) some guide to optimize the model for engine? I would like to create some armor model - it would be an honor;) but if they are all assigned, or done, i'll gladly help with anything else (critters, also humanoids, anything).. looking forward to help!

- here's some shows of my works (second row is the funart for Fonline):
  http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4223/showkov.jpg

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:59 pm »
3d graphics development tracker

check that site out, if you see something that haven't been done then do it ;) If you think you can make a better model than an already finished one (but one that haven't been accepted) then go for it :P

keep polycount low, check all the models to see what amount the poly should be.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2010, 06:25:31 pm »
Hey Spark, if you could help with making of 3D model of armor, then it could be much more helpful, than making weapon models. Here's how it's done:
You could start from the most easy armor - Robe. There is some pictures which could help you.
here's some useful information for 3D modelling in FO:

Bod - body, Fee - boots, Han - gloves, Hea - helmet, Sho - shoulders. These parts are made as separate objects, and if you will be combining it, you should do it without of bones, otherwise you could mix up something. And when you will be releasing a scene from combined elements, don't forget which element was there at the beginning and which one just for correct combining, or you could lost connection of armor to bones, which would make your work useless.  

For creation of armor, you'll need this file - ATR_Hum***_BodPrisonSuit.max (leather armor), ATR_Hum***_BodVaultSuit.max (metal armor, combat armor). where *** - is a gender and constitution. F-female, M-male, Fat-heavy Nor-normal, Str-tendinous, Wir-thin. For example, ATR_HumMStr_BodVaultSuit.max - is a vault suit, for tedious constitution, male. Thus, for each king of armor you should make an 8 variants of armor, though it's not that difficult as it sounds. Main work is to make two normal models for each gender and after that the critter (Fat, Str, Wir)  are combined (Import->Merge)  with the scene and part of model are joint together, to close bulging parts of a critter (don't forget to delete a critter after the work are finished). After that, the scene are saved with fitting name.
Here's the example of completed armor:

All necessary files could be downloaded here

Good luck with it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:27:38 pm by Graf »

Offline Gray

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2010, 08:51:49 am »
Can anybody tell me, what needs to be done?
Generally, I am almost finishing all available armor pack, compatible with VB vodels. Only leather and robe needs to be done, but I'll do it in a nearest months (I work better in winter).
Weapons are done too (some of them need an optimisation, but generally, they are done).
If you are good in animation, you should try to make missing animations (for example rifle shooting)

PS your model looks pretty good.

PPS my own textures are awfull, i need help with them.

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:18 am »
They should make a place for all armors on the fonline wiki :P just like there is a weapon section.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2010, 09:01:01 am »
Very good news to hear from Gray! Thank you, man. Keep modelling! :D
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2010, 10:39:20 am »
They should make a place for all armors on the fonline wiki :P just like there is a weapon section.
You could do it yourself actually, since wiki are open now.

« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:32 pm »
heres my first attempt at 3d modlen

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »
heres my first attempt at 3d modlen
coyuld you make a texture for that model?

« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2010, 11:31:52 pm »
im gonna try my bros way better than me hes gonna help just needed to know if it was good enough or needed work its got  516 polly i figure its to much but i cant get it down more w/o main mans opinion

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2010, 11:20:34 am »
Well, for a rare weapon like that I think it's okay, but if you can (want to) you could try and tone it down. Looks really good ^^

gogo awesome texture!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:10 pm »
im gonna try my bros way better than me hes gonna help just needed to know if it was good enough or needed work its got  516 polly i figure its to much but i cant get it down more w/o main mans opinion
It's better to make a texure from original sprite, like it's done here:

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2010, 01:29:39 pm »
wow, that one looks awesome, don't think I've seen it before :/