Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611872 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #810 on: February 09, 2011, 06:26:36 pm »
looks like collor coruption just like you see in Windows 7

Offline Gray

« Reply #811 on: February 09, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »
Does anyone else think that character's head is out of proportions and too large, almost like double the size of head of human being.
Easy to compare with this gif too.
Maybe too wide

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #812 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:31 pm »
I was reading about the football-related armor so I thought I might suggest a new kind of armor which was originally thought for raiders:

As an old Fallout concept art suggests, tire armor was going to be used by Khans, but they were replaced by leather armor in the actual game

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tire_armor

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #813 on: February 09, 2011, 07:05:13 pm »
And it's Mark II version

And seriously, I don't think it would be a good idea. But... heck it looks so Mad Maxish.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #814 on: February 09, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »
Considering old concept arts, the Khans should have looked much more like mongols, even though it doesn't make that much sense. :>

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #815 on: February 09, 2011, 07:18:40 pm »
First shot at power fist.... failed :P

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6052/pfistfail.jpg

I'm gonna try with that hand of Kaprovs model.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #816 on: February 09, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »
Does anyone else think that character's head is out of proportions and too large, almost like double the size of head of human being.
Easy to compare with this gif too.

Yes, looks too big to me too. Could be because Fallout's critter don't have "normal" proportions either - theory is, that they have been adjusted to look better in the games trisometric perspective.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #817 on: February 09, 2011, 08:17:20 pm »
I was reading about the football-related armor so I thought I might suggest a new kind of armor which was originally thought for raiders:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tire_armor

Ah yes, thats what I was thinking indeed.

Or more specifically:

A Gang populated by tire armour, old football padding and with a hth bias (as the khans were meant to have)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #818 on: February 09, 2011, 08:29:26 pm »
This indeed looks pretty good. Kind of a "light tire armor".

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #819 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:09 pm »
Oh well, I figured out ~60 polygons is way too much for a dynacord stick (See wiki, VanBuren model has ~60 polygons) so I made my one.
Can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVQTnCFvQ48
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #820 on: February 09, 2011, 08:48:14 pm »
del
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:19:43 am by Graf »

« Reply #821 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:41 pm »
I don't like the power armor, the metal and much less the leather armor from Tactics, but I think the environmental armor was really nice.

Ok, I made some new anims: knife thurst, throw, and sledgehammer holster and swing. Last one goes for the author of the hammer , TheBob/ahBobSaget/Gorlak  I don't know how to call him.
Also a new hairstyle, not very polygon efficient though  :). Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWZtrijUbs

Bye.

Nice!  ;)

However, the throwing stance i think is on wrong side no? I mean, if you throw a knife like that you fall to the grund? I think the torso should bend more to left then to right if any? And the hand that releases the knife should be more in center? Well, thats what i think anyways  ;)

« Reply #822 on: February 09, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »

is this from the same picture as your avatar? Who has drawn these?
They are just awesome!!

P.S: Karpov you made a really good job! i like your models very much and think this is
exactly how fonline should look like. But imo there is something wrong with the kicking
leg of your kick-animation. the original critter make his leg more "straight". its hard to explain
but maybe you understand. Good job anyway!
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline Gray

« Reply #823 on: February 09, 2011, 10:52:13 pm »
P.S: Karpov you made a really good job! i like your models very much and think this is
exactly how fonline should look like.
His animations are much more precious then any model. There are some good modellers here, but without animations all our models worth less then nothing. Karpov is the only good animator we have.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #824 on: February 09, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
Thank you. I am still learning, I have not much experience with animations, but I feel like it is easier (and faster) to me now than it was when I started.

You know I am aware of the throwing animation thing, but check this out:

Any normal human standing on the planet Earth would fall to the ground due to it's gravitational attraction if he tried this  ;D
  I think 3d and the 30 fps I am using for animations evidences a lot more this kind of things.

About the kicking leg: it may just be the frame skip in the gif, it does not play the frame in wich the leg is fully straight. Check this image. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9173/straightj.jpg

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:57:49 pm by Karpov »