Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611860 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1485 on: May 07, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »

texture is a bit not correct, but I made ​​a video how to correct it.
https://rapidshare.com/files/461134780/fonline-tex-fix-to-graf.rar
Help us to keep Jagged Alliance as a turn-based game!
Please sign the petition! http://www.petitiononline.com/ja2r/petition.html

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1486 on: May 07, 2011, 06:07:47 pm »
I've tried to make a more difficult item and here's what came out:

Download link

It's a little too thin, otherwise, it looks just like the inventory image.
P.S. What else I've discovered is that modelling is quite fun :)
That's what keeps me rolling and rolling! ;D Altough I mostly make simple stuff lately, I just love the way everything looks like when the product is finished. Keep on trying, you might have some potential in you! After getting the great Gimp brushes I downloaded, I also like making some cool texture variations.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1487 on: May 07, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »
Thanks for help guys! I appreciate it. I've corrected geck somehow, hope it would be better now.

Download link

Gonna take a look at Mr_Gazo video now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:30:40 pm by Graf »

« Reply #1488 on: May 07, 2011, 06:31:56 pm »
Ahaha, is that Ronald Reagan on the cigarette pack?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1489 on: May 07, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »
Ahaha, is that Ronald Reagan on the cigarette pack?

Damn! It's him!  ;D I didn't mentioned that.

Offline Gray

« Reply #1490 on: May 07, 2011, 07:02:30 pm »
Comments?
Looks just dirty. Armor parts blends with each other.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1491 on: May 07, 2011, 07:02:53 pm »
The more bored I get, the slower I work :-\
Looks just dirty. Armor parts blends with each other.
Yeah, remaking it already.

Metal parts, junk, ores missing in Wiki?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:05:14 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1492 on: May 07, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »
Need to fix something? A Super Tool could help:

EDIT: Misspelling corrected.

Im a bit new to the 3D stuff so some noob mistakes could be in there. I tried to keep the Polys as low as possible and i hope this could be of any use. Also, im not really good in doing the texturing. I saw some really good work in here already and im sure if this model is ok for use, someone with the right skills could texture it in an appropriate way.

Download File
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:34:34 pm by Balthasar »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1493 on: May 07, 2011, 07:14:09 pm »
1st - Actually it is Snap-off not Snapp-off
2nd - You tried to keep the poly count as low as possible? How is that possible if you add so many detail? Remove the side thingies - it will be a texture, make the lock thingy with 5 edges or remove it completely, the handle has those 2 things near it - remove them completely or make them very low poly.
3rd - overally, it's definitely not made for FOnline due to its huge waste of polies, but as a model, it's great! Nah, great is'nt the correct word... the model is much better than "great".

4th - If you don't mind, I can make a low-poly version or I will reserve the model for you. Your call.
5th - downloaded the model, remove the text, it will be texture. Also, make it a box, don't use slopes.

EDIT: Making the last model for today, playing Fallout 2 with restoration patch for the rest of the time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:28:54 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Gray

« Reply #1494 on: May 07, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »
Mentats (made it by myself)
I got it.

https://rapidshare.com/files/461150680/Mentats.rar

P.S. anyone may "age" the texture to make it looks old.

« Reply #1495 on: May 07, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »
1st - Actually it is Snap-off not Snapp-off
2nd - You tried to keep the poly count as low as possible? How is that possible if you add so many detail? Remove the side thingies - it will be a texture, make the lock thingy with 5 edges or remove it completely, the handle has those 2 things near it - remove them completely or make them very low poly.
3rd - overally, it's definitely not made for FOnline due to its huge waste of polies, but as a model, it's great! Nah, great is'nt the correct word... the model is much better than "great".

4th - If you don't mind, I can make a low-poly version or I will reserve the model for you. Your call.

EDIT: Making the last model for today, playing Fallout 2 with restoration patch for the rest of the time.

You're right...of course its "Snap" ;)...changed it (New Version here) and i would be glad if you could do the low poly version.

Thx in advance

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1496 on: May 07, 2011, 07:35:25 pm »
Basically, it will need a WHOLE lot of removing unneeded edges. Think of an aged game... Try to make things as simple as possible. Most details will be done with textures. Working on flamer fuel, will work on your tool box tomorow.

« Reply #1497 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »
Nice. Yes, will keep this in mind next time :).

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1498 on: May 07, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »
I got it.

https://rapidshare.com/files/461150680/Mentats.rar

P.S. anyone may "age" the texture to make it looks old.
i allready did the mentants, but ok

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1499 on: May 07, 2011, 07:50:35 pm »
i allready did the mentants, but ok
Meh, the mentats were done like 3 or 4 times, they aren't that hard.