Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611724 times)

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #900 on: February 13, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
Some variety is always welcome, why not. ;)
I maybe asked it before, but is it possible to apply some dithering filter later ingame to make the models a bit more "pixelated" so they don't clash with the scenery so much?
IMO models are awesome now but it sounds good to see more, more falloutish but not recomended IMO ;)
Nie ma opierdalania siÄ™! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #901 on: February 13, 2011, 11:04:35 am »
here, tribals are always willing to test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMtA-Z_FIk

*Evil laughter*
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Gray

« Reply #902 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:30 am »
Also, if the model will accept extra (non triangulated) vertices i.e.

then could save many many more.
Speaking the power fist (as a part of character model), It will cause a bug when animated. So such type of optimization should be used very carefully. One triangle economy do not worth possible bugs.
If the model is rendered in-game, would it lag the application or does the 3d perfomance depend only on client machine?
Will also the permanent change in character's model balk the performance as well?
What about mass events?

And, will the Fallout community profit from new models as well?
3D rendering can't affect network speed and lags, it fully depends of client's PC performance.

About profit, customization and expansion abilities of 3D are a bit more then infinite.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #903 on: February 13, 2011, 11:39:21 am »

They are really great and impressive, I'm like, "woah!" However, I think you should add more green lines/dots on mega powerfist, because I doubt difference will be visible at normal scale.

Also, there is thumb indeed, so how is it planned to make it fit to right hand/left hand? If it isn't planned, maybe making  similar fingers would be good?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:41:09 am by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #904 on: February 13, 2011, 03:49:51 pm »
Speaking the power fist (as a part of character model), It will cause a bug when animated. So such type of optimization should be used very carefully. One triangle economy do not worth possible bugs.

I guessed that it would - currently every vertex is triangulated on all sides, but just thought I should check, as it would have saved about 20-30 triangles on the mega fist.

[...] I think you should add more green lines/dots on mega powerfist, because I doubt difference will be visible at normal scale.

A good point. I've got no easy way of testing it at "game scale", so initially went with "as close as possible to the original model" - but it would be very easy to add some extra larger green light patches on it.

It's also probable that they're unnecessarily high-poly considering their in-game size. If you imagine they'd only be a handful of pixels big, they could be further optimised. How different would these look at game scale, I wonder :

Note that the two lower ones only have one point to bend at the knuckle, so might not be riggable, depending on how the skeleton is.

[...][...]Also, there is thumb indeed, so how is it planned to make it fit to right hand/left hand? If it isn't planned, maybe making  similar fingers would be good?

The models are all left hand, as that's what both the original graphic was, and what Karpov's hand model was - though it's quite likely in game that they'd all be right handed. Anyway, is a simple matter of flipping the model along X axis.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #905 on: February 13, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »
Oh you're right, I've been stupid here. I thought powerfist was worn on two hands, which is not the case. Keep the amazing models incoming, this 26 tris model is great imo!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #906 on: February 13, 2011, 05:02:25 pm »
I had to adjust the fist to fit the hand, but no major changes have been made.

And no, it is not better to texture for two reasons: The first one is that , even if I can texture different parts of the body, both hands are using the same texture, so he would have two gloves, or, much worse, the other hand would be naked but not from the right skin tone. The second reason is the size, with the model you can see from far away that the guy is wearing a Power Fist, otherwise it would be just like the other hand, in which I painted a glove.

There is no video of the guy hitting some tribal, you have to wait for that.

Note that I re-exported the model with a smaller head.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #907 on: February 13, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »
Looks great!

Here's what I've been up to. Color schemes can be changed etc if you have better ideas.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #908 on: February 13, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »
This is truly amazing. Do want! I've always thought this one was the best armor of FOT, it is also the only one that would look good in FOnline 2238 I think. Also, perfect textures job - come on, I bet you do have 20 slaves chained to 3D-making softwares in your basement :P

Looking forward for the video of how it does look in game!
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #909 on: February 13, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »
oh my good, enviroment armor O.O

looks great!

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #910 on: February 13, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »
Here's what I've been up to. Color schemes can be changed etc if you have better ideas.
Did you done it by yourself? That looks awesome!

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #911 on: February 13, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »
Did you done it by yourself? That looks awesome!
It's based on Karpov's male model. Added just the parts like helmet, shoulder and chest plates, boots and tanks. Then textured the whole body.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:32:44 pm by Ztormi »

« Reply #912 on: February 13, 2011, 05:32:45 pm »
Wow. Excellent work guys! That's pretty big step! Ztormi - maybe you should think about makin' Advanced Power Armor as well? :D Someone made one but it wasn't textured or something(?) and you still had to fit it to the new Karpov's model. Great progress. For real.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #913 on: February 13, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
wow great! Looks really nice, you are good with textures as well. I hope I can rig all those parts to the character correctly. Nice work.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #914 on: February 13, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »
Wow. Excellent work guys! That's pretty big step! Ztormi - maybe you should think about makin' Advanced Power Armor as well? :D Someone made one but it wasn't textured or something(?) and you still had to fit it to the new Karpov's model. Great progress. For real.
APA isn't in highest priority. Leather Armor is more important now, coz this is the last armor, which wasn't even started.

It's based on Karpov's male model. Added just the parts like helmet, shoulder and chest plates, boots and tanks. Then textured the whole body.

Then probably you have to send this model to Karpov. Or you can put it to public access (which is better)