Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611774 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1035 on: February 16, 2011, 12:33:56 am »
Hmmm, Ztormi, that's a tricky one, I just noticed the back was naked it the original sprite. The only way I think you can do it is making that brown clothing part of the armor model,  taking some of the polygons from the character mesh and leaving a gap in the back , but my mesh does not help at all, you would need to modify it. I'll see If I can do something about it... The rest is good, but those boots are for men, you should try to use the shape of the character's feet, you will notice I left a little "heel" shape there.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #1036 on: February 16, 2011, 12:38:49 am »
Exactly I what I was thinking too. I couldn't think of any way to do the open back either but modelling the shirt so I ended up with this compromise.

« Reply #1037 on: February 16, 2011, 12:49:09 am »

Texture needs a few fixes like the straps on the back. Belt should be a bit higher too?

Also, I think subforum for models development would come in handy. This thread is very messy and getting out of hands imo  :P

Agreed. There should be topics for basic stuff progress, weapons, new content and other crap. Mods - can you manage to make something like that for us? Plus something about dev. tracker on wikia.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Abaddon Raptus

• Die for .NET
« Reply #1038 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:49 am »

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1039 on: February 16, 2011, 02:48:00 am »
Does anybody have a .max file for an armour, I just want to open up and watch it, see if I can learn anything.
bumping up this to the new page.

What program are you all using to make these armors? I would maybe like to give it a shot...

Offline Gray

« Reply #1040 on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:02 am »
Karpov, what have you done? I haven't sleep yet! It's 8 AM and I'm still on a computer.
But I have a result :)

Armor 1602 tris, Helmet 1014.
That's it for now, I'm out.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1041 on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:40 am »
Karpov, what have you done? I haven't sleep yet! It's 8 AM and I'm still on a computer.

nice job!

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1042 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:20 am »
@Solar: i will try to make some sort of body-armor parts for that legion armor, but i do not know how i will succed

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #1043 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:10 am »
As this thread was now moved to the new 3D development board, there's no further need to continue discussing it here, but I'll keep it open anyway.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1044 on: February 16, 2011, 11:30:38 am »
It is cute Harald! ;D

Yeah, I wanted to have one picture of the rad scorpion say "Rawr" to make it kind of more cute, but oh well, doesn't matter, because in the final version he won't look so cute :(. Working on the tail now to make it more like a stinger. I use this picture to make it look like it should.

You can send me your club, I could wreck some more cars with that one, but I am more intersted in the minigun, I need something to create the animation, something the guy could hold on to.
Uploading the club. Incase  you want, I will also send you the un-finished minigun. Check PM I'm gonna send you any second.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:34:48 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1045 on: February 16, 2011, 03:33:15 pm »

Awesome but it needs change colors for match with helmet. Helmet is awesome but armor look not great right now.

« Reply #1046 on: February 16, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »
Hello.I tried to make the AP Rocket this is how it turned out.Its not exactly like original I improved it a bit(in my opinion).Btw I suck at texturing.Please tell me if you want project file to improve or to texture it.I'm pretty new to modelling but I can learn fast.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1047 on: February 16, 2011, 03:39:04 pm »
Awesome but it needs change colors for match with helmet. Helmet is awesome but armor look not great right now.

The body is not yet textured.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1048 on: February 16, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »
Addict, what polycount is that (tris), looks high but good. And I highly doubt if projectiles like that will be made to 3d.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »
Lexx, good I didn't know it, now I know. When do we get new youtube movies from Karpov? I'd like to see APA when it'll done.

In this topic I suggested new clothes - elegant suit XIX 30-40s (New Reno gangsters), what do you think?