Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611895 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2040 on: August 28, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »
Howdy there, lads!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l4nec1 <- female skins .jpg pack (normal + irezumi)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7auhs <- PSD file. Helpful for further editing/adding additional skins/layers. Little messy, but this is how I like to work, lol!

No preview this time. Why? Because with our new lovely shaders it won't look the same way as in dxviewer. It would be great if one of our boys could make a preview of that in game, putting a girl next to tattooed male or something. I got totally no idea how it will look.
It might be changed or whatever - time will tell. As for now these should help making hairstyles and other stuff for women toons.

Oh, right, and our ultimate skin colour pallete. It might change to fit original game better:
Yellow - e4d478   45% w/o luminosity
Tanned - cb983e   50% w/o luminosity
brown - 805202    95% w/o luminosity
arabic - 786b54   70% w/o luminosity
pale - 0c0802     65% W   luminosity
black - 0c0802    95% w/o luminosity
d.Tanned - ab6c09 65% w/o luminosity
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:32:12 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2041 on: August 28, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
Very good Cheetah, I'll put some specular map on them. Also I'm going to have to apply some censorship, there are children in the wasteland you know  ;)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2042 on: August 28, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »
Also I'm going to have to apply some censorship, there are children in the wasteland you know  ;).

In my opinion, that's not the best idea. I think, that at least while our project isn't released, we can keep such things. And even after release some people may wish to keep it, because this game isn't for children, you know. Fallout 1 and 2 originally had R(18+) rating, so that's ok to have a partial nudity in Fonline.

Oh, and great work on the tattoos, Cheetah ;)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2043 on: August 28, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »
In my opinion, that's not the best idea. I think, that at least while our project isn't released, we can keep such things. And even after release some people may wish to keep it, because this game isn't for children, you know. Fallout 1 and 2 originally had R(18+) rating, so that's ok to have a partial nudity in Fonline.

I believe he was just joking. ;)

No one with half a brain should be concerned about nudity. If there are people giggling like little schoolkids about such trivial stuff, it's not really our problem.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2044 on: August 29, 2011, 01:04:55 am »
I meant underwear, the textures SmartCheetah uploaded are totally naked. Of course is not for "censorship"  ;) , it's just that the models are meant to be dressed, that's how they were modelled, male has underwear, if he had genitals then it would be impossible to paint some pants over him. Same thing for the woman, painting clothes over her bare breasts would look like some kind of body painting, so to avoid that I modelled as if she was dressed.

Check this old picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg140/scaled.php?server=140&filename=hairstylesd.jpg&res=medium

I could have modelled it just like the girl in the loading screen, the one with the magazine that says "into the wasteland", but the shirt wouldn't look natural that way.

Ok, I tested them, they work fine. I'll upload them soon.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #2045 on: August 29, 2011, 09:02:59 am »
I meant underwear, the textures SmartCheetah uploaded are totally naked. Of course is not for "censorship"  ;) , it's just that the models are meant to be dressed, that's how they were modelled, male has underwear, if he had genitals then it would be impossible to paint some pants over him. Same thing for the woman, painting clothes over her bare breasts would look like some kind of body painting, so to avoid that I modelled as if she was dressed.

I'm pretty sure after that most players will retexture the modells as they please. Maybe even make them naked who knows.

« Reply #2046 on: August 29, 2011, 04:05:55 pm »
No problem to have nude/dressed/topless versions :P Whatever one wants.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2047 on: August 29, 2011, 08:48:38 pm »
The Fallout games are rated M for a reason. We don't need to fix something that is caused by dumb humans.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2048 on: August 30, 2011, 09:49:59 am »
They aren't rated M in germany. Fo1 and 2 are both rated with the age of 16.

Not that it matters much.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2049 on: August 30, 2011, 09:53:07 am »
same in Romania

also movies rated 15+ here have tits, and films rated 12+ or PA have sex scenes(well, only a man and woman in bed riding one and other)

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #2050 on: August 30, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »
They aren't rated M in germany. Fo1 and 2 are both rated with the age of 16.

Gotta add that german version of Fo1 and 2 came with the standard death animation only and children were removed. I think thats the main reason. (You are still able to encounter children on the westcoast and obtain your childkiller perk there, i think the censors forgot that encounter). Partial nudity in germany is not much a problem as violence is. You could say the counter-part to USA.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2051 on: August 30, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »
Well, nobody will care about that anyway, as the game will never be rated by the USK or similar stuff.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2052 on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »
Okay, here's some latest stuff I'd like to show up. Some of them had been made by myself, others was greatly contributed by this guy. Actual credits can be seen on the tracker as usually. Hopefully there will be more models coming soon.

Also, I'd like to note that there was little to no news lately, so it may be a right time to gather here and finish up the missing stuff. I particularly mean reshaping of the existing armors, rigging and other stuff like that. There's not that much left undone, so let's not abandon this project!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:04:22 pm by Graf »

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #2053 on: September 08, 2011, 03:58:45 pm »
I really like your works, Graf. They're looking awesome.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2054 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19:17 pm »
Also, I'd like to note that there was little to no news lately, so it may be a right time to gather here and finish up the missing stuff. I particularly mean reshaping of the existing armors, rigging and other stuff like that. There's not that much left undone, so let's not abandon this project!

I'm just coming to the end of a really long and time consuming work contract. In theory, I should have it mostly wrapped up by the weekend, then I can actually have some time off - and should be able to get a lot of stuff done here.

A couple of background things that haven't been mentioned :
- Karpov checked my test armour rigs and they're technically fine / compatible etc. There's a few tweaks that need to be made, but essentially it works. This also means I can finish writing up the tutorial for how I've done these. This should mean that anyone who can follow a few quick instructions will be able to help with this :)
- The same rigging process above should be usable for weapons and "misc objects", and with a little more tweaking, potentially body types.
- Karpov is currently testing things with the female animations and death animations. The death animation involves slicing the body model into sections. Once he's finished his initial ones, we'll need to slice all armours in a similar manner.
- I've been looking into the proto files and stuff, to try and find out how to link the models to the in-game objects i.e. wear a leather jacket adds the leather jacket model. When I reach success, I'll let people know.

If I do have this "free time" coming up, I'll likely be able to do quite a lot of work on this stuff in a small amount of time, before my next work contracts start up again. Do you have any thoughts on what I should focus on?