Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611851 times)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
It appears that nobody is doing anything to this game anymore.

That's not true. Don't worry. ;)

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »
That's not true. Don't worry. ;)
I agree with elmehdi.
There is lot of do, but no one do anything about them.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »
Yes yes, don't be decieved by the lack of updates, things are still whirring away behind the scenes.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2010, 05:36:58 pm »
But devs don't work on 3D era. The 3D thing can only be done by our modders (yes, like Elmehdi :D) so as soon as they complete what needs to be done, 3D era will be implemented or something like that. Which is why the discussion about changelogs is irrelevant :p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »
You see, Izual, lack of changelogs is a valid issue, because it indicates that the project is quite dead. It’s the impression that not only I have and it demotivates from any serious contribution. I believe that this might be the main reason why people stopped making 3d models (I know I did).

« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »
You see, Izual, lack of changelogs is a valid issue, because it indicates that the project is quite dead. It’s the impression that not only I have and it demotivates from any serious contribution. I believe that this might be the main reason why people stopped making 3d models (I know I did).

You are not new here Elemhdi, you know how it works. Every wipe they introduce a huge amount of changes, instead of doing small changes every week as they used to do in the beginning of the project.

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »
You are not new here Elemhdi, you know how it works. Every wipe they introduce a huge amount of changes, instead of doing small changes every week as they used to do in the beginning of the project.

But afaik no wipe is coming.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2010, 06:06:29 pm »
But afaik no wipe is coming.
Don't forgot "Soon" :)

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2010, 06:08:38 pm »
This is called Domination and exists as a design doc since several weeks already. Testbed for it is supposed to come around in August, and will continue to expand as a part of a larger NPC factions system overhaul.

So new changes are coming, I don't know about wipe.

Offline Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2010, 06:11:52 pm »
Still it seems like there is no official statement for 3d modelers about their work. Even if someone finish all the weapon models whats next? Why don't you advertise on forums and game launcher that you are looking for skilled 3d modelers to finish what is started? As I've said it was 3d era boom when the server was down for a few days so everyone was bored and even noobs like me tried to do some simple 3d models. But after that 1-2 week era everyone (even those skilled modders) gave up and no one is doing anything about it anymore.

Where are people like Karpov, bikkebakke, Giemz and so on? Elmehdi seems to be only active 3d modeler left. Anyway what is the status with "WAITING FOR CORRECTION" stuff? Is it uploaded somewhere so someone else than original author can correct these models?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:13:25 pm by Sius »

« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »
My guess would be that it's out of 2238's hands. They can have some input, but they're at the mercy of when Cvet decides 3D is ready.

Offline Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
My guess would be that it's out of 2238's hands. They can have some input, but they're at the mercy of when Cvet decides 3D is ready.

The technology is already done, its models that are holding this down (not that I would prefer 3d models over old ones but the pros are too good). Well at least thats what I've heard.

« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2010, 06:26:42 pm »
Did the female skeleton get tweaked? I remember reading the VB one wasn't finished, and that's why their proportions are so weird. Particularly the legs.

« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2010, 06:37:16 pm »
Anyway what is the status with "WAITING FOR CORRECTION" stuff? Is it uploaded somewhere so someone else than original author can correct these models?

As far as I remember SmartCheetah uploaded some untextured models for others to complete. I don't know anything about others, but I didn't upload my unfinnished weapons anywhere. Gauss rifle and gauss pistol need total remoddelling, so anyone  who is willing to make them, would have to start from scratch. M60 is done:

But they didn't like it, they wanted oryginal which is:

... and not only it doesn’t resemble anything but it’s so freaking ugly that I didn’t want to make it :-P.

LSW and pulse rifle just need some texture remaking which I should be able to complete quickly.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2010, 06:38:57 pm »
Well, your M60 looks good. In the right direction, with some colour change and with a bi-pod it will be similar to the original one. Anyway glad to see we're moving forward :)

Edit : Forget what I said about the bi-pod, wouldn't work in 3D :p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer