Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611829 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #780 on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:37 pm »
Hey guys could someone upload model with animations and all textures? :P Sorry for spaming but I want watch it in Blender or other 3D graphic program.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #781 on: February 08, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »
Brass and spiked knuckles are more or less done. Can't see any more triangles that I can cut.

I'll add a download link later (or tomorrow).

Too many polygons. It's such a small weapon, you don't need to model any holes for the fingers at all. Either do it with some alpha texture or don't do it at all, as you will never see this details in players hands.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #782 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »
They are very nice models, I reall like the way you painted the round edges. If the polygons are too high maybe it could be used as "item on ground" model , and another one, maybe without the back part, for the in hand model. And yes, my character does not even have fingers  ;D, just a lonely thumb and the rest all toghether.

I don't need the club yet, I am working with sledgehammer anims now, for which I have already a model. You can send it to me if you want to anyway, I know I won't lose it  ;D

PS: I wanted to ask something but I just forgot, I'll be back when I remember... :P

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #783 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »
Ok, I will send the club to you later, Karpov.

Heh, took a look at my model again - it looks perfectly round while it's just a simple cylinder with 6 edges  ;D This time I did better, it's nearly perfect... goddamn, it's just a club >.<
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #784 on: February 08, 2011, 09:56:10 pm »
I've found a nice model of Mid-Western Power Armor model and I think it would be nice to see that model ingame... though I'm not discussed copyright with author yet.
BTW, if I understood correctly, it has about 1500 polys and it could be easily reduced to somewhat about 900. How do you think, maybe we could use this?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:02:58 pm by Graf »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #785 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:17 pm »
The tactics armors were incredibly ugly.

Offline Gray

« Reply #786 on: February 08, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »
I think you can make the finger holes with 5 edges instead of 6, it will save some polys.
Or even replace them by texture with alpha channel. It will save about 100 tris as minimal.
Pretty model, you are awesome modeller Pistacja, but the optimization is imperative. Such a small object can't have more then 100-150 triangles, because even with overzoom every hole will be 2-3 pixels wide.
I've found a nice model of Mid-Western Power Armor model and I think it would be nice to see that model ingame... though I'm not discussed copyright with author yet.
BTW, if I understood correctly, it has about 1500 polys and it could be easily reduced to somewhat about 900. How do you think, maybe we could use this?
I'm afraid, it will not be accepted by community, because it's "infidel"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:24:35 pm by Gray »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #787 on: February 08, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »
Fallout: Tactics isn't that bad, but the armor still is ugly.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #788 on: February 08, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »
BLASPHEMY!

FoT armors me gusta >_>
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #789 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »
Can someone take care of 3d model tracking site? It's kinda outdated and I don't see Skejwen anywhere around. *Wink wink.*
Personally I liked the FT Power Armor look(on sprites) but it doesn't fit fallout for me... Something more connected to science-fiction with space marines and stuff :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:40:46 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #790 on: February 08, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »
BLASPHEMY!

FoT armors me gusta >_>

They aren't the FO1/2 styles retrofuturistic shaped armors, they look too generic and "badass". That's why it won't really fit. ;)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #791 on: February 08, 2011, 11:10:54 pm »
I don't like the power armor, the metal and much less the leather armor from Tactics, but I think the environmental armor was really nice.

Ok, I made some new anims: knife thurst, throw, and sledgehammer holster and swing. Last one goes for the author of the hammer , TheBob/ahBobSaget/Gorlak  I don't know how to call him.
Also a new hairstyle, not very polygon efficient though  :). Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWZtrijUbs

Bye.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #792 on: February 08, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »
It looks really good Karpov! Gotta say I was more then skeptical at this 3d stuff, especially because these Van Buren Models/Stances look just so bad. But you managed to almost mimicry the original ones, that's good! Personally, I would love to see some sort of dithering filter layed over the 3d models so they look a bit better compared and well fit in to the rest of the enviroment, but thats maybe just me. :)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #793 on: February 08, 2011, 11:42:10 pm »
but I think the environmental armor was really nice.

Yes it was and I doubt someone would go rampage, if we get a similar armor into FOnline.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #794 on: February 09, 2011, 12:32:33 am »
What's exactly bad on the Midwestern PA, except for badassery and generic look?
Maybe because they look too much like Predators and not knights?

Edit: Wait, shit, i know: they look exactly like Enclave Advanced PAs from the Spawn Of Beth. Midwestern PAs must be their direct predecessors.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:38:16 am by Alvarez »