Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611704 times)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2011, 04:02:09 pm »
video!

The animation and texture looks totally awesome, that makes me a happy modeler, Karpov!  ;D ;D ;D
Did the mesh deform correctly?

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #616 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »
VB models aren't "falloutish". Models look suck when stayind and running. I think SDK should have Karpov models when it will be done.

Karpov again great work. Cool.

+1 !

Go Karpov! Your work is really nice looking!

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 02, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »
Nice work as always :)
Liked much that NCR armor on video.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #618 on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:49 pm »
Thank you.
Alvarez, the mesh deformed correctly  over the original mesh, no overlapping, but I hid the polygons below it anyway, to prevent the engine from rendering them, just left hands feet and head from the character. The texture was a quick mapping to the texture from New Vegas, but I think it would be better to create a new one. Can you add ammo pouches on the waist? nothing too detailed, just some box around the belt, would look nice.

I have a problem with running animation, it looks silly the way I did it, and the weight of the weapon would be so difficult to bear that way. Take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agl-GpnMGRg
Perhaps If he carried it vertically... any idea?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:49:48 pm by Karpov »

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #619 on: February 02, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »
Although I personally never had the chance to run around with a Plasma rifle, I do not think your animation is silly. Just my opinion.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #620 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »
It's still a bit stiff. :p

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »
Perhaps is there a possibility to swing the arm (weapon) from side to side, or rather pressing it to the body, pointing the tip up over the left shoulder, with the right elbow dramatically pointed forward?
(upper body slightly swinging from side to side)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBCWX17T
Also, pouches added. Karpov, could you upload your base female model, tool? I'll try to work out how UVwrap runs properly, but anyone is welcome to do the textures as well.

Our lovable ninja nurse Pistacja, perhaps? Your robe texture looked pretty good.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:34:19 pm by Alvarez »

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:03 pm »
Ye, he should swing a bit with his arms, his upper body is too stiff. But it do look nice.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »
Yes for arm swinging!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »
Looks funny, just like if he will be running with a spear in a hands.  I think, that this problem could be easily solved: his arms should be moving while he is running. Check this video at ~30th second to understand what I mean.
upd: just like it was suggested before me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:07:35 am by Graf »

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #625 on: February 03, 2011, 01:29:24 am »
ur link is broken graf, remove the extra "ttp//".
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Gray

« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:33 am »
I will try to make few "Naked" bald guy textures(with underwear you dirty cats!:>) in different skintones to be some kind of "base" for future works. Maybe it will be helpful, maybe not. Always some practice.
Why not to use VB textures? They got 18 skin tones and fully unwrapped.
I think running animations should be according to the holding weapon.
Clubs, knives, spears, pistols, SMGs: The same running animation like if you were unarmed.
Sledgehammers, rifles, shotguns, laser rifles etc.: The character holds his weapon in both hands and has it near his body.
Heavy guns (flamers, plasma rifles, miniguns, rocketlaunchers etc.): The character tries to pull the weapon up, but due to it's weight, the character holds it low.
Good Idea, maybe spear too, they are quite heavy, I could make him run like the spearmen in many RTS games.
I have some experience in running with various weapons. Pistols and SMG are really light enough to run as usual.
Assault rifles may be hold by one hand, but this hand is not swinging on the run, it's pinned to the waist.
Heavy weapons like machine gun should be hold by both hands, pinned to the abdomen.

UPD. Took an attempt to work with Karpov's model

Should I proceed?

P.S. Karpov, check PM for the archive.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:16:04 pm by Gray »

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #627 on: February 03, 2011, 03:53:24 pm »
Also, pouches added. Karpov, could you upload your base female model, tool? I'll try to work out how UVwrap runs properly, but anyone is welcome to do the textures as well.

Our lovable ninja nurse Pistacja, perhaps? Your robe texture looked pretty good.

Thanks, and sure if you have a model I can bake some textures for it. If it has UVs the even better.
I wouldn't mind making the base(nude) texture for the female model, I even got some nice live size reference for that ;)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #628 on: February 03, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
Hello.
About the female model, I have never, not even once tested it in game, and it was not made looking at the sprites for recreating the original Fallout model, it was just an experiment for "femalizing" the other model. So I would not recommend to work on it yet.

Gray, the Combat armor is absolutely beautiful. I worked perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CViY3am8_SA

Here is another video of the big gun animation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdYbNPXjlQ
 I added that swaying effect, looks better, I guess, but I'm not very convinced.I tried to make him raise the weapon to the shoulder, but the transition from idle anim to the running anim is way to fast, there is no way anyone can raise such a heavy weapon that fast, so it looks bad. Anyway, I don't want to get stuck here, so I will move on. 
  Before I forget, someone made that cool M60 model I used, I can't credit him/her because I don't know who has.

Ok, next I will test how weapon animations work, I need to figure it out. Then some essential animations I missed, like Use and Taking Damage.
Bye

Offline Gray

« Reply #629 on: February 03, 2011, 05:02:23 pm »
Gray, the Combat armor is absolutely beautiful. I worked perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CViY3am8_SA
Outstanding.
Your models are much easier to work with. Tomorrow I'll try Metal Armor.