Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611867 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2055 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »
Sadly, yes - as much as I thoght I would get some more time to work on 3D when the school starts, I was absolutely wrong. Altough it's only the 8th september, I already need to finish 2 projects (and I won't be amazed if I got another project tomorow).
Do you have any thoughts on what I should focus on?
Technically, I would say the main priority is armours and critters.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2056 on: September 09, 2011, 10:57:55 am »
Do you have any thoughts on what I should focus on?

Well, I suggest you to work on the rigging of the completed armors and clothes (or maybe even model sets - for different body types). This is what only you and Karpov can do so far, while we can take care of the rest.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2057 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:04 am »
Cool. I'll see about finishing up the tutorial during next week as well.

I should be able to do something with the body types, but if I rig them in Fragmotion, they can't be animated using the biped system in Max - they'd have to be done using basic skeleton animation - though it should still be possible to do this in Max, Blender or Fragmotion, you'd just not have the biped system that Karpov had been using to make things easier. Initially, they can use the existing hero animations (like in my fat man tests), but at some point they'll need their own sets of animation.

« Reply #2058 on: September 09, 2011, 11:27:55 am »
wow! guys You do great job! :)
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

« Reply #2059 on: September 21, 2011, 10:10:59 pm »

http://www.2shared.com/file/H-tQ0U0S/BowArrowsQuiver.html
Я знаю, что анимации для лука вряд ли когда-либо будут сделаны. Ну авось у кого-нибудь руки таки через год-полтора дойдут и до лука. Пусть валяются.

Изначально была идея сделать два лука, Tribal Bow - это типа дикарский, и Blow Bow, который стрелял бы стрелами с гранатами вместо наконечника. Как в Рембо 2. Кто не видел смотрите ролик:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIi4Fe6jRHo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIi4Fe6jRHo</a>

Пишите, если будет путаница с текстурами\материалами, так как я еще не до конца разобрался. Мог напутать в названиях. Алсо, развёртку нужно добавлять?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2060 on: September 21, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »

Я знаю, что анимации для лука вряд ли когда-либо будут сделаны.

Yes, the animations are missing.. But your model (is that yours) looks pretty good - I really hope one of these days someone will create an animation for it.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2061 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »
Very good. A crossbow would be a good addition as well, as it can likely use one of the existing rifle animations.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #2062 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »
nice bow and arrow, it would fit in really good with tribals and as a lowlvl weapon that doesn't have to rely on gunpowder (except for the bombarrow). Wood and flint + axe to create XX amount of normal arrows?

And then it is the eternal question, where does a bow fit in, I'm just throwing in my vote to small gun, because I don't see it as a throwing weapon :P
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2063 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:33 am »
Just googletranslated the writing (I only looked at the picture before) - I wouldn't worry too much about the animation. It will be possible - but it may be low priority at the moment compared to some of the other things which need doing.

The hardest animation work is what Karpov has already done, and what he is doing now - which is trying to match original animations (despite different frame rates etc).

Compared to this, adding extra animations to existing characters would be relatively easy, as the animations can be adjusted from what has already been created. I did a couple of test animations recently to see if it was possible - none of them are useful or worth looking at, but technically the process worked. As said, Karpov has done a lot of the most difficult work already. If you think of texturing, it can be much easier to adjust or recolour a texture once someone has created the original, compared to making an entirely new one yourself.

Regarding game implementation / skill stuff - it's probably not something we have to worry too much about at this stage - it may even be the case that the devs don't want this sort of weapon in 2238 - but other mods made from the same 3D resources will do. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with it being under thrown or small gun (maybe crossbow under small gun, bow under thrown?). Crafting suggestion seems good to me also.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2064 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:21 pm »
Yeah, I'm back (actually back since the 28th), working on stuff, I ain't gone :).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2065 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:16 pm »
Excellent :)

Anything you're particularly interested in focusing on? If not, might be good to try a couple of hair bits, or beards etc as we haven't really tested these yet.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2066 on: October 01, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »
I'm working on where I left off - making armors/clothings compatible with all body types.

« Reply #2067 on: October 02, 2011, 08:53:57 am »
Started a reworking on the supermutant to solve some issues that would probably made the first one hard for animating and expanding with armors. Graf dropped me a massage which contained the reference picture I'm using for this and just like with all models I posted I try to build it based on Karpov's work for compatibility. Some fault can be seen which I will correct poly count will be a bit higher then on human chars. His pose will be made human like when the missing parts added and I correct some on the shape.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2068 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:55 pm »
This is looking excellent, Jotisz. Let me know if you want the UV map thing doing like with the previous one.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2069 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »
Lookin' good so far!  8)