Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611780 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1965 on: July 23, 2011, 09:01:17 pm »
A couple of them maybe look a bit too bulky on the models to me - like the belt / pockets bit is too far from the waist.

Should the armours "cling to the body" a bit closer, do you think? i.e. should a dwarf have a smaller dwarf-sized armour, or should he have a normal sized one that is a bit big on him (like a child wearing his father's clothes)?

Other than that, this is great progress - really good to see.

Regarding race based armours etc - I'd suggest making them anyway, then let devs decide which / how it is implemented in game. Also, I have no idea if it's possible to restrict armours to particular character types.

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
« Reply #1966 on: July 23, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »
Deicide, we already have more than 100 weapons and only 10 or so of them are used. So, there's no sense in adding new useless stuff.

Well, I just noticed that useless stuff such as "baked bread," "tin can" and "rock" were being made into 3D models. Just thought I'd suggest though. Thanks for answering.
Endless energies of the living,
Summoned by thee.
I am the source of the magic.
I am never ending.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1967 on: July 23, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »
I think the bread/can/rock stuff were part of the "things which are already in game" - which, though they don't do much, aren't adding anything new in terms of content, and as they could be held in hand, need to be able to visible in hand for consistency.

Adding a bow would need an extra animation adding to it - though a crossbow could possibly work with existing pistol / rifle animations. Anyway, maybe not much use for 2238, but I'd definitely see potential for other mods wanting such weapons, post 3D era.

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
« Reply #1968 on: July 24, 2011, 02:49:57 am »
Adding a bow would need an extra animation adding to it - though a crossbow could possibly work with existing pistol / rifle animations. Anyway, maybe not much use for 2238, but I'd definitely see potential for other mods wanting such weapons, post 3D era.

What a professional answer. Thanks, Luther. I see now. I completely forgot about the need for the new animation. I was mainly thinking about the stuff like the motorcycle that was made for the 2238, but was never in another fallout. But thanks man. Makes perfect sense now.
Summoned by thee.
I am never ending.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1969 on: July 24, 2011, 11:40:41 am »
Problems with bow that have been discussed before:
 * Needs new animations.
 * Has no real skill for it - small guns seems wrong, while throwing is also not what we are looking for.
 * Would require balance to make it useful but not more powerful than those other guns.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1970 on: July 24, 2011, 12:53:26 pm »
Deicide, they don't like sarcasm in their adress here. But you can model and animate the bow, however, it won't be implemented until all original weapons are modeled, animated and properly balanced.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #1971 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:35 pm »
I almost finished tweaking female texture. Don't have too much time, so it takes a while longer. But I'm kina glad of effects in "normal distance".
Next step: tattoos. If ones for a male were easy, this is going to be a lot harder.

Ultimately I will end it with two options. Totally naked and topless. After that someone should play with typical female garments, hooker suits and stuff.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
« Reply #1972 on: July 24, 2011, 03:19:32 pm »
do i sense angry sarcazm ? do not troll. and about bow i've suggested it few months ago, that idea was liked.

Jesus dude! NO. That wasn't sarcasm. I got a sarcastic answer from a mod earlier and Luther was professional about answering the very same question, so I thanked him. Holy shit you guys can be touchy.

Also, I was thinking... I see the model repository for the so far made items and the ammunition came into mind. I notice that you guys have made the 3D models for new pictures for the inventory. But what about being on the ground? When ammunition is sitting on the ground, will we see what type by the inventory icon? or will we have the same old green ammunition cannister as usual?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:31:20 pm by Deicide »
Summoned by thee.
I am never ending.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1973 on: July 24, 2011, 03:55:18 pm »
As far as I'm aware, the 3D objects will be used for :
a) In the hand, carried by player
b) On the floor

However, I'm not sure if the "on the floor" will be for ALL objects, or just those with a generic sprite i.e. all ammo currently uses the same green box - so this is likely to be replaced. Armours currently have unique floor sprites, so I'm not sure if they will be left as they are.

The inventory icons for anything that already exists will remain as the existing 2D sprites. Any new additions will require a new icon.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1974 on: July 24, 2011, 05:01:55 pm »
However, I'm not sure if the "on the floor" will be for ALL objects
I'm pretty sure yes. We would see these objects more on the ground than in player hands.

Also, Deicide, Graf didn't give you any sarcastic answer - there ARE 100s of guns and even less than 10 are being used. Luther's answer also wasn't professional - it seem'd he just had the common sense (Common sense is actually better than having some kind of professional skills and not knowing anything about anything else).
Also, I already told you this was suggested and you should use the button, while you clearly ignored me. Yes, maybe I'm getting a bit too "touchy", as you say, but please, check your facts before posting untrue statements.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:13:27 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
« Reply #1975 on: July 24, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure yes. We would see these objects more on the ground than in player hands.

Also, Deicide, Graf didn't give you any sarcastic answer - there ARE 100s of guns and even less than 10 are being used. Luther's answer also wasn't professional - it seem'd he just had the common sense (Common sense is actually better than having some kind of professional skills and not knowing anything about anything else).
Also, I already told you this was suggested and you should use the button, while you clearly ignored me. Yes, maybe I'm getting a bit too "touchy", as you say, but please, check your facts before posting untrue statements.

Ok. Sorry. I dont want to talk about this anymore. We can just let it go.

But anyways, back to the subject, i was wondering if each ammo sprite would be separate "on the floor" or we would have one unit sprite to show "dropped" or "placed" ammo. like Luther said, the green box will more than likely be replaced. will it be a new shiny box or just a 3d alternate of the original green ammo box?
Summoned by thee.
I am never ending.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1976 on: July 24, 2011, 07:22:57 pm »
Their 3D counterpart of the ammo. Each ammo got it's own model - so we will see the exact model of the ammo not a simple ammo box or batteries.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:26:17 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #1977 on: July 24, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »
@ Deicide http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_miscellaneous_items_development_tracker scroll down a bit there's 3d ammo, which i think will be shown dropped on ground
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1978 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »

How do you think we should deal with this for armours? Will we have to make a separate "crumpled on the floor" model for each or something? Would we also need a "held in hand" model for each?

Obviously the more "solid" armours (metal / combat / power armour etc) might be quite straightforward, as they won't bend much - but particularly things like robes, jackets and other "cloth-based" clothing would look completely different in hand and on the floor, compared to how they look when worn.

I guess the easiest solution is "all clothing is carried in a box / suitcase". Maybe not the best solution, but probably the easiest.

« Reply #1979 on: July 24, 2011, 10:20:11 pm »