Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611895 times)

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #960 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:13 pm »
I think I know what's wrong with it. Maybe the chest plates should look more rectangular.
It doesn't support skintones yet cause I was messing around with the arms texture. I'll fix it and post new image later.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #961 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:53 pm »
Had a go at Combat Shotgun. I think the texture's not quite right, but it depends how accurate it needs to be i.e. whether it's noticeably wrong at game resolution and so on. Probably wouldn't need too much tweaking to make it better.

196 triangles

Combat Shotgun - wings, obj, 3ds & texture
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MPQSEYGX

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #962 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »
I think the mesh is great. I also like the contrast of the texture so i think it looks better from distance.

Anyways made yet more fixes to leather armor. Further more scaled and edited the shoulder pads. Moved them further from the head. Edited the chestplate texture and structure a bit to make it look more rectangular. Removed the shirt from the arm texture so it supports skin tones.

Would it be cool if pants and shirt underneath would use player customized cloth colors? No?
Is this the case with metal armor?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:07:27 pm by Ztormi »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #963 on: February 14, 2011, 03:10:38 pm »
We are planning to support armors of the same type in differnet colors. How exactly this will look in the end is not yet decided. Right now, it might be armor + dye kit == armor with dye kit color.

Offline Gray

« Reply #964 on: February 14, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »
Had a go at Combat Shotgun. I think the texture's not quite right, but it depends how accurate it needs to be i.e. whether it's noticeably wrong at game resolution and so on. Probably wouldn't need too much tweaking to make it better.
Just one remark: butt end should be flat
Anyways made yet more fixes to leather armor. Further more scaled and edited the shoulder pads. Moved them further from the head. Edited the chestplate texture and structure a bit to make it look more rectangular. Removed the shirt from the arm texture so it supports skin tones.
Just great now.
Would it be cool if pants and shirt underneath would use player customized cloth colors? No?
Is this the case with metal armor?
Yes, Karpov did it in MA test video. He used base pants texture instead of armor one. Just make some textures and they can be mixed.

P.S. Lexx, please, update the development tracker. We don't know what to do if we don't know what is done.
P.P.S. Karpov, we are waiting for female base model. Otherwise, the job is half done.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #965 on: February 14, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »
P.S. Lexx, please, update the development tracker. We don't know what to do if we don't know what is done.

Weapons - 95/99
Incomplete or missing:
1. Minigun and Avenger Minigun
2. Desert Eagle (Exp. Mag.)
3. Gatling Laser
4. Sharpened Spear (Texture for regular spear are required)

Critters

Brahmin - [missing]
Super Mutant - [missing]
Rad Scorpion (Large and small) - [missing]
Molerat - [missing]
Pigrat - [missing]
Gecko - [missing]
Fire Gecko - [missing]
Golden Gecko - [missing]
Vannamingo (Alien) - [missing]
Centaur - [missing]
Floater - [missing]
Mantis - [missing]

So, we are still missing of 4 weapon models and various creatures.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:11:59 pm by Graf »

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #966 on: February 14, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »
How about armors?
My fingers are itching for new job already  ;D

I guess critters are bit tricky. I think one should have better knowledge of skeletons and animations for the engine to start working with those.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #967 on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:04 pm »
Critters aren't super important yet. More important is getting the human (male and female) done. ;) After that maybe ghouls, as they don't require that much changing from humans and later sometime the super mutants.

Beeing able to play a ghoul or super mutant, isn't that what many want to have? :p

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #968 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:17 pm »
How about armors?
My fingers are itching for new job already  ;D
It seems that all male models are done, so we have to wait until Karpov will give us a female model.

After that maybe ghouls
Don't know if this could be considered as complete ghoul model, but something is done already:

Most of the hairstyles are also still missing afaik. But of course we can start without them.
Why not to take VB hair models? There is a bunch of nice hair models.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:49:41 pm by Graf »

« Reply #969 on: February 14, 2011, 04:39:56 pm »
Most of the hairstyles are also still missing afaik. But of course we can start without them.

@Up: Right. Forgot about 'em.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:52:34 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #970 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:24 pm »
:( Critters will go 3d as well? Do we really need that? I mean, I thought 3d was about customisation, not just "lawl me looks awsum!"

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #971 on: February 14, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »
Just one remark: butt end should be flat

Well spotted. I'll fix that and reupload in a bit.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #972 on: February 14, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »
:( Critters will go 3d as well? Do we really need that? I mean, I thought 3d was about customisation, not just "lawl me looks awsum!"

Agreed. Why waste time on something which is already perfect? I'd much rather someone makes completely new enemy 3d models (after player models are finished). ;)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #973 on: February 14, 2011, 05:06:06 pm »
Agreed. Why waste time on something which is already perfect? I'd much rather someone makes completely new enemy 3d models (after player models are finished). ;)
3D critters is good, when you want to have a different colors for different types of a single creature. For example, Mean Centaur could be a little different from Tough Centaur and so on. This game isn't about PvE but still.
Ofc, as Lexx said, it's not too important for now.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #974 on: February 14, 2011, 05:08:15 pm »
This game isn't about PvE but still.

For me it is, that's why I am only working on PvE content.