Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 129166 times)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2011, 12:27:17 pm »
gecho head helmet
golden gecho head helmet

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:12 pm »
I really like the idea in theory, but wonder if the desert's a bit too warm for furs. However, some fur or skin based clothing items would certainly allow a bit of customisation for those wishing to play tribal characters. Definitely worth thinking about.

It usually gets really cold during night in the desert, so it would make sense. ;)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »
Very good point.

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »
not only that but most of california experiences very polarized seasons, there is a lot of snow during winter in many parts and even after nuclear holocaust the earth still rotates the sun in the same way.

The pictures I posted are all american attires, many of the people portrayed there are from western america

Offline Jackall

• This is a mean old world.
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2011, 10:29:18 pm »
Since there are propositions of armors inspired by F3/FNV, I'd loved these.

Merc charmer outfit, could also be a different colour, like brown.

Metal helmet.

Raider's Archlight helmet.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2011, 07:29:51 pm »

Offline Sheisserick

• Drugdealer - PM me
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »
I would just like to see robes in more colours than just sand and purple.. (and rare bridgekeeper-greys)

Obviously dying cloth is possible, when the CoC have fancy dress robes like the purple.. why wouldnt it be possible to find green, blue, red ect.?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:34:37 pm by Sheisserick »
"Once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can!"

Implement Auctions in FLC banks
Endgame idea

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »
I can't think of any reason why there'd be a problem with reskinning / recolouring some of the existing models (like robes) to add more colours - it's easy to make (just hue shift part of the texture), and as far as I can tell, would be relatively easy to implement in game.

If the colour exists on one of the other items of clothing, it's probably fair to say any other "shape" of clothing could be that colour too if it's wanted - i.e. normal guy in town has a yellow top and grey trousers, "hillbilly" has a green top with a brown waitcoast, so any other cloth can realistically be yellow, grey, green or brown without looking wrong.

Technically, I can't see any problem with doing medic armour either - again, just a reskinning - though the logo part would probably need to be much bigger. Of course, ultimately it's all down to dev's decision whether they want / need any of these in game.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:37:04 pm by Luther Blissett »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »
that is why we are making 3D, so we can color items withoud making 750 spites for it

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2011, 02:05:16 pm »
750? You mean 10.000+ frames.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2011, 03:10:16 pm »
better 9000+
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:17:35 pm by Graf »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »
No, one player character is at least 10.000 frames of work, not less.

I think someone calculated the correct amount of frames already. Either x'il or pixote, I don't remember. Not that it matters anything for us, though.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2011, 05:11:04 pm »
well, the point is that is better to do aa new texture or in whorst case scenario a new model/ animation than an ass-load of frames that wastea an other ass-load of memory

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2011, 02:01:19 pm »

Oooh, that interests me! Might try making that.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2011, 08:18:54 pm »
Bump... and new content
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco</a>

Took me some time to make the texturing, but actually came out pretty well I think.
It's been a long time since I modeled anything actually...
Might need some aligning to fit the human model perfectly.

Click me to download
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.