Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611849 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2011, 09:17:59 am »
Yes it was and I doubt someone would go rampage, if we get a similar armor into FOnline.
It seems that no one didn't made an environmental armor yet. The only thing I've managed to find is that concept of 3D model.

Though for me it looks quite similar to mid-western power armor, so someone could make EA from PA later.

P.S. So, we won't be using this PA?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:33:42 am by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #796 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:38 am »
an enviro-armor will be good for glow trips, i need to learn to make skeletal meshes

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #797 on: February 09, 2011, 10:02:46 am »
What's exactly bad on the Midwestern PA, except for badassery and generic look?
Maybe because they look too much like Predators and not knights?

Edit: Wait, shit, i know: they look exactly like Enclave Advanced PAs from the Spawn Of Beth. Midwestern PAs must be their direct predecessors.

I see nothing wrong with it as a BoS answer to APA. Obviously you have the retro future look on the normal PA as the classic look from pre-war tech, but if APA exists then Mid Western isn't so far wrong.

Maybe I'm biased because I think it looks cool ;)

But anyway, 10 Solar points for whoever makes real Caesars Legion Armour! (American Football pads and helmets - not the faux roman stuff from FNV)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #798 on: February 09, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »
Well, I see nothing wrong in implementing Fallout Tactics Power Armor as well, but it's up to devs and modellers. Would be funny to see few of those in game. Something like "experimental power armor suit" not as good as APA. Environmental armor is ok. No problems with that.
Nice hairstyle Karpov :D Something like short dreadlocks.
What about standard F1/F2 like hair? They should be modelled or just textured? :P Also - ideas about other ones? Long hair, mohawk, longer mohawk, short hair, receding, ponytail, longer dreadlocks? How much can we implement?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:42:18 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #799 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »
But anyway, 10 Solar points for whoever makes real Caesars Legion Armour! (American Football pads and helmets - not the faux roman stuff from FNV)

Though we can't use it, due to timeline issues and the worldmap position.

Well, I see nothing wrong in implementing Fallout Tactics Power Armor as well,

I see no sense in it, as our BoS uses T-51b and players most likely will not get power armor anyway. So even if the model would exists, we would have no use for it. Especially because our worldmap doesn't show the mid-western area as well.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #800 on: February 09, 2011, 03:04:12 pm »
Hi, I just remembered what I wanted to ask yesterday  ;D. Could someone tell me the name of the FRM with the kick animation? I can't seem to find it.

Hair must be modeled, it is the only way you can change it's colour. Right now in SDK there are 26 different hairstyles with 10 colours, what I don't know if they can be used for both male and female models. Also there is an additional ponytail that can be attached to any of the hairstyles, but I don't see any sense in this when you can create a hairstyle with the ponytail already on it.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #801 on: February 09, 2011, 03:14:06 pm »
AR is kick. All unarmed animations are under A.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #802 on: February 09, 2011, 03:51:52 pm »
AR is kick. All unarmed animations are under A.

Thank you

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #803 on: February 09, 2011, 03:57:22 pm »
I've patched up the holes, but left the texture as it is, if it's 5 pixel then no-one will see if it's black or transparent, and if someone wants it transparent then just change all black into alpha.  Brass knuckles ended up with 68 tris, 36 verts and the spiked with 76 tris, 40 verts. Textures (128x128) and the "hi" poly version also included:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFBR7EZG

Now the power fist... hmm... can be tricky.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #804 on: February 09, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »
Ok, kick done

I have no idea what that green thing on the floor is.

pistacja , if you want to try the power fist maybe I can lend you a hand...literally. That part of the mesh is very simple if you manage to cover it all with the power fist then it will be fine, just like the gloves in the power armor.

Edit: here is the hand, if you duplicate it and apply the Push modifier slightly it should cover it all, from there you can do whatever you need to do.
       http://www.mediafire.com/?1eb0d7ds84u2a28

And the head if someone wants to try hairstyles.
       http://www.mediafire.com/?zv3d8tiv9lk75kq
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:59:13 pm by Karpov »

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
Though we can't use it, due to timeline issues and the worldmap position.

I see no sense in it, as our BoS uses T-51b and players most likely will not get power armor anyway. So even if the model would exists, we would have no use for it. Especially because our worldmap doesn't show the mid-western area as well.

Well, since Caesars legion are now running round dressed as Romans for some reason, the American Football uniformed gang can be called what you like. I propose the Solarites!

NPCs to show high status, Devs to look cool in - the uses are endless!

But in reality the really useful things would be uniform types so we can actually build an identity to some of the world groups. The NCR Armour already is great for that.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »
NPCs to show high status

Makes no sense. Westside BoS doesn't even have such armors. They most likely have been developed by the mid-western BoS.

About the football stuff: I have nothing against armors out of football gear (like in Mad Max 2 & 3, as example), but a kind of carbon copy of the Legion with different name is a bit silly and uncool.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:13:25 pm by Lexx »

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »
Not as a copy no, I'll see if I can get on IRC later and show you a concept of something. Perhaps a fusion of Khan and Legion early discarded concepts would throw out something really nice.

About Mid Western Armour, it could well have been developed in the core region, but it doesn't really matter - in the end there is an endless list of more useful things than many different types of PA. PA and APA are enough to give BoS and the Enclave their correct feel.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »
Ok, kick done

I have no idea what that green thing on the floor is.

Does anyone else think that character's head is out of proportions and too large, almost like double the size of head of human being.
Easy to compare with this gif too.

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #809 on: February 09, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
Agree with Lexx. FO: 2238 "plot" is placed in West Coast and it's related to Fallout 1 and 2. As we know, Fallout Tactics isn't part of the official Fallout canon, so I'd like to see good old T-51b as the Brotherhood Paladin's armor.
Quote from: Fallout wiki
Because of some inconsistencies with previous Fallout games, Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel is not considered part of the official Fallout canon except for its pivotal events.