"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:26:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: a little surprise  (Read 6241 times)

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
a little surprise
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »

Full view:
http://pistacja69.deviantart.com/art/A-surprise-Fallout-version-180733379

..there's also a version without the jumpsuit, but You'll have to find it by yourself ;)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: a little surprise
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:05:30 pm »

Hmm, looks like you're good at 3D modelling. Maybe you would be capable to make a missing armors for 3D models?
btw, nude version is cool also ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:27:01 am by Graf »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:03:37 am »

I am sure Solar would approve. ;D

It looks good, but the.. ehm.. "Front Part" looks like it has a bit weird proportions. ;)

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:45:20 am »

I'm not very good with low-poly, but I can give it a shot if I had a base mesh to start with.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:01:42 am »

I'm not very good with low-poly, but I can give it a shot if I had a base mesh to start with.
You could start from the most easy armor - Robe. There is some pictures which could help you.
here's some useful information for 3D modelling in FO:

Bod - body, Fee - boots, Han - gloves, Hea - helmet, Sho - shoulders. These parts are made as separate objects, and if you will be combining it, you should do it without of bones, otherwise you could mix up something. And when you will be releasing a scene from combined elements, don't forget which element was there at the beginning and which one just for correct combining, or you could lost connection of armor to bones, which would make your work useless. 

For creation of armor, you'll need this file - ATR_Hum***_BodPrisonSuit.max (leather armor), ATR_Hum***_BodVaultSuit.max (metal armor, combat armor). where *** - is a gender and constitution. F-female, M-male, Fat-heavy Nor-normal, Str-tendinous, Wir-thin. For example, ATR_HumMStr_BodVaultSuit.max - is a vault suit, for tedious constitution, male. Thus, for each king of armor you should make an 8 variants of armor, though it's not that difficult as it sounds. Main work is to make two normal models for each gender and after that the critter (Fat, Str, Wir)  are combined (Import->Merge)  with the scene and part of model are joint together, to close bulging parts of a critter (don't forget to delete a critter after the work are finished). After that, the scene are saved with fitting name.
Here's the example of completed armor:

All necessary files could be downloaded here

Good luck with it.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »

It looks like those files were saved with 3ds max 2010, I'm using  the 2009 version and I can't open them.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 08:58:31 pm »

It looks like those files were saved with 3ds max 2010, I'm using  the 2009 version and I can't open them.
Yes, they are saved in 2010. Tomorrow i'll upload these models in .3ds format.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »

@Graf - Could you please upload them in some format that blender can open as well BTW?

On topic - I'm glad to see someone that knows whats what with the 3d modelling - i envy you as well. On the other hand I don't really like this girl's breast - its to... erm... flappy?

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:07 pm »

c'mon thats how REAL breast look like :P

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:29 pm »

Sometimes - Maybe that "part" of this lady is just not in my type ;) I'm not saying that the model isn't great though!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 04:58:34 am »

@Graf - Could you please upload them in some format that blender can open as well BTW?

On topic - I'm glad to see someone that knows whats what with the 3d modelling - i envy you as well. On the other hand I don't really like this girl's breast - its to... erm... flappy?

please send all floppy breast undesirables you meet to me. the particular one in that picture of the 3d model lady, is completely incest worthy

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 09:51:31 pm »

.max is a bitchy proprietary Autodesk format.

If someone has 3ds max, he could export the meshes to .OBJ and repost it here. Then it could be opened with Blender, without skeleton and rig of course.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:35 am »

Sorry, I hadn't enough time to complete export of models. Could anyone tell me - is normal (not 2010 version) .max format would be working ok with previous versions?
And one more thing. Since there is near 700 files which should be coverted, it take A LOT of time, so maybe there is some way to convert all of them simultaneously?

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

I can't say for sure what will work... maybe before you start  converting all the 700 files, try it with one or two files and I can try to open them in max 2009 and 7 (not 2007, just 7).

Anyway the best file format would be Collada (.dae), just not the  the import/export scripts that ship with 3dsmax, they are totally and utterly crap. From my experience OpenCollada scripts work best.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 07:55:39 pm »

I can't say for sure what will work... maybe before you start  converting all the 700 files, try it with one or two files and I can try to open them in max 2009 and 7 (not 2007, just 7).
Yeah, try this please.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.