Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611829 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1845 on: July 07, 2011, 09:16:34 am »
I just thought I post this here too. Based off the Raider's archlight helmet from F3/F:NV.
Bump... and new content
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco</a>

Took me some time to make the texturing, but actually came out pretty well I think.
It's been a long time since I modeled anything actually...
Might need some aligning to fit the human model perfectly.

Click me to download

Great work on the objects above. Good job on the UV maps of the humanoid models. Working now on alignemt to fit on human hero model.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1846 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15:13 pm »
Congratulations with finishing this great work on the UV's, Luther!  :) This is a very important contribution to the general work.

So, what's our next step? I guess, it some of us, who have necessary skills have to make reshaping of the armors to make them fit these body types. Others will still be doing the miscellaneous items. To help with the armors task, I've made a spreadsheet (as the temporary replacement for the armors tracker, which is pretty much useless, unless mr. Karpov will start to update the repository more often) to make the progress tracking more convenient. I'll put it in the first post of this topic as well.

Orange - applicable to this body type, but missing
Blue - not applicable to this body type
Green - done

That's how I imagine which players will be able to wear particular armor. If you have anything to add to it - please declare it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:28:25 pm by Graf »

« Reply #1847 on: July 07, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »
Access card (yellow):

Download Link

Update

Access card (red):

Download Link

Small note: While exporting this one as 3DS-file it told me, that the UVW Map Picture was renamed for unknown reason. That's why i packed this one into the rar-file too, in case you wonder about it.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:04:57 pm by Balthasar »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1848 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »
Fitted, scaled and aligned.

I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1849 on: July 07, 2011, 04:23:04 pm »
[...]That's how I imagine which players will be able to wear particular armor. If you have anything to add to it - please declare it.

Excellent work again, Graf.

Couple of bits :
1) On the hero/normal/weak/fat/various, which ones correspond to which models? I think we're missing a few character models currently, which I'd describe as :

(I'm not sure this is 100% accurate - i.e. the sand-coloured robes might be more "weak" than "junkie". Also, I didn't have the supermutant sprite to hand, but it's obvious which ones that applies to).
GREEN = Got
RED = Not got
= sign = I'm pretty sure these are off the same base model at some point, so perhaps these are quite quick to do?

2) From these, are we to skip the F2 style people, and replace them with their F1 equivalents? I know a lot of people weren't exactly keen with the F2 human shape.

3) Ghoul and Supermutant (and maybe fat / dwarf etc) base textures are also a priority, but need doing by someone very skilful.

4) I'd imagine the following are fairly simple texturing jobs (i.e. no / not much modelling), if there are any volunteers :
Hero tribal - note that his "diagonal leather strap" might need to be modelled, to allow base skin texture underneath to be changed.
Hero bluesuit (I don't have this - I couldn't see it in repository)
Female tribal - bra might need to be modelled, as with male tribal above
Female bluesuit (I don't have this - I couldn't see it in repository)
Female brown clothes (2nd from right - I've seen a version of this on the forums somewhere already)
Fat man clothes
Junkie yellow clothes
Peasant clothes (although we don't have model yet, texture should work)
Strong boxer (just shorts and boots - gloves as model)
Dwarf overalls
F2 males 2nd, 3rd and 4th from left
Child clothes (even without child model, if we align UVs, then grey top, yellow trousers fits all)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:24:42 pm by Luther Blissett »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1850 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »
1) On the hero/normal/weak/fat/various, which ones correspond to which models? I think we're missing a few character models currently

I'm pretty sure we didn't missed anything, since I've beed updating the armors tracker by launching the mapper and placing every character on the map (after that I did screenshots and stuff, but it doesn't matter). So, unless there was some specific models, added to 2238 only (I don't remember any, except different hair styles and skins characters) we are good with it. Make sure to check the tracker if you still have any doubts concerning which clothes related to which body type.

2) From these, are we to skip the F2 style people, and replace them with their F1 equivalents? I know a lot of people weren't exactly keen with the F2 human shape.

