Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611808 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1950 on: July 22, 2011, 02:48:51 pm »
Would quite like to see some screenies of your recent stuff if possible, Haraldx.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1951 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »
Yes, I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't fit the Fallout palette (probably), but I like it though. Now we need to reshape it to fit the rest models. Will you deal with it?

P.S. Luther, here's it. There wasn't the clothing file included, so I've recolored them by myself with hue/saturation tool.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1952 on: July 22, 2011, 03:17:06 pm »
I see only 1 version of the blue :/ I'm pretty sure I included lighter blue version and a dark blue version. (just in case the one blue doesn't look too good).
And yes, the clothing file wasn't sent (due to my own mistake) however, I can change the colors, the blue one doesn't seem to be quite right, will see if I can get the color like for the suit itself. I can try also reshaping it for the rest of the models.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:32:34 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1953 on: July 22, 2011, 03:38:44 pm »
Nice job  8)

Fine tuning of colours can always be done at a later date - we may need to redo quite a lot of the textures after changes in the lighting setup anyway, so may as well go for "usable now and perfect later". Looking good already though.

Also, I'm likely to be really busy for a few weeks, so if you (Haraldx) want to sort the suit reshaping for the other human models, that'd be awesome.

Obviously, if there's any files I've got that you'd need then let me know.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1954 on: July 22, 2011, 04:12:57 pm »
Hmm... recently getting some issues with opening the "all body types" file. Wings3D either just closes, doesn't load anything or just does some crazy shit that's hard to explain. If possible, please someone send me the Normal, Weak, Fat bodytype separated from others (different file) I'd be very thankful and I will be able to complete my "job".

Thanks in advance.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1955 on: July 22, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »
I've exported / uploaded a .wings, .3ds, and .obj of each for you :

Fat, Weak (NMBRLP) and Normal (NMNICE)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42L1HCIE

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1956 on: July 22, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »
I think I've finished reshaping the metal armors to all body types, except child and dwarf (I'm not sure about their ability to wear it anyway). Please take a look at it and tell me if it's good enough or not.

Download link
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:08:44 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1957 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:51 pm »
Looks pretty good to me.
EDIT: Graf, I completed the suit for Normal body type. I think it's good.
Download
EDIT2: Graf, I completed the fatman too.
Download
BUMP!!!
All male body types are now compatible with the suit.
Download suit for Weak body type
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:43:57 pm by Graf »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1958 on: July 23, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »
Don't you think that we may need other body types? Like those that can be seen on the encounters near Redding?

Also, I've completed the Combat Armors too.

Download link
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:08:24 pm by Graf »

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 23, 2011, 04:52:26 pm »
Heh ghoul looks nice with CA :)
Keep up good work.

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
« Reply #1960 on: July 23, 2011, 05:46:26 pm »
Has anyone thought of the possibility of making a bow and arrow as a more primitive weapon? and maybe since before the bomb, society was a little farther in advance than our current times, maybe there could have been an old dusty compound bow lying around every once in a while that made its way into a shop?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:07:27 pm by Graf »
Endless energies of the living,
Summoned by thee.
I am the source of the magic.
I am never ending.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1961 on: July 23, 2011, 06:53:01 pm »
Yes, we had that idea. Please use the button.
Don't you think that we may need other body types? Like those that can be seen on the encounters near Redding?
What do you mean? I checked the table posted by you and according to what is said there, I have made the suit compatible with all human male models. Also, what do you mean with the encounters near Redding?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:00:42 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1962 on: July 23, 2011, 07:14:14 pm »
I was talking about these guys on the screenshot, but now I see that you've made them already. So it's just my small mistake. 

I've also made a screeshots of the elegant suits.

Deicide, we already have more than 100 weapons and only 10 or so of them are used. So, there's no sense in adding new useless stuff.

Offline Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #1963 on: July 23, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »

Also, I've completed the Combat Armors too.

Download link
Shouldn't armor be race based like in Tactics? Ghoul wearing heavy combat armor isn't right. Ghouls are supposed to be weak, in Tactics they had their own armors. Not to mention the fact it would give them too much protection and it doesn't fit in gameplay wise.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1964 on: July 23, 2011, 08:55:15 pm »
If you ask me, then I'd say that it shouldn't be based on Tactics. I think, that ghouls should be able to wear light and medium armors (heavy armors should be disabled for them). They are quite weak, but no too weak to be unable to carry 9kg armor.

Though or course, it's only my opinion concerning your question and the final decision is up to developers.