Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611835 times)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #975 on: February 14, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »
This game isn't about PvE

Bullshit.

For example, Mean Centaur could be a little different from Tough Centaur and so on. This game isn't about PvE but still.

They already have different stats and descriptions. Doesn't make sense that a centaur has another color just because it's "mean". Don't like that "mob reuse with different color and different size".

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #976 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:33 pm »
Agreed. Why waste time on something which is already perfect?  ;)
If I was thinking that way I'd say moving to 3d was a big, big mistake.

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #977 on: February 14, 2011, 05:25:38 pm »
how can i download master.dat and critter.dat files? i need help please help me. I want play Fallout Online buti need this files because in client i don't find it  Can you help mne?
Not a right place for this but buy fallout2.

Offline Gray

« Reply #978 on: February 14, 2011, 05:26:55 pm »
Weapons - 95/99
Incomplete or missing:
1. Minigun and Avenger Minigun
2. Desert Eagle (Exp. Mag.)
3. Gatling Laser
4. Sharpened Spear (Texture for regular spear are required)
OK, I got Gatling Laser. Can't show it right now, it's on my home PC.

I've fixed my Pulse Rifle. Have made lossless optimization (there were a bug with odd triangles) and draft texturing.

only 533 tris, not so much for high-end weapon.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #979 on: February 14, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »
P.P.S. Karpov, we are waiting for female base model. Otherwise, the job is half done.

The female model was to be posponed until I finish animations, but maybe I should continue with it now, because It would be good to model the body attachments for her too, but I need your help to do so.
 This is the first test of the model in game, just made some quick idle animation, so don't pay too much attention to the pose, I need you to point me some things about it that I would need to change. Specially in the lenght of the limbs, which would need a change in the bone structure. For start i think arms are longer than the original.

Also I made a few animations for the male.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #980 on: February 14, 2011, 05:47:52 pm »
Adjusted combat shotgun. Straightened butt of gun, as suggested. Also have tweaked the texture a little more. Should be pretty close to the original now.

Model : 3ds, obj, wings, texture
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CZM9QY6K

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #981 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »
Leather armor
PNG textures + .max, .obj, .3ds

http://www.sendspace.com/file/egdsjx

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #982 on: February 14, 2011, 06:08:19 pm »
I need you to point me some things about it that I would need to change. Specially in the lenght of the limbs, which would need a change in the bone structure. For start i think arms are longer than the original.

It is difficult to tell when comparing a small sprite with a 3d model, so I'm not 100% sure on any of these, but from comparing with original, I'd probably say :

Arms maybe "half a hand" length shorter
Elbows "half an elbow" higher up
Upper arm slightly fatter
Knees "half a knee" higher up
Legs a bit fatter overall
I think leg length is correct already
Smaller boobs :-(

Other than that, looks awesome.

Offline Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #983 on: February 14, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »
They already have different stats and descriptions. Doesn't make sense that a centaur has another color just because it's "mean". Don't like that "mob reuse with different color and different size".
It was just an example, beacuse its the easiest way to make a difference between 2 similar creatures. Creatures from the same family should be easily recognized from each other. Think of more than 2 variations of each creature (mean centaur, nasty centaur, centaur, mutcentaur etc.) and then its really needed.

Looks perfect

The forehead is really big  :)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

« Reply #984 on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:32 pm »
It might be nice to have 3d ghouls...and then use it for mercs cuz walking speed makes me cry.

Damnit got a developer to post (thanks surf) and he avoided commenting on the important part of it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:52:23 pm by Slaver Snipe »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #985 on: February 14, 2011, 06:23:25 pm »
It might be nice to have 3d ghouls...and then use it for mercs cuz walking speed makes me cry.

Ghouls ARE slow. That's their downside.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #986 on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:45 pm »
Not all ghouls are slow and most likely not all ghouls look like Set or Harold. Same with centaurs: Not all centaurs look the same, etc. etc.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #987 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:26 pm »
Ghouls ARE slow. That's their downside.
+1 to Lexx. All Super Mutants are slow, yes, but not all ghouls.
You probably don't play this game too much, cuz according to your conclusions you are definitely not an expert in Fallout universe.

Bullshit.
Care to explain please? And yes, you shouldn't talk this way with people you don't know.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:33:38 pm by Graf »

Offline Gray

« Reply #988 on: February 14, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »
The female model was to be posponed until I finish animations, but maybe I should continue with it now, because It would be good to model the body attachments for her too, but I need your help to do so.
Just give me something to work with.
Adjusted combat shotgun. Straightened butt of gun, as suggested. Also have tweaked the texture a little more. Should be pretty close to the original now.
Perfectum.
Why waste time on something which is already perfect? I'd much rather someone makes completely new enemy 3d models
Adding new mob species do not seems to be much better idea then converting present ones into 3D. It's easier and more correctly to expand and customize present mobs then to invent something completely new.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:40:09 pm by Gray »

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #989 on: February 14, 2011, 06:42:29 pm »
How about armors?
My fingers are itching for new job already  ;D

From the standard armours ... CLJ, APA - will Tesla have additions or just be a different texture onto metal?

From things that'd be cool to add - Not sure if Lag is working on Football Pads, so maybe Tyre Armour?

New critters in 3D, if everything needed for player models has been done and there are still skilled people wanting to do more ... why not? Making the game look better is valuable in itself.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.