Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 129643 times)

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »
the year on the image is 2228 not 2238

He's implying they have been around for 100 years...

Offline Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:26 pm »
He's implying they have been around for 100 years...
I had to

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:14 pm »
Anybody here willing to make this?

Would be very usefull for raiders or robber's or a quest item or something.

I was also thinking that instead of seeing combat armor's all over you could make a riot gear armor

And we could replace the helmet with the mask that I showed you above and look very very cool.

And this is how it could turn out.

This is romanian riot control force.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:34:15 pm by Gob »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2011, 05:41:54 am »
These are real life riot armors and have nothing to do with the Fallout ones. Besides that, the Combat Armors "cousin" is the LAPD riot armor, being used by desert rangers and looking almost the same.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2011, 02:08:54 pm »
i tryed to make this

but it doesn't work veary well
the main thing is is an importat piece of gear in the wasteland

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »
I have a few suggestions for new clothes which are interesting to use in Fallout/FOnline universe. I don't graphic so I can't do this but maybe you can make these armors/suits for us. WE NEED IT!
First is Nuclear suit

It will be protect your body from radiation of course or poison or something else what you want.

Second, for women players suit (Tina from Mad Max)

Third suggestion is from great movie series sci-fi, Planet of the Apes. Maybe do clothes like this (of course for humans or ghouls!)

@Gob I love your suggestion about black mask. It's great and I want it in FOnline!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2011, 02:02:40 pm »
We have an environmental armor already and it's enough. Moreover, there's no multicolor camo in Fallout canon.

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:55 am »
@Graf, ok I found enviroment armor - it's cool. Can someone make other Tactics armors?

We have Advenced Power Armor from Tactics - here (wiki)

Other armors from Tactics:

Brahmin armor

Super Mutant armor

... etc. Here is all armors from Tactics.

Back to my suggestion. Do you think Apes's clothes are usable for ghouls? IMO these clothes will be very good:)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »
The Tactics power armor is not used by us and most likely never will be (it's ugly anyway). Armors for ghouls, super mutants, etc. will be available at some point, as these might be possible player characters.

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »
From memory the brahmin armor from FT made you look like a brahmin which is a bit ridiculous.

But it got me thinking about possible 'mountain man" armor;

these could be fashioned easily out of fibre and brahmin or wolf/dog pelts (which would need to be introduced)

they would be really cool for mountain man/ trapper type chars and add some variety to early armors while fitting very well into fallout's western aesthetic.

they could also simply serve as head armor; 1 pelt equals stylish new head gear for your level 2 char. yay!

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
Come to think of it, this is actuall pretty nice, Johnny, although I'm a bit in doubt that it would fit the setting. Maybe if it would look a bit more ransacked, dirty and stenchy? Good idea nonethless, I like it.

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:46 pm »
Come to think of it, this is actuall pretty nice, Johnny, although I'm a bit in doubt that it would fit the setting. Maybe if it would look a bit more ransacked, dirty and stenchy? Good idea nonethless, I like it.

yea, the pictures I posted are just what comes up when you google 'mountain man', they would need to be adapted to the fallout world, I guess that's up to whoever designs it. However I think this armor would (and should) innately look more rugged than the current leather armor we have.

Since the setting is western wilderness I think the concept fits perfectly. With so few friendly settlements and such a harsh environment people would fashion clothes out of whatever they could.

Perhaps this could even have some sort of NPC interaction attached to it; a trapper in the north who teaches you how to make the armour? or a rare encounter with such a trapper and a certain outdoorsman requisite. Trapping is a fallout institution and this is very true to the idea of trapping.

Offline CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:47 pm »
Advanced Metal Armor  ;D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1256/

The 4th and 5th pictures could be the a example for the Advanced Metal Armor, or basically be it.
Or maybe something else O_o

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2011, 05:26:34 am »
alright, its really difficult to find a picture of what I'm thinking of here but I have done some more searching for the "mountain-man" armor I suggested and here are a few images;

from morrowind, idea of wolf (or also brahmin) head gear separate from body amour.

Maybe it should be more tribal? this is too decorative though, as were the ones in my initial post but I really like the full wolf pelt down the back

something simple like this plus the pelt in the image above could be a really good starting point although it could be rougher or patchier...

maybe the fashion world got it right

awesome?

anyway, somewhere in between all that and the other post is what I'm thinking. I'll leave it up to you guys now if you like it...

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2011, 11:19:01 am »
I really like the idea in theory, but wonder if the desert's a bit too warm for furs. However, some fur or skin based clothing items would certainly allow a bit of customisation for those wishing to play tribal characters. Definitely worth thinking about.