Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611807 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1470 on: May 07, 2011, 11:47:34 am »
I'm collecting that kind of stuff myself, in case if I want to make some props. Here's what I get so far:
RadX

Nuka-Cola

Nuka-Cola Quantum

Nuka-Cola Cherry

Sunset Sarsparilla

Sunset Sarsparilla caps

Buffout (modified a bit)

Mentats (made it by myself)

I also have a classic Nuka-Cola caps, but there's something wrong with the file, so I can't upload it here. PM me if you want it anyway.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1471 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:33 am »
Yeah, I found some of those myself while googling for pictures. I'm not really that kind of who make stuff after being addicted by a game, so no thanks, don't need these labels, but they look cool :P Back to topic.

Comments?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1472 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »
Comments?

I'll repeat what I've said before:

Quote from: myself
MKI is a crudely made, even somewhat badass version of MKII. It should look more like a sprite:

Please don't make it just rusty version of MKII. It wasn't laying in the ground for a decades, it's just a metal armor which wasn't processed properly. So, there should be some sews and not that much rust.

Also, there's something wrong with the model. The spikes on a wrong side.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1473 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:44 pm »
Also, there's something wrong with the model. The spikes on a wrong side.
Actually I found a quite a bit of these small mistakes on some models. Not a very big deal :P

Anyway.
Please don't make it just rusty version of MKII. It wasn't laying in the ground for a decades, it's just a metal armor which wasn't processed properly. So, there should be some sews and not that much rust.
Aha, I get your point. It's however interesting, how the armor seems to have cracks in some places like in the shoulder. Working on new texture.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1474 on: May 07, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »
Made my very first own model  ;D Check this out:

Download link

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1475 on: May 07, 2011, 02:42:09 pm »
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Ha, that actually gave me a laugh! Just misses a text saying radioactive ciggaretes kill  ;D Nah, just joking, looks great!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1476 on: May 07, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »
Nukeboro is following all of the world trends! Now with a different funny health warning with every next package!  ;)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1477 on: May 07, 2011, 03:06:19 pm »
Real Life References like these warning signs are best be avoided. No one will be able to see them anyway ingame.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1478 on: May 07, 2011, 03:12:25 pm »
Are you talking about Nukeboro itself or the health warning? Just note, that this is how these cigarettes actually called in-game. But if you're talking about HW, it's just a joke and no one will use it in the game ofc.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1479 on: May 07, 2011, 03:36:06 pm »
I know that they are called Nukeboros. Yes, meant that health warning. As it was just a joke then everything's fine. ;)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1480 on: May 07, 2011, 04:08:16 pm »
Just checked the wiki - spectacles (glasses), golden watch, dices, magic 8-ball and maybe some other stuff are missing. Taking a little break from the re-texturing, filling the gaps right now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:15:09 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1481 on: May 07, 2011, 04:31:34 pm »
These things are quest items from F2, which have no use in Fonline. So it's not necessary to make them. It's best to do something from miscellaneous category for now.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1482 on: May 07, 2011, 05:17:02 pm »
These things are quest items from F2, which have no use in Fonline. So it's not necessary to make them. It's best to do something from miscellaneous category for now.
Actually the dices are use-able - they do a random roll of 1-6 (or was it 2-12?) and the magic 8-ball can say "yes" or "no" if used. Gold watch can be found in BoS quest, spectacles are just found somewhere I don't really know.
Anyways

A little problem is the poly-count however.
53 vertices, 87 edges, 40 polygons.

Download link will contain: MFC, SEC, Flamer fuel, Cats Paw and maybe some other stuff I will come up with.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:18:36 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1483 on: May 07, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »
I've tried to make a more difficult item and here's what came out:

Download link

Guess, I can make some more stuff like the doctor's bag based on it.

P.S. What else I've discovered is that modelling is quite fun :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:52:04 pm by Graf »

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #1484 on: May 07, 2011, 05:55:34 pm »
The geck seem too much thin.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !