Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611887 times)

Offline Gray

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1050 on: February 16, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
Awesome but it needs change colors for match with helmet. Helmet is awesome but armor look not great right now.
coz the body is completely untextured. After posting that, I've just fall asleep :) I've spent all night optimizing the helmet.
In a day or two I'll show fully textured armor.
In this topic I suggested new clothes - elegant suit XIX 30-40s (New Reno gangsters), what do you think?
Nothing impossible. When I have a time... or somebody else ;)

« Reply #1051 on: February 16, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »
Addict, what polycount is that (tris), looks high but good. And I highly doubt if projectiles like that will be made to 3d.

Define high?

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1052 on: February 16, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »
Define high?

The model will be just "few" pixels in the screen. Not much detail needed since you can't see them unless you zoom in.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #1053 on: February 16, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »
Define high?
I think 6-8 sided cylinder is enough

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #1054 on: February 16, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »
You tube of the APA? Nah, LA Girl!
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1055 on: February 16, 2011, 07:32:00 pm »
To all of you who are contributing these great looking 3D models... are you guys using any base models or making them all from scratch? and if you are using base models, can you tell me where you are getting them from?

PS I downloaded sculptris. idk if it is a good program to use, but iw anted to try 3d modeling.

Also, what program are you guys using to make the leather armor and such? it looks really great!

Thanks in advance!

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1056 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:44 pm »
They (/we, I'm just testing armour modeling now) use a body model, otherwise we wouldn't know any measurements/body proportions, or at least that's how I think everyone is doing, don't know how the heck you would make them otherwise :P

But all armours are made from scratch if that is what you meant, of course, if you have made an armor you could technically use it to help you make a new armour, but it's often easier to remake from scratch.

Any program is good, use the one you are most used to, I use 3ds max, some use blender i guess (I dont like blender >_>) etc etc.

//edit
I downloaded the environment armour and I'm not sure how the skin works :S A part of the armor was modeled (like normal) but a large part of the "armour" was just a texture on the skin. Was it an in-complete version or what :/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:54:57 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1057 on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »
They (/we, I'm just testing armour modeling now) use a body model, otherwise we wouldn't know any measurements/body proportions, or at least that's how I think everyone is doing, don't know how the heck you would make them otherwise :P

But all armours are made from scratch if that is what you meant, of course, if you have made an armor you could technically use it to help you make a new armour, but it's often easier to remake from scratch.

Any program is good, use the one you are most used to, I use 3ds max, some use blender i guess (I dont like blender >_>) etc etc.

For someone who is interested in just trying 3d Modeling for the VERY FIRST TIME, which is the easiest program?

(And PS where do you get the body models? And are these body models the ones that are going to be used in FOnline after the 3d upgrade? or are all these armors for nothing?)

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #1058 on: February 16, 2011, 07:57:46 pm »
Hmm, hard question. I tried blender but didn't like it, I didn't find it very organized and I just found 3ds max much easier, but all this depends really much on you, what I dislike you might like very much. Bad part about 3ds max is that it's a bit expensive (unless... you get it by other means ofc).

Best advice I got is that you try out a program, if you like it you stay with it, if it doesn't feel right or that you find it very hard to do things in it, try another.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1059 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:35 pm »
Hmm, hard question. I tried blender but didn't like it, I didn't find it very organized and I just found 3ds max much easier, but all this depends really much on you, what I dislike you might like very much. Bad part about 3ds max is that it's a bit expensive (unless... you get it by other means ofc).

Best advice I got is that you try out a program, if you like it you stay with it, if it doesn't feel right or that you find it very hard to do things in it, try another.

I downloaded 3ds max. But like I asked before but where are you getting the body models?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1060 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »
i've made "punk female green hair"(is not textured yet)
screens:
http://img207.imageshack.us/g/greenhair1.png/
download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKZYUS2O

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #1061 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »
Here's the zip file if anyone else wants to take a look at it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4e4sx7

Took it from here :P

//thats the environmental armour with body model under and disregard my earlier question then.

thanks alvarez, gonna try that one out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:44:42 pm by bikkebakke »

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »
I downloaded 3ds max. But like I asked before but where are you getting the body models?

Base male model, reuploaded.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0ME2FFR

Karpov, for the female model: did you just scaled the male to female proportions? Could you upload the female mesh as well, just for the sake of conformity?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Sugestion:make non-weapons weapons in hand availeble to see
« Reply #1063 on: February 16, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »
we got our ammo in the hand, let's see an ammo mag, we got bottle caps in hand, let's see a cap bag, we got nukka-colla in hand:

let's see a bottle then
download 3DsMax:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L6YFNA4C
note:you can modify it if you whant so it can be used for beer, rot gut, nukka cola, whatever you whant, just resize some bits and add a diferent texture
note2: i will try to make tomorow some bottle cap and other things, today i made as much as i coud to help
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:43:18 pm by LagMaster »

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1064 on: February 16, 2011, 09:55:21 pm »
Okay, I have 3ds max up and running also, i imported the male hero.obj. but for some reason, i cant get a frontsie view of him. i only see him laying down, and overhead view. anyone familiar with 3ds max, can you shed some light?

ALSO: I would really like to know what program is being used to make such models as Ztormi's...

As they are some of the best I have seen. Also, where to get the body models? Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:10:05 pm by Cryptopsy »