I didn't get it. Is there any difference between F1 and F2 people styles?

3) Ghoul and Supermutant (and maybe fat / dwarf etc) base textures are also a priority, but need doing by someone very skilful.

This guy promised to deal with it. I assume he's really skillful in modelling and texturing, since he made a few huge mods for the F3/NV. Haven seen him for a logn time already, though.

Hero bluesuit (I don't have this - I couldn't see it in repository)
Female bluesuit (I don't have this - I couldn't see it in repository)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:00:14 pm by Graf »

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #1851 on: July 07, 2011, 06:45:18 pm »
Been a good while since we had some videos! ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1852 on: July 07, 2011, 07:29:30 pm »
So... you want videos or something? Well, it's good to just have any kind of progress going on.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1853 on: July 07, 2011, 07:53:54 pm »
If you look at diagram of sprites http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4784/humanoidspritesgotnotgo.png
and diagram of models http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/25/allmalebodytypecollectc.png
1) The model which I labelled as junkie on the model diagram :
Does this correspond to "various/junkie outfit" or "weak bodytype" on the tracker? One leans forward more, and only wears a yellow outfit. The other has the various peasant clothing.
Either way, we only have one of these two. If we have "weak", we don't have "junkie". If we have "junkie", we don't have "weak".

2) The new sprites in F2 were made from completely different models (probably because they lost the originals) If you look at sprite diagram, they're very "stiff looking", the shadows are "wrong" when compared with F1 sprites, and the angle of the models is slightly different.

They're the ones labelled as "normal bodytype" and "female normal" on the tracker. We don't have models for either of these currently. We also don't have a model for the F2 ghoul (ghoul scavenger on tracker).
- so should we add them, or just use the "hero", "weak", "female hero" and "ghoul" shapes for them?

3&4) Excellent :)

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1854 on: July 07, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »
bumpilibump

I do want to see some videos as well, just want to see... stuff people have done...
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1855 on: July 07, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
@ the weak/junkie thing... Oh snap, damn, you are right... I think!

Made an NCR Veteran armor icon, the picture was found on Google, I just cropped out the background, resized it, turned it a bit and BAM, here we have it. Should I remove the reflections?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1856 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:02 pm »
I do want to see some videos as well, just want to see... stuff people have done...

For any new videos, we need new things in the repository / game engine etc. I can move dots and lines around, make basic models and textures, but I don't have the skill and knowledge to do the complex work like rigging and animating the models, or implementing them into the repository. Currently, I think all of this work has to go through Karpov - unless some more people want to learn how all that stuff works... any volunteers?

[...]Made an NCR Veteran armor icon[...]

Looks fine to me - though I don't know if there's a problem with taking google image or whether it should be a render from the model we have (i.e. copyright things etc).

Regardless, we do need inventory icons doing for all the new models / clothings etc - I don't know the best way of doing this (maybe importing model into 3D program, print screen, crop bits out with photoshop?), but if you're willing to try with some of the others, I think it would be very useful.

« Reply #1857 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:17 pm »
Regardless, we do need inventory icons doing for all the new models / clothings etc - I don't know the best way of doing this (maybe importing model into 3D program, print screen, crop bits out with photoshop?), but if you're willing to try with some of the others, I think it would be very useful.

If those are really needed the best way would be to just render each model quick and save the rendered picture as png-file (dunno if gifs work with FO engine). This way, at least you don't need to crop away some background. Of course this should be made by only a few guys and/or there should be some general guideline how it should be done (i.e. angle, size, light etc.) to make them look similar.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:05:04 pm by Balthasar »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1858 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:58 pm »
Hmmm... maybe... maybe...

All my images already have alpha and are saved in PNG format.
Gray robe.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1859 on: July 07, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »
I got a message from Jotisz, who is working on other body type (whichever junkie/weak is missing), children, critter models and ghoul texture. So all is looking good :D