Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611872 times)

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #600 on: February 01, 2011, 07:41:54 pm »
Ye, there should be a big-gun running, would look weird if they wield 2-handed guns with only 1 hand when running. Can't wait for your shooting ani. video ;)
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #601 on: February 01, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »
One thing: when I run with the flamer in hand the guy just holds it like a pistol and it looks kinda weird, so I have to make a "running_with_big_gun" animation, any suggestions? I will see if I can do something about it.

Ok, I think that's all. Bye

When running, automatic animation with gun in back? Or if you are really motivated, you can make it with the guy wielding it with both hands.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #602 on: February 01, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »

This looks way better than the bent over models we can see on TLA.

« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2011, 07:56:53 pm »
Running with weapons animations? Yes please.
It might look quite "nice and realistic" when big gun will be laying on the shoulder while running. I don't see it happening to run with something like that in normal position without hurting your legs or being seriously slowed down. But I believe it's up to you and your imagination Karpov :P
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2011, 08:08:21 pm »
Great progress ;]
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »
I exported it to Autodesk fbx, it seems another export options were broken.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGU3G7E8

Offline Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #606 on: February 01, 2011, 08:26:42 pm »
One thing: when I run with the flamer in hand the guy just holds it like a pistol and it looks kinda weird, so I have to make a "running_with_big_gun" animation, any suggestions? I will see if I can do something about it.

Ok, I think that's all. Bye
I think everytime you want to run somewhere, the guy should holster his weapon, animation will start, that forces you to wait there for some time (0.5sec ?), just like firing animation. Same should apply on arriving to desired hex, animation for unholstering will start. This should concern only really big weapon, so using light, fast weapons such as FN FAL, AK47 will be more viable.
Walking should be done without holstering, which makes walking usable in combat.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #607 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:33 am »
Great progress again.

Btw. something I noticed on your flamer a while ago: Your version only has one "gas tank" on top of it. But on the original critters you can see two tanks, if you take a closer look.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #608 on: February 02, 2011, 01:39:12 am »
Great progress again.

Btw. something I noticed on your flamer a while ago: Your version only has one "gas tank" on top of it. But on the original critters you can see two tanks, if you take a closer look.

Yes, now I see what you mean. I don't remember if I did it on purpose or not  ;D  I will try and fix that.

New video here, Alvarez made this NCR uniform, I did some quick texturing with NewVegas textures for testing purposes. It works fine, without clipping even if I leave the model below, but of course I disable invisible parts to lower the polycount. So don't worry about that Alvarez ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQy8FH_JMA

no running animation yet, maybe tomorrow.  Bye

« Reply #609 on: February 02, 2011, 09:03:43 am »
Wow, this gives a bunch of fresh air in the game  :D => well done guys!
TTTLA for a New World Order

Offline Gray

« Reply #610 on: February 02, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »
This looks way better than the bent over models we can see on TLA.
I can make models looks anyway, but I'm restricted by present animations. SDK has only VB animations - my models are looks like VB models.
no running animation yet, maybe tomorrow.  Bye
Wait, base model has running animation... Does it mean, that you are animating each model separately? Don't you use a skeleton animation?

« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:46 pm »
Question:
What are you going to do with skin tones/hairstyles? Making each model of armor for seperate skin tone might be a long process of texturing. In that case people shouldn't make anything like "NCR ranger suit" right now without having lets say - few different skin tones to work with. Hairstyles might be seperated models but I think few of them should be just textured on players head so we've got next dozen of skins to make. Same applies to beard/moustache. Prove me I'm wrong. I'm not too much into that kind of stuff.

Anyway:
I will try to make few "Naked" bald guy textures(with underwear you dirty cats!:>) in different skintones to be some kind of "base" for future works. Maybe it will be helpful, maybe not. Always some practice.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2011, 03:02:40 pm »
I can make models looks anyway, but I'm restricted by present animations. SDK has only VB animations - my models are looks like VB models.Wait, base model has running animation... Does it mean, that you are animating each model separately? Don't you use a skeleton animation?
VB models aren't "falloutish". Models look suck when stayind and running. I think SDK should have Karpov models when it will be done.

Karpov again great work. Cool.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2011, 03:31:22 pm »
I think running animations should be according to the holding weapon.
Clubs, knives, spears, pistols, SMGs: The same running animation like if you were unarmed.
Sledgehammers, rifles, shotguns, laser rifles etc.: The character holds his weapon in both hands and has it near his body.
Heavy guns (flamers, plasma rifles, miniguns, rocketlaunchers etc.): The character tries to pull the weapon up, but due to it's weight, the character holds it low.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2011, 03:44:27 pm »
Wait, base model has running animation... Does it mean, that you are animating each model separately? Don't you use a skeleton animation?

No no no, it would be a crazy thing to do  ;D. I am saving animations in separate files and not putting all toghether like the VB model. That way is a lot easier to work, I can have many different files, like Spear_animations.x, Walk.x, Pistol_animations.x , they are all very light in kilobytes and they load when the game starts, so there is no problem. I use skeleton animation with a nice tool that lets me ,load ,save and mix animations , then exports to the standard bone system that the game uses.

Question:
What are you going to do with skin tones/hairstyles? Making each model of armor for seperate skin tone might be a long process of texturing. In that case people shouldn't make anything like "NCR ranger suit" right now without having lets say - few different skin tones to work with. Hairstyles might be seperated models but I think few of them should be just textured on players head so we've got next dozen of skins to make. Same applies to beard/moustache. Prove me I'm wrong. I'm not too much into that kind of stuff.

Anyway:
I will try to make few "Naked" bald guy textures(with underwear you dirty cats!:>) in different skintones to be some kind of "base" for future works. Maybe it will be helpful, maybe not. Always some practice.

Answer: Right now the clothes I am using are the skin tone, like body painting  :). But yes, you can add the leather jacket over the bald naked guy, like I did in the first video, or add it over the dressed up one, and the clothes/skin below remains the same. Before that first video, the guy had the jacket but he was still in underwear, so I added a different texture to the subsets I needed, pants , shoes, and shirt. You can PM if you want base texture to make others.

I think running animations should be according to the holding weapon.
Clubs, knives, spears, pistols, SMGs: The same running animation like if you were unarmed.
Sledgehammers, rifles, shotguns, laser rifles etc.: The character holds his weapon in both hands and has it near his body.
Heavy guns (flamers, plasma rifles, miniguns, rocketlaunchers etc.): The character tries to pull the weapon up, but due to it's weight, the character holds it low.

Good Idea, maybe spear too, they are quite heavy, I could make him run like the spearmen in many RTS games.