Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611724 times)

Offline Solar

• Rotator
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #825 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »
is this from the same picture as your avatar? Who has drawn these?
They are just awesome!!

The same guy, yup. This is why I got him to do my Vault Dweller ;)

I'd post the full version of mine, but its on my computer, which is sitting unassembled in my house, waiting for me to move in
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Gray

« Reply #826 on: February 10, 2011, 01:56:37 am »
Untextured and dirty, but it's 3:50 AM and I'm just falling.

Polycount is appalling - 684... but damn, it's YK42B!

« Reply #827 on: February 10, 2011, 02:32:50 am »
You know I am aware of the throwing animation thing, but check this out:

Any normal human standing on the planet Earth would fall to the ground due to it's gravitational attraction if he tried this  ;D
  I think 3d and the 30 fps I am using for animations evidences a lot more this kind of things.

I see, indeed the original  ;) The question is, what is better in some cases, stick to the original or make adjustments? Eitherway i think you have choosen the most resonable path, to stick to the originals first. When the new models look like originals i guess one can think of adjustments. The throwing model then looks good as compared to 2D one if you look from that perspective. Cant wait for another update.  8)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #828 on: February 10, 2011, 02:37:53 am »
The question is, what is better in some cases, stick to the original or make adjustments?

It was already said that we stick to the originals as good as possible. The original models animations are rather cartoony and not hardcore realistic.

« Reply #829 on: February 10, 2011, 03:05:10 am »
Character head is indeed little to wide. I realized that when making 'da skins. But It's probably no problem to adjust it a little.

Great job on kicking animation Karpov. The kick animation itself is a little silly thing. Especially for people who trained some kind of martial arts(Muay Thai and BJJ here :>). Traderowski? :D Guys who made that had totally no idea how real high kicks should look like in action. That's why original fallout graphics had their own "comics" style which can be hardly defined as "realistic".
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #830 on: February 10, 2011, 03:27:10 am »
Ok, next time I export the model I will remember to scale down the head. I never noticed that before, but I have seen how the shoulders in the original seemed wider, now it makes sense.

If I wanted to make the throwing more realistic I think that having the right foot to move forward and touch the ground right after that frame would do it, that's what anyone would do, it is a reflex. But I don't want to  ;), at least not now.

I don't know anything about martial arts, but if you do, maybe some time we can do some other animations for unarmed attacks. I have seen, in Fallout 2, you had different types of attacks, though I never knew what was the difference, there was even one that consumed 9ap if I remember correctly.

Gray, you can save a few polygons from that little yellow things, just make them more planar and texture, even at full zoom you wont notice the difference.

I was thinking, Pistols and SMG animations are mostly the same, aren't they? just need a burst anim and it will be ready.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:29:43 am by Karpov »

Offline Gray

« Reply #831 on: February 10, 2011, 05:44:53 am »
Gray, you can save a few polygons from that little yellow things, just make them more planar and texture, even at full zoom you wont notice the difference.
Yeah, I know, they are 120 polys each. I can replace them by 8-polys cones... but damn, it's a YK42B! ;)
It worth that, besides, it barely will be a common weapon.

I was thinking, Pistols and SMG animations are mostly the same, aren't they? just need a burst anim and it will be ready.
Sure they are.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:48:03 am by Gray »

« Reply #832 on: February 10, 2011, 09:00:33 am »
Some kicks what I found on you tube:
Taekwon-Do style (I love it)
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEZ6Ycv49XA
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFAyRNpCSfs&feature=related
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9X-9N3wkg&feature=channel

Muay Thai style
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YpCcJ2SnDs

+Bonus "LOU KING" (fail low kick :D) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9j8VI1VqQc

I think if all animatons done maybe Karpov make new animations for unarmed, shot etc?

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #833 on: February 10, 2011, 10:32:13 am »
Sadly I have to give up on the power fist, I'll be gone for some time and won't have a chance to make them. I've spent 3-4 hours on this and have nothing to show. I think the best we can get for the fists is a black bloob for the power fist and a black blob with green bits for the mega power fist.

« Reply #834 on: February 10, 2011, 11:30:52 am »
Sadly I have to give up on the power fist, I'll be gone for some time and won't have a chance to make them. I've spent 3-4 hours on this and have nothing to show. I think the best we can get for the fists is a black bloob for the power fist and a black blob with green bits for the mega power fist.

Couldn't the power fist mainly count on cool sounds than looks?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #835 on: February 11, 2011, 08:09:00 am »
Can't wait for these models can't wait,

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #836 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:13 am »
Thanks to Elmehdi, we now again have a models of:

- LSW
- Gauss pistol
- Gauss Rifle
- Pulse Rifle
- Pulse Pistol
- Bozar

So, I'm updating list of missing weapons:

We have all models, except those which is mentioned here:

1. Avenger Minigun and regular minigun
2. Desert Eagle (Exp. Mag.)
3. Gatling Laser
4. Combat Shotgun
5. Sharpened Spear (Texture for regular spear are required)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:26:57 am by Graf »

« Reply #837 on: February 11, 2011, 03:12:39 pm »
I believe Haraldx has mine 10mm pistol model.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Gray

« Reply #838 on: February 11, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »
Thanks to Elmehdi, we now again have a models of:

- LSW
- Gauss pistol
- Gauss Rifle
- Pulse Rifle
- Pulse Pistol
- Bozar

So, I'm updating list of missing weapons
Should I texture my Pulse Rifle or the Elmehdi's one will be used? They are equal, except LOD. My one is three times much with all merits and demerits of this.
Additionally, I'm worling on a Gatling Laser. Here it is untextured and unsmoothed:

Polycount about 300.
If there will be no remarks - I'll texture it and upload.
I've decided to give Haraldx a chance to finish his Minigun, but if he won't - I have one untextured.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:42:36 pm by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #839 on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:23 pm »
Gray, if you want, you can try to fully texture my minigun. It's missing just only 1 thing - the texture for the frame. Maybe the handle isn't like yours, but other than that, it's almost complete. You can get the files for it here: http://www.2shared.com/file/cZWSeO5a/Minigun.html
Note: I added 3 extensions, in case some can't be opened with your program.

And I've said it about 3 times - Cheetahs pistol IS UPLOADED! Skej has it, the wiki is outdated. If you really want it, then here, take it, it's not mine anyways but Cheetahs: http://www.2shared.com/file/pbbeiC_b/10mmgun.html

Hmmm... I think there was pretty much more to say, but I can't remember what. I will post it later when I remember it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.